Nice pictures!

How poseable is it?

I remember writing it off in favor of CM's mainly because of the head sculpt and the funky rubber joints, but it's still a very cool looking figure

The WAVE Ingram and Helldiver would not win any awards for 'pose-ability'.

If you are a collector and display person mainly, you will find that you do not feel right posing this Ingram for a long time with the rubber shrouds bent in any extreme way. Just causes stress on the rubber, and on the owner. So in that respect they are a draw back.

post-8486-0-21485700-1374843338_thumb.jpg

And you can see that WAVE re-thought it because in the Helldiver they went to a simulated cloth look for the joints and did away with the rubber.

So I will be displaying this Ingram in a very neutral pose, and leaving the extreme poses for my Revys.

Here is one for 12,000 yen, think its a good price and they do not show up very often. The metal, attention to detail, tampo printing and panel lining make this a great piece IMO ----

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-169673540

(it would make a GREAT reactive armor if they chose the right material)

post-8486-0-40174400-1374843361_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Grabbed an Ingram cel from the first episode of the Early Days OVAs. Its the scene with the charging Pickel Kun.

Made a background for it already, complete with shoulder light glow - hopefullyll I can get it framed soon...

attachicon.gifCel_Douga.jpg

attachicon.gifCel_Background.jpg

Great find Darrin and good job on the background. You're quite the artist.

It's been awhile since I posted on the Patlabor toy thread. Here's a link to my Patlbor toy pics on my Flickr page for you guys to enjoy. Feel free to check out my other photo sets, especially the one where I visited Hobby Link Japan when I went to Japan for vacation last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mchoi/sets/72057594067229792/

I never got around to taking pics of all my Patlabor toys/figures....or all my transformers and macross stuff for that matter, hopefully when I get my big display case I can show them all off :)

It's been awhile since I posted on the Patlabor toy thread. Here's a link to my Patlbor toy pics on my Flickr page for you guys to enjoy. Feel free to check out my other photo sets, especially the one where I visited Hobby Link Japan when I went to Japan for vacation last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mchoi/sets/72057594067229792/

I never got around to taking pics of all my Patlabor toys/figures....or all my transformers and macross stuff for that matter, hopefully when I get my big display case I can show them all off :)

Nice Collection. Is that the toy command car - or a completed kit?

SS - I have seen no 1/24 Unit 2s come up for sale in a while. I keep watching...

appreciate the thought darrinG!

I randomly did a search at one of my 2nd hand haunts (after stopping for a few days) and lo and behold, there it was, for a butt rape price of 31,500. not too shabby, considering how much he usually goes for on Mandarake.

they tell me there's no cig smell and missing parts, so keeping fingers crossed it's at least decent.

here I was hoping to lighten my budget (what with the 25F release) and a wild grail appears haha

wait.. you can visit HLJ?!

That must be awesome.

Nice gallery.. still wish I could lay my hands on a Unit-02

I didn't even realize there was a subtle difference in the shoulders.. always thought it was just the head.

Thanks! Ya the differences are subtle but makes a nice difference visually. And yep you can visit HLJ, you just need to tell them in advance so they can free up their schedule to meet and greet you!

Nice Collection. Is that the toy command car - or a completed kit?

SS - I have seen no 1/24 Unit 2s come up for sale in a while. I keep watching...

Thanks! The command car in the pics is the 1/24 scale plastic model kit. I had to paint and put the car together. I really took my time to make it look nice so it displays well with the 2 Patlabors.

I eventually bought the completed car too just so that I can get the Captain Goto figure that comes with it and to maybe display on its own since it comes with a display stand too...and having a pair of spare antennas is nice in case the ones on my original kit ever break...they're very fragile :)

Edited by choiboy77

I paid - gulp - 29,000 - and I have seen them go for 40,000 new.

Grab it...

oh don't get me wrong. I totally grabbed it faster than the mother freckin fist of the north star. I'm just lamenting how expensive it was, which is ironic cause I totally paid more than that for 3A's metal gear Rex.

at least they were willing to under declare the total value, so my local customs won't get a shot at charging me as well

Thanks! Ya the differences are subtle but makes a nice difference visually. And yep you can visit HLJ, you just need to tell them in advance so they can free up their schedule to meet and greet you!

omg! that's so cool of them. mind sharing details of the visit?

omg! that's so cool of them. mind sharing details of the visit?

