They look great but I generally only buy mechs of shows and movies I've seen. Though I've never seen dragonar the mechs do look great. Maybe in my wildest dreams arcadia would release the type Zero. Or do a small reissue if the ingrams. Well let my hunting continue for a reasonable priced yamato ingram

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Unit 1 from the from guy selling that Unit 2. Had not listed it yet and I took a chance and pinged him.

He lives one suburb over so I just picked it up. It had a white paint splotch on its chest near the badge and I was kind of put off by that - but when I raised the issue he GAVE me a completed command car! Nice. Think my 1/24 collecting is done.

Was able to take the white paint off mostly - and I got some pics at sunrise today. Just another beautiful day in Cleveland, OH . . .

post-8486-0-30809300-1410986549_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-12098000-1405715290_thumb.jpg

A few of these pics look 'real size' - That looks like a giant Ingram leg to me . . .

post-8486-0-64647000-1405608657_thumb.jpg

Got some very cool sun spot action - and this one sort of looks real to me too . . .

post-8486-0-98995800-1407354971_thumb.jpg

My favorite from these.

That is the ACTUAL Cleveland sky this morning, its not always snowing here . . .

post-8486-0-02605800-1405608766_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Nope. I had Unit 2 already.

When I saw the seller was from a suburb adjacent to mine I took a chance and contacted him.

Asked him if he had a Unit 1 - he did and I snagged it. Picked it up locally.

Whoever DID get that Unit 2 for $320 got a good deal IMO.

--- Noticed above one of Unit 1's chest lights is sagging closed, must fix that . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across this while looking through Yamato's site and they apparently give you a full guide on how to fix the rather loose waist on the 1/24 Ingram in japanese , but with pictures! After observing it more it looks like the joint is really just a big ball joint.......no wonder it flops. dry.gif. For those of us who's daring enough to rip apart a $250 figure you may consult this guide. (Also a little tidbit I found funny was that to tighten the joint you use a piece of the silk Yamato covers your ingram with in order to help add more friction to the joint. laugh.gif ). Hope this helps for anyone wanting the waist tighter.

Threadomancy.

OMG this surgery guide helped me fix my Mad-loose AV-98 I just got last week. It's perfect now woot woot!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

quick question can't remember if this was covered. The new AV-98 Ingram kit that's out based on the live action adaptation, some sites list it as a snap together, others say it's a glue together. Which is it? Depending on that I might put it in my backlog of kits.

quick question can't remember if this was covered. The new AV-98 Ingram kit that's out based on the live action adaptation, some sites list it as a snap together, others say it's a glue together. Which is it? Depending on that I might put it in my backlog of kits.

http://dalong.net/

go on Bandai-ETC

towards the bottom it shows a picture of it.

click on it.

Its a snap together kit. Looks really nice

Edited by VF-Zer0S

My kit came in 3 days ahead of time :D way to go Fedex for once!

I had to paint the feet so far....I didn't like the stickers I felt like they'd fail me pretty quickly so I took out my semi-gloss and going over it then I'll clean it up so it's less messy, not to hard to do.

This kit will so need a wash when it's ready.....oh yes, it will reallllllyyyy need a wash.

So my Labor came in from Fedex like I said over the weekend. Of course I dropped everything I was working on kit wise and began my work on the model.

I did glue a couple of pieces like the rollcage on the sensor eye on the head unit, the tie-down hook on the crotch stuff like that....small flimsy pieces that popped off a lot.

Added a bit of paint, silver on the pistons on the ankles and neck joint, gold on the rear ankle for insulation pipping. Painted the pilot figure which I hated....very generic looking, not so inspiring, the feet and back area were painted with a semi-gloss black cause I hated the stickers. And of course console detailing.

Finishing touches was a flat black enamel wash which I think turned out well.

The kit was fun, very refreshing to build after doing nothing but Gundams for so damn long. The coverings were interesting, I wasn't expecting stiff plastic bagging more like rubber molded pieces so this gave the kit a much more realistic look! I enjoyed that!

post-600-0-47678100-1424756342_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-87867200-1424756266_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-82509200-1424756273_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay! So I finally got to cave in and I bought my first MG version Ingram unit 1. I've done just a few things to the build so far like assembled the right arm and painted the Noa figurine.

I really want to amp this sucker up some more and wanted to ask if there were any after market accessories similar to the patlamp you can really only find on the Unit 2 editions.

For me it just wouldn't feel right without adding the kind of a gimmick to this model.

Okay! So I finally got to cave in and I bought my first MG version Ingram unit 1. I've done just a few things to the build so far like assembled the right arm and painted the Noa figurine.

I really want to amp this sucker up some more and wanted to ask if there were any after market accessories similar to the patlamp you can really only find on the Unit 2 editions.

For me it just wouldn't feel right without adding the kind of a gimmick to this model.

AFAIK, the patlamp parts were the only add-ons released for the MG Ingram kits. A while back I wanted to search for super detailed 1/6 scale revolvers and shotguns that could replace the weapons found in the kits, but I never got around to it.

AFAIK, the patlamp parts were the only add-ons released for the MG Ingram kits. A while back I wanted to search for super detailed 1/6 scale revolvers and shotguns that could replace the weapons found in the kits, but I never got around to it.

I've seen like the LED set sold separately after researching but they're long gone and out of production. Just curious if a 3rd party group replicated them or if there was a tutorial out there on how to make your own. But alas it looks like it's a lost cause!

• 1 month later...