macross Series on DVD

eight_car

O.K. really stupid noobie question here. Which Macross DVDs should I buy, if I want the original Japanese Macross series dubbed in english, or at least have the option of Japanese or English being spoken. It's not that I'm opposed to subtitles, but I find myself reading the subtitles more than watching the movie/show, if it's not dubbed. Thanks.

O.K. really stupid noobie question here. Which Macross DVDs should I buy, if I want the original Japanese Macross series dubbed in english, or at least have the option of Japanese or English being spoken. It's not that I'm opposed to subtitles, but I find myself reading the subtitles more than watching the movie/show, if it's not dubbed. Thanks.

The new ADV releases are the only dubbed Macross release.

If you read through this thread you will find that the general opinion on the ADV dub is that it sucks. You may just buy the thing and learn to regret it afterwards. There are a few members here that fall into that category.

If you read through this thread you will find that the general opinion on the ADV dub is that it sucks. You may just buy the thing and learn to regret it afterwards. There are a few members here that fall into that category.

Eh, some people like dubs. (i don't, but it's a matter of preference) It's certainly not as good as the Cowboy Bebop dub, but some people really don't like subtitles.

The main reason one shouldn't want the ADV release is because you can get the AnimEigo complete box set for the price of about 2 volumes of the ADV ones.

I've been watching my new Animeigo set... God, it's amazing how much better Macross is than Robotech. Thanks for the heads up on the $40 set! :D