Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Thanks guys. I used a gundam marker (0.04) and eraser to thin up the panels. Did a quick and easy panel lining job. Can't wait to see prometheum's weathered version. ;)

Nice pics of isamu with the YF-19, Kicker. But basara in DYRL pilot suit....ermmmm..... :lol:

I just got my YF-19 today, and I can say that I'm pretty satisfied with it and even though the gunpod isn't perfectly straight, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm fortunate that there's an import model store that deals with these kinds of things so I don't need to go online to search for them...

Anyway, here's what my gunpod looks like:

IPB Image

And here's a battoroid pic with my other prized possesion...

IPB Image

Wooohoooo Air Force representing. Haha got the 19 holding the Airnan's coin is funny to me for some reason don't know why.

OK guys got my YF-19 three days ago too, thanks to HLJ.

HLJ got some slight negative critique a couple of pages back, so I thought

I'll post my ordering process here:

- Ordered on 11.12.

- Shipping notice on 20.12.

- Package arrived on Thu 28.12.

I can't speak for others but I think that went quite fast considering I didn't pre-order.

And if it were not for the holidays then it probably would of come here faster - so thumbs up from me.

Although I do have be honest and say that that YF-19 wasn't the only thing I ordered, so maybe they

gave me higher priority or something...

Anyway on to my quick review of YF-19:

• First of all, this thing is work of art.

Beautiful in fighter mode and menacing/ready kick butt in battroid mode.

• Transformation process from fighter to battroid is essentially easy to do. The only real

problem I had was unlocking the cockpit area (the pull back and slide down part..). I had to

try this several times... maybe because I was afraid of breaking something else in the process.

• I'm glad to report that all the joints are tight and almost none of the parts are loose or

wobbly. I say almost because the left plastic shoulder (the one with "19" printed on it) bit

seems looser than the right. I've tried to look into this but couldn't come up with an

explanation for the problem. It could have something to do with a plastic peace that slides

in and out when you hinge the shoulder.

This only a minor problem, the shoulder still hinges and it doesn't change/screw the look of

the battriod or anything, so there is no need for restless nights because of this.

• As for fixes/improvements other than rear landing gear and gunpod? Well for the second

round/repaint version Yamato should improve on the lock between gullet and nose for battroid

mode. It works the way it is but it is a bit to loose for my taste. Make the tab a bit wider

or change the diamond shaped hole for a slot and the two parts should lock firmly together.

So what's my final verdict on the YF-19: A must buy for any Macross (Plus) fan!

I've only got one now but I'm definitely getting another one later.

I'm waiting on one from BBTS. When I ordered it, I had no idea it would be my second -19.

I'm also waiting for mine from BBTS. Due to release in December 2006 and we're the 31st. No sign of it shipping anytime soon. :(

What the heck happened with their shipment, anyway? Something about a ship? They're usually pretty good about getting pre-orders out when in a timely fashion...

What the heck happened with their shipment, anyway? Something about a ship? They're usually pretty good about getting pre-orders out when in a timely fashion...

Dunno, but it reminds me of a parachute I was supposed to get with a kit I bought in the early 1990s. They weren't available when the kit was released (36" chute, IIRC), so there was a form in the kit explaining you could request one and it'd be shipped (from China) as soon as they had them available.

As I remember, it took on the order of 6-8 months for it to finally arrive. I'm fairly convinced they sent some guy walking across the US to the west coast, had them swim to China, squeeze a bunch of silkworms, knit it all into cloth, make the parachutes by hand and then had him swim and walk back to put it in my mailbox.

At least that's what I'd like to imagine, as I can't think of any other justification for it taking so long. :p

I just hope it's not a similar situation with BBTS.

Although whenever I have something imported, I accept that it's likely going to take a while to arrive, so as far as I'm concerned, it gets here when it gets here.

Sooner would be nice of course, but I can wait.

For those who preordered from BBTS, here's an email exchange I had with Joel back on Dec 27.

