Sony Playstation Portable Thread

twich

I said ROM format memory stick Keith. To erase that they'd have to deliberated degauss it somehow. It certainly could be done and would be practice now that 4G memory sticks are $40.

Releasing PSP games on memory stick is not cost efficient enough to be justified for mass productions. Sure you can get a 4GB memory stick pro duo for $40, 2GB for $25, and a 1GB for $15, but guess how much a blank UMD cost? Under $1. That a huge difference in pricing. Sure they can do it, but that’s never the point.

But the DS can do it, why not the PSP? Well, it’s because most DS games are very small in MB, they have games as small as 6 MB and only a couple in around 400MB. Most is around 100MB up or down. But PSP games normally use much more MB. There’s some that is under 100MB, but most are near 700MB, and some that’s over 1GB. The more MB your game needs the more money you will need for production if they were to use solid state memory, but if they use Disc they will not have that restriction/ cost factor/ etc

But it’s ok if you are willing to provide you OWN memory stick pro duo. You can buy PSP games on PS Network and upload them to your PSP.

Are there real advancements in firmware from PSP 2000bp and upwards? Any special code they use on the boxes to say which firmware has been installed/upgraded? I'm getting mine from here, maybe... http://www.yesasia.com/global/psp-playstat...-0-en/info.html

Cheers. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
It's official, Gundam Vs Gundam is definately coming to PSP.

http://gundam-vs.jp/psp/

I'm happy to see it released, but I was really hoping it would be a PS3 game. Unfortunately, only thing coming out on PS3 is Musou 2.

A console port would be nice as it would allow to use an arcade stick, I wasn't too crazy about the way they tweaked AEUG vs. Titans to play with the gamepad.

Got my GOW PSP modded finally, and picked up some component cords so i can play it on my TV. does anyone know is the Hori PSP Slim & Lite Face Cover Portable 2 ever came in red?

• 4 weeks later...
The new PSP-3000 is out soon, I still have my PSP-1000 as I wasn't sure if it was worth upgrading up to the PSP-2000. Should I consider getting the new model?

Wait. The PSP-3000 is basically the same as the 2000, but with a built-in mic and a vastly improved screen.

t's official, Gundam Vs Gundam is definately coming to PSP.

http://gundam-vs.jp/psp/

I'm happy to see it released, but I was really hoping it would be a PS3 game. Unfortunately, only thing coming out on PS3 is Musou 2.

I think they announced it for the PS3 now, too.

The new PSP-3000 is out soon, I still have my PSP-1000 as I wasn't sure if it was worth upgrading up to the PSP-2000. Should I consider getting the new model?

Depends on how much fun you had with the PSP-1000 and if it's really worth paying another 150GBP for the same equivalent value.

Edited by TSP

Wait. The PSP-3000 is basically the same as the 2000, but with a built-in mic and a vastly improved screen.

I think they announced it for the PS3 now, too.

Are you sure, I've been checking the import sites pretty regularly, and haven't seen anything. I've been debating on trading my 2000 in for a 3000, and will probably d oso when the cores are out.

Depends on how much fun you had with the PSP-1000 and if it's really worth paying another 150GBP for the same equivalent value.

Well I really enjoy my 1000. Had no troubles with it, no flying UMDs or sticky square button (It's a 1st Gen JP Model) and thanks to the battery upgrade I can play it for longer than originally. I have been tempted to upgrade but I'm not sure it's worth it, I would like a better screen and faster load times so I may get a 2000 when the price drops. Right now though I don't think it's worth paying out £150 for.

I modded my 1000 finally, and I don't see very much reason to upgrade... the only problems I've had with my three 1000's are breakage issues that were completely my fault, forcing me to deal with Sony's completely worthless warranty...

Are you sure, I've been checking the import sites pretty regularly, and haven't seen anything. I've been debating on trading my 2000 in for a 3000, and will probably d oso when the cores are out.

My bad. I was looking at a list of games Sony would have playable at TGS. The list looked like mostly PS3 games, so when I saw Gundam vs. Gundam I looked like they meant a PS3 version. I found another list, though, that has the games separated by system, and GvG is only listed for PSP.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know whether there will be a new Valkyrie profile game for PSP? I just saw the 3rd Valkyrie Profile series commercial on TV (I think its for PS2), and when I look for it in I found this one Valkyrie Skirt???

I hope its a joke since I recognized the character is from the anime Busou Renkin, and Valkyrie Skirt is Tokiko (the girl with mechanical scissor on her thigh) alchemy weapon.

Edited by Morpheus

• 2 weeks later...

Happy with my 2000 that I bought when Macross Ace Frontier came out. No plans to upgrade to a 3000.

Bought 4 games so far: Macross Ace Frontier, Killzone, Ace Combat and Star Wars Battlefront II.

Only played the Macross game so far and really enjoying it. It will probably be a long, long time before I even try out the other games.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Gundam vs. Gundam is out. My advice? Wait for a sequel or a DX or Plus version. The Gundam Vs. games, in my opinion, are really only good outside the arcade when Capcom gave them some kind of campaign mode. Even the campaigns in the Gundam SEED games (the one on PSP, and the second one on PS2) were kind of crappy compared to the old Capcom ones, and Gundam Vs. Gundam doesn't even have that. It's just Arcade mode until you unlock all the suits...

Bought 4 games so far: Macross Ace Frontier, Killzone, Ace Combat and Star Wars Battlefront II.

Graham

Replace Killzone with Eureka 7 and add Gundam Battle Chronicles and we have the same menu of games.

Ace Combat is great and Battlefront is fun.

Than SNES mod looks interesting but sony should make a controller that connects to the mini USB.