Yes, they really are great. are an alternative to toys and can do in many times as you want. I really liked the attack helicopter, patrol support and maintenance post. most are in scale 1/50 which is an advantage if you got some model in 1/60.

Edited by MILKAUTICO

Out of no where, I suddenly very interested on the labor carrier. If you guys come accoss any pics of it from books, animes, or movies, post them here. :)

Here are some Ingram Carrier line art scans I made from the B-Club Special Labor Graphix book.

The scratchbuilt one you were thinking was too large and bulky compared to the Ingram is the TV and Movie version I believe. The slimmer, more basic version from the Early Days OVAs.

post-8486-0-12554400-1378818653_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-72808500-1378818681_thumb.jpg

By the way - this is a GREAT Patlabor book, best I have seen. Tons of color, great art, cut-ways, shows every Labor from every movie, OVA and show (highly recommended):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LABOR-GRAPHIX-Patlabor-Art-Book-Anime-Manga-/250960286790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e661446

The one thing I REALLY like about Patlabor is how the Ingrams look functional. No (or very few) parts of the design look like they are there just to be cool and stylish (which, IMHO, was part of the reason the Type-0 was such a sleek and stylized design... to set it apart from our work-a-day Ingrams).

That thing up there, and the new design for the live action... not so much.

Yeah.. I saw that earlier today.. kinda disappointed with the change of the uniform. But at this point, with all the changes already made, I'm less than surprised.
Maybe it'll be like WXIII, and we'll only see like a few minutes of ingram action for the whole show (in CGI off course).

I'm guessing Noah is on the right. The center guy better not be Ohta. Doesn't look squat and angry enough. Yeah shame about the uniforms. They look more like a military team than you're average joe police department that just happens to have mechs.

Read a similar article yesterday. Interesting that it'll be a series (shown in theatres), followed by a theatrical film release in 2015. That's pretty much par for the course for live-action stuff in Japan it seems.

I found it interesting that they're bringing back the seiyuus of Goto and Shigeo (though I couldn't tell who is who in the photos), as live actors.

We'll just have to hope it'll be a nice adaptation. Wonder if they'll follow the comedic nature of the TV-series, or the more serious tone of the movies. (Mamoru Oshii usually likes to do philosophical stuff)

I was a tad disappointed when I read that it's a new cast of characters, but I suppose it'd be hard to pull off the strange chemistry the old characters had in a new live action movie. And I read that now instead of Kanuka Clancy there'll be a russian character (who'll probably look more Japanese than everyone else in true Patlabor fashion!).

• 3 months later...