Hi Joel,

I was wondering what the status is on the Yamato 1/60 YF-19? You listed it as "Arriving Soon" in your November 20 BBTS News email. When do you expect it to start shipping?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff - our supplier gave me a premature arrival date back when I sent out

that newsletter, I think they are planning to ship to us in the next few days so

it should be under 2 weeks before they arrive.

Thanks!

Joel Boblit

President

www.BigBadToyStore.com

I was going to cancel my BBTS order and order from Los, but he sold out between me deciding to do it, and actually doing it. At this point I might as well wait.

I faced the same predicament -- sorry if I got the last on from Lost and Found Toys. :mellow: Now I can patiently wait for BBTS to get the shipment.

I faced the same predicament -- sorry if I got the last on from Lost and Found Toys. :mellow: Now I can patiently wait for BBTS to get the shipment.

I'm waiting on Twin Moons still. Supposed to be here this week according to an e-mail update I got. But I'm not sure if it means it will get to TMP this week, then take another week to get to me or what. Oh well, it's like waiting for Christmas :)

I'm waiting on Twin Moons still. Supposed to be here this week according to an e-mail update I got. But I'm not sure if it means it will get to TMP this week, then take another week to get to me or what. Oh well, it's like waiting for Christmas :)

oooh, this is good news.

I'm hoping for a 19A Excalibur, or a low vis v1 scheme. A stealth scheme that's black and daaaaark grey, with red visor and nose sensors would look badass... Damn, why'd I have to think of that. Now I want one. :(:lol:

I don't know why people don't seem to use hlj.com like I often do. It's fairly cheap, and the shipping is quite reasonable, especially when you buy a few items at a time. You have the option of sending items that are available at one time, or to wait and ship them along with any preordered items. I've had my YF-19's since last year.

now we just need an SV-51, and a YF-21... and oh yes, a regult... and then maybe a big monster too

Because alot of us non-users think that, well, HLJ takes too long-lol.

Also, just as I've said before, many U.S. based fans like myself don't like using overseas vendors...

Plus the fact that HLJ doesn't seem to use the 'first come, first served' rule at all. You can sit there clicking on refresh until pre-orders are open, be the first person to pre-order, and then not get one until the second or third shipment.

Plus the fact that HLJ doesn't seem to use the 'first come, first served' rule at all. You can sit there clicking on refresh until pre-orders are open, be the first person to pre-order, and then not get one until the second or third shipment.

I never had this problem. You probably preordered late cause alot of "HOT" items (ie: Max Factory Haruhi) i always preorder on the day they put it up.

And generally i am happy about HLJ. 2 weeks on SAL isn't too long for me to wait. If you want your stuff faster, you could try EMS which takes about 2-3 days.

Also, just as I've said before, many U.S. based fans like myself don't like using overseas vendors...

That happened to me with the VF-0S... I pre-ordered on the first day it was available, and I had to wait until the second shipment...

At least they didn't do this with the YF-19.... Because then I'll have to scream.

Kicker773... What the heck are you going to do with those 19s?! God, maybe you're the reason why BBTS got delayed!

people in the US are too impatient that all. eather be cheap us SAL and learn to live with it or spend the extra cash on EMS and have it in a week.

Some times I think that HLJ actually knows who you are and purposely withholds you stuff for badmouthing them online :ph34r:

Quick question, roughly how long does it take for an HLJ SAL shipment to get to the US?

Thanks!

~Luke

They have an 'estimated shipping times' table on their site.

* EMS: 5-14 days

* Air Mail: 7-10 days

* SAL: 7-45 days (varies greatly by country -- Brazil, Belgium and Italy are especially slow)

* Surface: 4-6 weeks (not recommended or insured by HLJ! Read more about this.)

HLJ sometimes chooses to ship EMS even though the customer requested SAL.

They do this with packages that reach a certain value.

From the HLJ site

some requests for SAL shipping may be shipped by EMS instead if the item is too large to go by SAL small packet, or if there are many items in the order and/or the order is particularly valuable (above 15,000 yen).