That looks awesome! I have been dreaming about this since the early 90s. I think the only Zero kit available so far was the one from Bandai which was a sort of HG 1/60 scale. Too bad it won't be in scale with the Ingram MG from bandai which, if i remember correctly, are a 1/35 scale. Now i just have to find somebody who can build it and paint it!

2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Kaiyodo recently announced a 1/24 Type Zero resin kit:

https://twitter.com/kaiyodo_PR/status/831813071370805248/photo/1

Wow. Kaiyodo did a lot of the 1/35 - 1/24 soft vinyls GK's for Patlabor. I have one of the 1/35 helldivers which was actually pretty nice.

It doesn't look poseable though. 

18,000 isn't actually an insane price for a 1/24 labor but I wonder if it's actually a new piece or a re-print of the ancient 20-yr old kits

Edited by Duymon

35 minutes ago, Frogze said:

Any idea of how these Ingrams compare to the CM's scale-wise? I can't find anything on that yet online and I'd love to pick some of these to complete my CM's lineup

Ooh that does it, I'll do a review... some day. 

17 hours ago, Frogze said:

Any idea of how these Ingrams compare to the CM's scale-wise? I can't find anything on that yet online and I'd love to pick some of these to complete my CM's lineup

I just finally ordered the Ingram 1 (cuz saturn needs a friend, i was waiting for non ingram labors to start poppin up before investing in a new Patlabor toy line)

Once it arrives I'll have a comparison to the CM's Brave Gohkin asap.

If only CM's hadn't messed up its budget line with the mediocre peacemaker and abyssmal broken....... (I picked up a blue and red broken each at $20 bucks and still felt jipped)

So how do the Robot Damashii's compare to, say, Hi-Metal R?  They're pricing is similar so I was hoping the quality/build/engineering is similar.  Is the Pit Road 1/24 Special Control Vehicle around still?  What I've found of it on Amazon is confusing and seems expensive (~$93USD).  Maybe there are some other scale alternatives?

15 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

So how do the Robot Damashii's compare to, say, Hi-Metal R?  They're pricing is similar so I was hoping the quality/build/engineering is similar.  Is the Pit Road 1/24 Special Control Vehicle around still?  What I've found of it on Amazon is confusing and seems expensive (~$93USD).  Maybe there are some other scale alternatives?

A step below HMR. The 1/24 pit car has been out of production for a long time so you're paying for scarcity. 

21 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

The Pitt-road Car has 2 versions.

The Pre-buit painted version retails for like 9800 Yen.

The Kit version is like half the price. Both kits come with all the figures pre-assembled and painted.

I bought the pre-built when it was on sale waaay back and It's a great purchase.It really complements the 1/24 Ingram I have.

On 02/03/2017 at 11:20 PM, jenius said:

Ooh that does it, I'll do a review... some day. 

That would be great, I'm looking forward to it

8 hours ago, Duymon said:

I just finally ordered the Ingram 1 (cuz saturn needs a friend, i was waiting for non ingram labors to start poppin up before investing in a new Patlabor toy line)

Once it arrives I'll have a comparison to the CM's Brave Gohkin asap.

If only CM's hadn't messed up its budget line with the mediocre peacemaker and abyssmal broken....... (I picked up a blue and red broken each at $20 bucks and still felt jipped)

Thanks a lot Duymon! I only got the blue one and I agree with you the Broken is a complete mess of a toy, but as a display piece it looks nice enough for me to overlook its many flaws. I didn't change its pose since almost 2 years now and it hasn't fallen apart yet. The elbows are wrapped in a piece of cloth and they used to pop out all the time. Nice looking detail but what an incredibly backward build. If the RD version is in comparable scale I'd love to get that version as a more posable replacement

• 2 weeks later...

I would lose my crap if I saw that going down the highway...

I actively am praying (aloud, mind you) that Headgear does a full series of the Patlabor Reboot. I can't count the number of times I have watched the short.

Well, I'm a whore. I went and bought a Master Grade Ingram Special kit with the shoulder lamps. It's unbelievable to me how much the Yamato version sells for these days. Holy cow.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jenius said:

Hmm, NY is showing it available for 10,500 Yen.... no me likey that price. I will be on the prowl....

yeah hefty markup on NY :/ like 3000 yen more than original. can't blame them though even Mandarake had it up for nearly the same and it sold instantly.

I had no idea Unit 2 would be marked up that quick, good thing I nabbed mine months ago! Within the same hour NY sent me a prep in progress and shipped email, Unit 2 is on the way! I've grabbed everything in the line so far, even managed to get a friend to grab me that stupid exclusive paint ball gun training set.