Sony Playstation Portable Thread

twich

Hey all, I dont know what happened to the other PSP thread, but I looked through all 4 pages, and there isnt one that I saw, so I decided to start one anew.

I have some questions for people who maybe in the know about the Playstation Portable System.

1)I heard with the addition of the Playstation store, that people with a Playstation 3 can download Any Playstation One title to play on your PSP or Playstation 3. Is this true? Will you be able to eventually log onto this site with your PSP and download any game directly onto your PSP? Now do they mean titles like Colony Wars, Final Fantasy 7 or 8 will be downloadable and playable to your PSP?

2) What happened to the PSP wallpaper thread? There were some awesome Macross related wallpapers posted and the thread seems to have disappeared.

Thanks!

Twich

you will not need a ps3 to download games it is optional, but you will be able to download games once they get the site up. the biggest game i have heard is Castlevania Symphony of the Night, i cannoit wait.

Does the Sony PSP media software allow you to transfer DVD's to a memory card for the PSP? Or is there a special program that you have to load to do that?

Thanks,

Twich

System update 3.01 is out.

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate

you can't download PS1 games without a PS3 yet.

here's Tekken 2 on the PSP.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2sxqTyG1eVw

and Resident Evil

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kik_5DTtDPo

the list of PS1 games

Biohazard Director's Cut (Capcom) - 525 yen

Jumping Flash! (Sony) - 525 yen

Minna no Golf 2 (Sony) - 525 yen

Tekken 2 (Bandai Namco) - 525 yen

Konami Antiques: MSX Colleciton Vol. 1 (Konami) - 525 yen

Konami Antiques: MSX Collection Vol. 2 (Konami) - 525 yen

Bishi Bashi Special (Konami) - 525 yen

Arc the Lad (Sony) - 525 yen

Silent Bomber (Bandai Namco) - 525 yen

Edited by dejr8bud

Does the Sony PSP media software allow you to transfer DVD's to a memory card for the PSP? Or is there a special program that you have to load to do that?

Thanks,

Twich

No it doesn't. You need to convert it to MPEG4 to be able to play it on your PSP. There are special freeware programs available which are very user unfriendly.

So, what are people favorite games? I really like syphon filter:dark mirror and Killzone:Liberation..I am really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops

Twich

I suck cause I still play Armored Core Formula Front. It has the best game control if played in A.I.Battle mode :p

And besides Armored Core:FF it's Exit,Ridge Racers, the ultimate Wallpaper and MP3/4 changer game :( . Somehow a bit disappointing for a high-end handheld gaming set.

I got Ace Combat X but left it at my brothers place in the Netherlands. At the moment he's raping it to the max. The controls and gameplay are examplary for good PSP software.

right now i am enjoying Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins and Mega Man Powered Up, i hope they make a Powered Up version of part 2 as well i so want that, as for the shooters being unplayable because of the D pad I have Gradius and it is awesome I have no problem whats so ever

Replace the analog nub on the PSP with those extended ones and you have portable shooter bliss...works terrific with Gradius collection.

I agree. I got the big cushy rubber thumb-pad set and love it more than anything.... I play either Syphon Filter or Star Wars BF2 constantly.... I got stuck on the Magpie level of Socom tho and gave up.... I really want to get Killzone and Ace Combat, and can't wait for Metal Gear Portable Ops (more than anything in th world!)

And how exactly is this downloading PSOne titles going to work? I;ve been waiting for this since the first news snippet, and I simply cannot wait now that it's almost here (for us non-PS3 owners anyways.) I never finished C:SoN simply because I got sick of eumlating it on my comp, but if I had it portable, I would play it non-stop.

I'm done playing Vice City Stories for a while. I'm stuck on destroying the Police Dishes with the Bazooka.

Tonight at Fry's I got the import Namco Museum volume 2 and it rocks, especially Rolling Thunder and Bosconian. There's two new versions of Pac Man and Motos which is kinda like the part in Mario 64 where you push B'bombs off edges. The other games included are; Dragon Spirt, Dig Dug 2, King And Balloon, Xevious, Mappy, Tower Of Druaga, Grobda, Dragon Buster and The original Motos.

IPB Image

Edited by gerwalk25

Just been playing Tekken, Ridge Racer 2(import), and Guilty Gear Judgment(import version since it has GGXX Slash). Metal Slug Anthology comes out soon. Next week I think.

Metal Slug definitely worth getting...all of them on the go? I'm there.

what do you guys think of the Untold Legends games? I think they are some mindless hack and slash stuff, but they keep me entertained...guess I am easy to please.

I am really wanting and waiting for Metal Gear Solid!

Has anyone have Daxter? My fiancee just loves it and plays it almost every night.

Twich

Daxter is a total blast.... I'm stuck on the final boss, but the whole game was a ton of fun, aside from the last keystroke-matching game, which was really really hard... but the other minigames using button-sequences are awesome. Also, the camera and graphics are great, and the controls work perfectly.

Did anyone pick up Sega Genesis collection? I just got it on Ps2 and wondering if it has he same games and plays well on the PSP?

I've been eyeing it..think I'd rather have it on the lil screen instead of the big one.

LOL man I just checked out th elist of games on that, I am going to buy it ontheway home from work tonight. It has Sword of the Vermillion. I played that game when Nirvana: Nevermind came out, I associate all RPG's with a record that I was in love with at th time it came out. I listened to that record probably 300 times while playing that game and I got to the end and had discarded "A Rusty Key" early in the game, without that key you can't fight the final boss of the game. Start over. I was so pissed, but I want to play though it again, I must be a masochist.

No it doesn't. You need to convert it to MPEG4 to be able to play it on your PSP. There are special freeware programs available which are very user unfriendly.

Actually video vault for the PSP is extremely easy to use and works on practically everything. I haven't got it to work on MKV or ogm files but everything else works. Ripping DVD's down is a breeze.

been picking up a bunch of titles and so far i am not disapointed at all, i just grabbed Mega Man X, guilty Gear and Ys The ark of Napishtim, (very simliar to Zelda 3 ) I am spoiled by Ys though because i have the far superior Japanese PC version, i have some imports game on the way as well including Naruto Narutimett Portable (cool 3d fighting) Spectral vs. Generation (awesome arcade conversion similar to guilty Gear)

Okay, so who here has picked up Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops? I would like to know what people think before I buy it. I picked up the Metal Gear Acid thing for the PSP and was less than impressed with the card system.

Twich