Yep! So a month or so before going to Japan I contacted Scott Hards (owner) of HLJ about visiting and they said they would be delighted to have me visit the warehouse. After arriving in Japan I contacted them again to let them know which specific day I would make the trip to see them and Scott was really helpful about showing me which bus to take to get to Sano, the town that the HLJ warehouse is located.

Here's a link to my HLJ pics during my visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/mchoi/sets/72157629876335796/

When I arrived to Sano, Scott was nice enough to pick me up from the Bus terminal and when we arrived to the HLJ warehouse he gave me a nice tour of the facilities. We first visited the main office/cubical area where everyone worked, you may recognize a few heads in my pics. Afterwards Scott showed me his office where we talked about the earthquake from the year before and about the growth of HLJ and toys. He also showed me what was at the time the new HLJ website that they were designing. I like to tell people that I was one of the first people not working for HLJ to see the new website a few months before they released it :)

After the scoop on the new website he gave me a tour of the main warehouse area where they stock all of there inventory and gave me a nice detailed explanation of how things run at HLJ from where items are placed and the process that they go through when someone places an order to packing and shipping it (that was very cool and interesting to learn). We spent quite a bit of time in the main storage area. After that he showed me more of the warehouse, I got to meet Brian from Boss Builds, Syd (fellow Canadian) and Ryan from Gunpla TV and I even met Jim who is in charge of maintaining the HLJ website and servers. I even got to see his office and where the servers were and how he was trying to protect them from falling during the earthquake! Got a chance to see where they film their videos for HobbyLink tv and even got a picture taken with Syd and Scott. Afterwards Scott was super nice and took me out to lunch at a nearby ramen restaurant which was really good. After lunch we went back to HLJ where I made a few purchases before Scott drove me back to the bus terminal to take the bus back to Tokyo.

Yep! So a month or so before going to Japan I contacted Scott Hards (owner) of HLJ about visiting and they said they would be delighted to have me visit the warehouse. After arriving in Japan I contacted them again to let them know which specific day I would make the trip to see them and Scott was really helpful about showing me which bus to take to get to Sano, the town that the HLJ warehouse is located.

Here's a link to my HLJ pics during my visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/mchoi/sets/72157629876335796/

When I arrived to Sano, Scott was nice enough to pick me up from the Bus terminal and when we arrived to the HLJ warehouse he gave me a nice tour of the facilities. We first visited the main office/cubical area where everyone worked, you may recognize a few heads in my pics. Afterwards Scott showed me his office where we talked about the earthquake from the year before and about the growth of HLJ and toys. He also showed me what was at the time the new HLJ website that they were designing. I like to tell people that I was one of the first people not working for HLJ to see the new website a few months before they released it :)

After the scoop on the new website he gave me a tour of the main warehouse area where they stock all of there inventory and gave me a nice detailed explanation of how things run at HLJ from where items are placed and the process that they go through when someone places an order to packing and shipping it (that was very cool and interesting to learn). We spent quite a bit of time in the main storage area. After that he showed me more of the warehouse, I got to meet Brian from Boss Builds, Syd (fellow Canadian) and Ryan from Gunpla TV and I even met Jim who is in charge of maintaining the HLJ website and servers. I even got to see his office and where the servers were and how he was trying to protect them from falling during the earthquake! Got a chance to see where they film their videos for HobbyLink tv and even got a picture taken with Syd and Scott. Afterwards Scott was super nice and took me out to lunch at a nearby ramen restaurant which was really good. After lunch we went back to HLJ where I made a few purchases before Scott drove me back to the bus terminal to take the bus back to Tokyo.

wow.. that is so incredibly cool! They sound like such total bros... You must've been a big customer enough for them to actually take time off to do that.

Really nice stuff, looking at the inner workings of a toy distributor like HLJ.

