1/60 YF-19 final product pics

Tokyo Hunter

I spotted the 1/60 YF-19 final product version on display at Kotobukiya's store in Akihabara today.

http://static.flickr.com/99/311159462_7639b94edd.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/110/311159501_ad1463c40d.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/106/311159538_5b498bf1cc.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/119/311159571_2ee7bd6f3d.jpg?v=0

Click the following link for bigger pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...57594400481435/

Also check out my blog for coverage of Kotobukiya's opening of their third store in Akihabara.

http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the pics! Looks like it can hold a good pose. Still can't believe that's a $200 toy tho...makes the VF-0 looks like a bargin, because the zero valks looks more beefy. Man, I can spend hours in that store like that. I really need to visit Japan sometime soon again. I miss all the eye candy and the sensory overload!

I'm at work, can't see the pics. Do any of them show a Yen cost for the toy? I'm really curious to see what people are paying over there. I would guess these are pics from a high end toy store so whatever they're charging should give us an idea of what the MOST we should possibly pay before shipping would be.

theres no price i can see, not that it matters since MSRP doesn't mean squat over there.

i'm waiting for hayao kakazaki to post when he gets his. hes usually the first guy to get the newest releases and he pays the least compared to anyone else i know....i'd imagine his will cost about $130 or so, maybe even less. :unsure:

wow, that looks friggin sweet! And it looks like th next MP is going to be skywarp! Nice. At least it's anime accurate now.

wow, that looks friggin sweet! And it looks like th next MP is going to be skywarp! Nice. At least it's anime accurate now.

I think that's the custom job that popped up a few weeks ago.

That store has special memories for me as it was the place I first saw and bought my first Yammie. There is a very good chance my next Yammies will be bought there too. Way cheaper to buy em there and post them back to yourself.

I think that's the custom job that popped up a few weeks ago.

really? how many custom jobs were there? My friend was the one that made the first custom one that sold for 400 bucks and it came with a custom box too.

Okay, I'm home and can see the pics and am STILL very suspicious that every single photo of this toy in Battloid mode is always taken on a Yamato Launch arm. If this thing can bust a cool standing pose then why haven't there been any photos of it doing so?? This isn't really so much a question about the YF-19 (although I still wonder) but more a question about the people who do the displays. I think any battloid looks dumb on a launch arm... show me the thing frickin' standing.

PS - If Skywarp is a custom it is frickin' sweet.

Edited by jenius

Yeah seriously, what is a Battroid doing on a launch arm. Well if it can't pose it won't bother me too much, as I'm in it for the F mode...

It's just a custom done by the Kotobukiya staff. I have posted about this a couple months back stating that it is a custom.

Okay, I'm home and can see the pics and am STILL very suspicious that every single photo of this toy in Battloid mode is always taken on a Yamato Launch arm. If this thing can bust a cool standing pose then why haven't there been any photos of it doing so?? This isn't really so much a question about the YF-19 (although I still wonder) but more a question about the people who do the displays. I think any battloid looks dumb on a launch arm... show me the thing frickin' standing.

some self posed pics are definitely in order but i'm sure graham took a bunch with his upcoming review, patience my young padawans. :p

i don't get why you're complaining(for a lack of better word, sorry) about it being displayed on the launch arm? i believe this is first valk that can be displayed in battroid mode on the DYRL stand. personally i think its kind of cool yamato made the clip attachment for it. thats the one thing their stand was missing, you could display fighter and gerwalk mode but no battroid.

on a side note,

now i finally have a reason to open my DYRL stand after all this time! :lol:

nice observation. Yeah, the 1/48s cannot be posed with the stand...I wonder why's that?...

probably that's why they pose the YF-19 in battroid, but I believe the main reason is because...

YF-19 Barroid is SIMPLY GORGEOUS

Just a quick thought...

We all know the VF-1 series didn't get to the US market due to the Robotech license issues... but....

The YF-19 isn't Robotech and I've seen some Mac+ stuff sold in the US, where I haven't seen SDF at all. Now, I'm not expecting the YF-19 to pop up in Wal-Mart next to the Transformers, but legally, would it be possible? Or am I asking a stupid question since the old YF-19 never got here either? :p I'm mainly just hoping there's been some progress on the licensing since the 1/72 was around, seeing as how HG put out some DYRL stuff.

The YF-19 isn't Robotech and I've seen some Mac+ stuff sold in the US, where I haven't seen SDF at all. Now, I'm not expecting the YF-19 to pop up in Wal-Mart next to the Transformers, but legally, would it be possible?

No, we never got the 1/72 series because HG put their foot down. HG put the DYRL stuff out utilitizing what they consider to be *their* license (via Toynami). Mac+ gets the BigWest stamp in Japan and BW hates HG and does not allow companies who want to do business with HG to continue using the BW stamp of approval.

Edited by jenius

theres no price i can see, not that it matters since MSRP doesn't mean squat over there.

This is Kotobukiya we're talking about. Along with Volks, they are the ones keeping everything at MSRP. It's so stupid seeing things like 1/55 reissues at Y6800 in this day and age. <_<

I'm sure whatever Yamato's asking, that's what Kotobukiya and Volks will charge. Although if you go to Yodobashi or other places, you should be able to score one for substiantially less.

The pic was taken from a store in Japan, right?

Why not fly over there, and ask the owner why he's so fricken stupid that he didn't pose the Battroid 19 standing and "busting a cool pose?"

Seriously man, if you're so suspicious about every YF-19 picture posted, why not just wait for Graham's review and unleash your hellish complaining and doubts there when everything GOOD/BAD about the toy is FINAL?

Sheesh....

Edited by Omni Existence

talk about some flame bait....

anyway....

thursday looks to be the day, not necessarily the toy release date but atleast we know grahams review will be on schedule....one would hope? hopefully this will be gracing my shelves sooner than later....

I'd guess they are just trying to get people to buy a Launch arm as well. For what it does it ain't cheap and it doesn't do much. If you have it holding VFs on display people might want to buy one as well.

talk about some flame bait....

LOL, seriously. I didn't realize my query was so venemous as to warrant that much crying.

Sorry folks, I'll get back to licking the YF-19's arsehole, no more questioning or being cautious here.

why not just wait for Graham's review and unleash your hellish complaining and doubts there when everything GOOD/BAD about the toy is FINAL

Hellish? You found my "Why doesn't anyone make this thing stand on its own without the stupid launch arm" comment hellish? I envy whatever coddled existence you must have.

I dunno, some people here seem to take a personal and vicious offence at a minor crit or question.

Anyhow, I for one, am getting a launch frame. After seeing that picture from the Akihabara store, I knew I must have it. The 'flying battroid' poses are always the best. The valkries are active battle machines, and they should be posed in active stances.

Anyhow, I for one, am getting a launch frame. After seeing that picture from the Akihabara store, I knew I must have it. The 'flying battroid' poses are always the best. The valkries are active battle machines, and they should be posed in active stances.

I too plan on getting a launch arm, actually, I think I'm going to get one of each of the ones released. That said though, I think launch arms just make way more sense when used with vehicles in their fighter modes. Don't we always see the launch arms used with fighter mode vehicles? I also am a fan of flying/leaping battroid poses but I think those look much better with the flexi-display stands so as to not be so noticeable. Honestly though, I'm really just curious as to see how poseable this toy is without something propping it up and I'm bummed I haven't gotten a taste for that yet.

Edit - satirical yet flamish final sentence deleted for David.

Edited by jenius