Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Sweet, now that you have our undivided attention, "Let start the show. . "

the only thing thats irks me is their chicken hands....why oh why can't they make some decent hands?

either way, its not a deal breaker since i got some MG hands for this puppy already. :)

now the only question that remains....

1st run? or 2nd run? :lol:

i know i've been against the 1st run but whatever problems it does have, seems to be an easy fix....atleast i hope so. i also hope they didn't have a stock shortage on these as anticipated by a lot of people, otherwise is not going to be a very merry christmas for some of us.

Again, thanks a lot, G-man!!

one thing that bothers me is the gap that exists in battroid mode. Do you think is there any way to fix it?

Great review, great photos, and neither a dirty balcony can disturb the greatness of this toy. ^_^

Thanks Graham, thanks Yamato!

PS: how is it going when sharing toys with your son? Or is it the perfect excuse to have twice as much of toys (you know, one for you, one for your son... :lol: )

WOW! Grahams' review makes you buy!

Looks like I will have to buy a second to display in fighter. :):(

Then a third for Gerwalk.

Damb, knew the new 19 was going to be addictive.

Edit: That photo is proof of tight joints!!!!!

Edited by Fly4victory

Tks for the review graham! Very detailed and informative ..especially when you took the trouble to explore the tightness and content of the joints. Everything looks sturdy and beautiful except the misalignment of the gunpod thingy. Guess i could wait for the reissue version with the minor fixes done as im on a tight budget this month.

Graham, issit possible to provide a step by step transformation illustration of the elbows when transformed from fighter to battroid and battroid to fighter cos couldnt quite figure out how they twist and turn except for the bicep sliding up/down thingy (provision of locking mechanism). Tks

PS: Hows the negotiations going with yamato in rgds to releasing a super nova YF19? Any positive feedback?Tks

Edited by recon

Thanks for the review Grahams, and very nice pics. The gunpod not straight doesn't bother me, I will not attach the gun in fighter mode. Like someone mentioned, the color look a lot better (lighter) in some of those pics.

I wish the feet Thrusters could go deeper inside (more anime like), but I guess it would interferes with the joints. Anyway, the fighter mode looks great in the side view. :D