Live Action Blood: The Last Vampire

Gunbuster

Every good middle needs a strong lead..........I'd like to cast (still waiting on A7's comments) Kirsten Kreuk as the female vampire hunter. I know there are some MW'ers that'll agree with me. B)

eh, didn't really give a crap about Blood as a movie. So I wouldn't care if they made a movie or not. But 2 hours of Krisin Kreuk in a little sailor uniform wouldn't be bad... :p

how many more vampire slayer movies do we need...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!!!!! I'm sorry but I can hardly stand to watch Blahna on Smallville (roomate's a fan) so no way do I want to watch her try to act moody as a vampire hunter for 2 hours.....

I agree exo, we have WAY too many vampire movies in the pipeline

(Blade III, Ultraviolet, possible Underworld sequel, not too mention all the other straight-to-video quality vamp flicks that are no doubt coming)

• 3 years later...

Here's the link

http://www.animaxis.com/en/zine/newsletter....asp?id=N001682

"Pathe has tapped a number of talented people to work on the "BLOOD" film, including Ronnie Yu ("Freddy vs. Jason") as director, with Bill Kong ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"; "House of Flying Daggers") producing. The role of heroine Saya will be played by Korean actress Ji-hyun Jun ("Windstruck"; "My Sassy Girl")."

I am a fan of Ronnie Yu :D

Blood+ was pretty good. Good story, nice characters. Too bad alot of them were prematurely killed off. I was only annoyed that the characters that annoyed me most was left alive by the end of the show.

I never saw the original Blood but I liked Blood+. I don't see what's wrong with it if you just assume it's a loosely-related plot divergence.

There's not much "plot" to "diverge" from the original anyway. :lol:

There was more plot from the games and novels after the 1s movie but Blood + is standalone and doesn't follow the canon storyline.

I never saw the original Blood but I liked Blood+. I don't see what's wrong with it if you just assume it's a loosely-related plot divergence.

Other than the fact that it's an utterly unoriginal piece of drivel with a paint by number plot and bog standard characters, the fact they ret-conned much of the original film condemns it as a bad sequel. It's not quite Highlander 2 bad, but still bad enough.

Really, the film is quite good, and you really should check it out.

• 11 months later...

I've been watching Blood + and enjoy it imensely. I'll have to go back and watch the film version. Wasn't it released by Mangle? The actress is cute, but she doesn't fit my impression of what Saya would look like.

I've been watching Blood + and enjoy it imensely. I'll have to go back and watch the film version. Wasn't it released by Mangle? The actress is cute, but she doesn't fit my impression of what Saya would look like.

Blood the Last Vampire was released years ago here in the USA by them. But nothing outside it ever since. But apparently Sony picked up the rights to release Blood+ internationally.

Ask John

Anime News Network

The problem is that the news is from January 2006. From what I also gathered, it's also showing on Adult Swim recently... I'm deployed, so I can't check the tube ^_^

Edit to add: Ask John - Oct 2007 - Regarding Blood+ and no DVD release here in the USA

Edited by Warmaker

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

OMG, you really need to see the original. It is very short, but really cool. There's no time to waste! Go now! :p Seriously though, it is one of those things that every anime fan should watch.

• 1 month later...
It's quite old news. But since no one posted this before...

Here we go the first trailer and teaser of Blood: The Last Vampire.

jp film homepage with teaser trailer

engl. Trailer

Are they doing two versions one in English and one in Japanese does not sound dubbed when she speaks English?

Who do they have playing David?

Edited by miles316

I just watched the Swedish film, "Let the Right One In" and it was one of the best vampire films I have seen. It was right up there with "the Hunger".

One of my favorites last year.... saw it twice in the theatres...

is the DVD out?

One of my favorites last year.... saw it twice in the theatres...

is the DVD out?

DVD and Blu-Ray both came out last Tuesday.