Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

One less thing to complain about is the 1/60 scale VF-0 pilot can pilot the YF-19.

Actually, i do feel that Isamu pilot is overscaled for the YF-19....he's abit too big but the VF-0 one fits perfectly.

He's only around when there's a yamato release and he got his. :lol:

It was funny when i told him i got mine and happily playing with it while he has to wait for his fiancee to enter the shower before he could sneak the YF-19 into the house. :lol:

Why do I expect perfection when they release an uber-expensive "toy"? Is that too much to ask?

ha ha ,maybe we can expect to pay for a brand new car that without a "openable" engine cover, than told myself " that's ok! I still can live with it, just in case I must open it , get a chain saw to cut it out ,problem solve! that's so easy!" :p

Hi,

Got my YF 19 yesterday, though it took its sweet time, i would have to say i was starting to regret buying it because i had to pay import duty, VAT, Customs and clearance fee, and the fact that royal mail and parcel force sucks even after paying they wouldn't deliver the next day.

Anyway the toy itself is great , i couldn't decide wither to leave it in fighter mode or batroid mode. My version also has all the same QC issues such as the wonky gunpod. During transforming i thought it broke because it split in half but it was easily put back together.

Yeah who wouldn't regret a little bit if you had to pay that much just to receive a toy with some annoying flaws.

The only thing that is not like the original anime is the color, this model is white. But it does look really nice and it's tough to decide whether to leave it in battroid or fighter mode, make you wish you own 2 of them.

Yeah who wouldn't regret a little bit if you had to pay that much just to receive a toy with some annoying flaws.

The only thing that is not like the original anime is the color, this model is white. But it does look really nice and it's tough to decide whether to leave it in battroid or fighter mode, make you wish you own 2 of them.

Hi,

If i manage to save enough money i might just buy a second one, but i would wait for a 2nd edition when they sort out the flaws, and hopefully UK customs won't charge me for it. I was in a rush to get this model because i missed out on the 1/72 version.

Hi,

If i manage to save enough money i might just buy a second one, but i would wait for a 2nd edition when they sort out the flaws, and hopefully UK customs won't charge me for it. I was in a rush to get this model because i missed out on the 1/72 version.

Chances are you will. I got charged £17.60 VAT & £14 Parcelforce handling charges :ph34r:

Chances are you will. I got charged £17.60 VAT & £14 Parcelforce handling charges :ph34r:

Hi,

How i hate parcel force, anyway i think customs don't charge every single item that comes into the country because i bought a VF-0S and also a Yamato 1/12 Scopedog that managed to get through without getting charged.

I got mine yesterday and did the landing gear mod. The 19 is great, but lacks detail compared to the Vf-0, anyway it was drawn that way so it looks like it should.

A little OT, can anyone tell me where to get a good decent pic for the extra stickers? I've found some pics but they are too small to get the proper placement.

Well this is interesting, Yamato's official site has steps for precautions when transforming (Not sure if it's been posted). Seems pretty self-explanatory; the grey part that people mentioned before which formed stress marks - it says that you shouldn't push that part forward whatsoever or you'll damage it. My guess is that those 2 tabs are there to stop the neck from swinging forward. Hmmm.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_002/index.html

This applies to page 12-13 of the manual, steps 1-5 of [Transforming the Neck].

First of all, push (pull?) the neck forward and a little bit down to detach the lock. (Similar to how Graham did it in his video)

If you push it down too much, you might damage the neck so BE CAREFUL!!

[attachmentid=39205]

This is how it looks from the side. Notice the detached part.

[attachmentid=39206]

Detach the neck's internal lock. The 2 tabs which the red arrows point to should protrude.

DON'T PUSH THAT PART OF THE NECK FORWARD/DOWN!!! (Where the front arrow shows the big X)

To detach the neck from the tabs, push/slide the entire neck to the rear as per the arrow. Don't be in a hurry and do it carefully, you'll get a 'click' once it detaches.

[attachmentid=39207]

Looks like this when it detaches. Now you know how that section of the neck moves to the rear don't you? (haha)

Then we slide the neck down.

[attachmentid=39208]

Looks like this when you've moved the neck downwards.

It's pretty easy once you've come to this part. The next step is to just flop the nosepiece down.

[attachmentid=39209]

And so from the side you can see that it's the Battroid's body!!

Does yours look like this?! (Gotta love all those exclamations)

[attachmentid=39210]

post-1199-1166831544_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1166831549_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1166831554_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1166831560_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1166831566_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1166831572_thumb.jpg

Edited by rikiryou

Gosh , that makes it so much clearer, thanks rikiryou. ^_^

I´m still saving every single penny so I can get the YF-19 and Shin´s 0A together, boy this Christmas will be very expensive thanks to our friends ...cough..sorry , our Masters from Yamato. :lol:

OT, out of my all-time favourite 5 valks Yamato has already made 2, so i´m still hopeful they´ll release Shin´s VF-0D and the VF-5000 sometime in the future ( you´re asking yourself why I forgot the 5th one, that´s the VF-14, but that one has a very slim chance of being released ever :( )

I think the fact that Yamato had to put up supplemental steps on their site proves my earlier comment that the YF-19 instructions were poor and incomplete. And thanks, rikiryou.

I would just say the problem was that it was in Japanese. The instructions were fine.

Sheer lack of steps and photos, IMHO. Good transformation instructions don't need a word of text. Best example I can give: TF2000/RiD Ultra Magnus. More steps for all the modes than anything I've ever owned, and not a word of English. But the NUMEROUS diagrams showing EVERY step and movement make it crystal-clear the first time. If you can show an "inbetween" step/photo, then it wasn't complete the first time.

It may mean nothing, but we know what 82, 84 & 94 represent.

Back to our scheduled YF-19 discussion.

Graham

IPB Image

Spit it out in the other thread! :angry::p

Anyway, would you like to tell us if the booster can light up and also if there are any missiles hidden in those leg FAST Packs?

Edited by kensei

Anyway, would you like to tell us if the booster can light up and also if there are any missiles hidden in those leg FAST Packs?

Yes the booster can light up.

No, AFAIK, there are no missiles hidden in the leg FPs.

Haven't actually seen a set myself yet.

Graham