Incidentally, my Ingram 2 arrived yesterday.. and she is so beautiful! Did a little check around and discovered that unit 2 had the same head (underneath that huge visor) as unit 1. Interesting tidbit (though I'm sure die-hard fans here already know about that). I was pleasantly surprised.

Batteries placed in to test the lights, which worked fine. Kinda wished I could leave them inside without worrying about leaking problems.

Definitely an impressive toy, though the arms are a bit tight to turn (kinda worry about breaking the joints, since I can't see them under the cloth).

Funny how I'd be willing to shell out the insane price for this, and yet balk at the prices of other toys like Sideshow's 1/6 Jim Raynor or Arcadia's supposed Valk offering

By the way, was it ever true that the Yamato Ingrams were produced in very limited numbers (1000pcs) ?

• 3 weeks later...

Since I have Patlabor Revys, WAVEs and Yamato as variable, posable figures -- I viewed the possibility of having MG kits as only having more of what I already have. Although the MGs do seem cheap enough I could pick them up anyway.

But I recently picked up a few very old, fixed pose 1/48 Kaiyodo resin kits. The pieces are a rough, with pits and poor detail - so they should keep me busy later when I want something to really sink my teeth into.

Kaiyodo used the same box for every kit and just added a small sticker in the lower right to differentiate them.

I picked up 5 kits - one is the AL-97 Ground Defense Atlas. Really wish WAVE would have done this guy after its Helldiver. No clear canopy or anything with the kit - that would be a serious custom that might be fun to try to pull off...

Here are some pics and screen shots ---

post-8486-0-42863700-1377776928_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-08585600-1377776943_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-79665400-1377776968_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-98494000-1377776985_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-71860100-1377777002_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-76906000-1377777029_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-36776200-1377777048_thumb.jpg

Out of no where, I suddenly very interested on the labor carrier. If you guys come accoss any pics of it from books, animes, or movies, post them here. :)

Here is a fully scratch-built Ingram carrier. A 1/24 version sounds ridiculous - but so are 1/72 Monsters and 1/48th Glaugs...

post-8486-0-46982600-1378386772_thumb.jpg

Since I have Patlabor Revys, WAVEs and Yamato as variable, posable figures -- I viewed the possibility of having MG kits as only having more of what I already have. Although the MGs do seem cheap enough I could pick them up anyway.

But I recently picked up a few very old, fixed pose 1/48 Kaiyodo resin kits. The pieces are a rough, with pits and poor detail - so they should keep me busy later when I want something to really sink my teeth into.

Kaiyodo used the same box for every kit and just added a small sticker in the lower right to differentiate them.

I picked up 5 kits - one is the AL-97 Ground Defense Atlas. Really wish WAVE would have done this guy after its Helldiver. No clear canopy or anything with the kit - that would be a serious custom that might be fun to try to pull off...

Here are some pics and screen shots ---

attachicon.gifDef_Atlas_Box2.jpg

attachicon.gifal-97_LineArt_KIT.jpg

attachicon.gifAtlas_ScreenCap_5.jpg

attachicon.gifAtlas_ScreenCap_6.jpg

attachicon.gifAtlas_ScreenCap_4.jpg

attachicon.gifAtlas_ScreenCap_2.jpg

attachicon.gifAtlas_ScreenCap_3.jpg

Wow... I got several of these kits. They're mostly 1/48 all sculptured by Hitoshi Hayami. This is one kit I'm looking for. Anyone have one for sale?

If I come across another Atlas I will let you know. I'm wondering what it would take / cost to have the cockpit drilled out and custom clear canopy made for it. The Hasagawa 1/48 flight crew pilots might look great inside.

I splurged and got this pair of resin kits that were featured on the Patlabor 3D book cover.

post-8486-0-61202900-1378472693_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-37414800-1378472714_thumb.jpgpost-8486-0-30486600-1378472721.jpg

post-8486-0-47678900-1378472751_thumb.jpg

Also got this 2 handed Ingram firing kit and the OVA style Command Truck...

post-8486-0-11641700-1378472773_thumb.jpgpost-8486-0-22421000-1378472782_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-15091100-1378472813.jpg