The new 1/144 scale Valks by Popy

chowyunskinny

I ordered 1 box of vol 1 and 2 from hlj on Tue, got a payment notice late last nigtht and paid through paypal this morning. Hopefully it will be shipped soon. I paid ~$105 shipped for both.

There is guy in hkml (a Chinese model forum) stripped, detailed and repainted a 1S Strike and a 1J. He even built a launch arm for the 1S. It is amazing. If I didn't read the title, I would have thought they are models not repainted toys. Not that I would mod them like he did, but seeing his Valks made me bought both vol 1 and 2. :lol:

Here's the link:

1S Strike with launch arm

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D1

1S WIP

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...2&highlight

1J with platform

He is also making a VE

Nice!

Reminds me of the guy in Japan who kit bashed this toy and the old Imai 4-type into a perfect transformation Valk. Link: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24574

Gerwalk would require not a lot of work and only a tiny bit of custom making to compliment the parts (like hands) Battroid would require a bit more and several as sacrificial for each one. Im sure someone will/has somewhere.

I've done 80% Gerwalk (only will attempt the half gerwalk with arms not retracted as it's my fav part of this mode)

but the worst part was trying to get the legs to bend, as in cutting them up, and make doing with the cut plastic to give it the bend.

I have postponed the mod till later, i will finish it soon soon enough, i used a Roy 1S Strike for this mod.

If i was to mod a full Gerwalk i would use hands off my bandai mission valks or something...

I meant that your frequency posting was a little down and now I am seeing you on the forums more. Maybe because I was down and back again. And when I mean down, I mean less than 6 posts a day.

Ohhhhh.....I was thinking that is what you meant......not really.....but I like to think I know what you are thinking :D

Back to the topic real quick.....

Is there a trick to getting these damn decals off the sheet??? I am having a hell of a time....I can't even get one started off.

:ph34r:

I ordered 1 box of vol 1 and 2 from hlj on Tue, got a payment notice late last nigtht and paid through paypal this morning. Hopefully it will be shipped soon. I paid ~$105 shipped for both.

There is guy in hkml (a Chinese model forum) stripped, detailed and repainted a 1S Strike and a 1J. He even built a launch arm for the 1S. It is amazing. If I didn't read the title, I would have thought they are models not repainted toys. Not that I would mod them like he did, but seeing his Valks made me bought both vol 1 and 2. :lol:

Here's the link:

1S Strike with launch arm

1S WIP

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...2&highlight

1J with platform

He is also making a VE

K I C K ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSE!!! Thankyou thankyou for posting this. :D I WANT.

for a platform, i'm grabbing a couple of these - http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&fr...chpage=top_page

Mechanical Chain Bases. :D I think i decided i am getting only no. 004 and deciding between 001 or 003.

Also this may be of interest for you guys... - http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVOP-435

I'm waiting for them to open it up again, wouldn't it be cool if the pilot figure could fit (with obvious modding)

into the 1/144's... and you could even open up the original 1/144 diecast valks canopy and fit a pilot in there.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I finally got my Series Two boxes in B))

Here is what I got, in order of opening, including exciting down-to-the-minute-RuskiiVFaussie-Christmas-joy-style comments:

Box One:

1) VF-1A Hikaru Super (off to a nice start!)

2) VT-1 (Yes!)

3) VF-1S Minmay Guard (Cool!)

4) VF-1A Hikaru (...OK :))

5) VF-1J Max (Alright!)

6) VF-1S Roy Super (Yeah!)

7) VF-1A Kakizaki (Secret Figure - Ohhh Yeah)

8) VT-1 (Double-Yes!)

9) VF-1A Hikaru Super (More Supers!)

10) VF-1S Roy Super (Even More Supers!)

Good stuff, one box down, and already a full set plus desirable extras...

Box Two

1) VF-1S Roy Super (Wow, yet another!)

2) 1A Super Hikaru (...and yet another!)

3) VT-1 (Cool! 3 VT-1s!)

4) VF-1A Kakizaki (Another secret Valk! Coolness... (more on this))

5) VF-1S Roy Super (...er, OK, Yeah!)

6) VF-1A Super Hikaru (... And yet another, again!)

7) VT-1 (Wow, what's this, number four?!)

8) Minmay Guard (Alright! F*ck Yeah!)

9) VF-1A Hikaru (...Cool)

10) VF-1J Max (Alright, another one to round it out!)

From my first cursory inspection, it does look as if quality control is a little better than last time around. As mentioned earlier in the thread, paint and seamline work seems to be a bit better this time around... However, I still ended up with one of the same problems that I had on the first series: One of my Kakizaki 1As is missing a tailfin! Dammit, why the "secret" figure? Those who have followed this thread and the previous release may remember that I had the same problem with a VF-1J Millia from the first run :mellow: Nonetheless, these are such extremely cool little guys that it really doesn't bother me that much.

As I've mentioned previously, I'll make my extras available here at cost to anyone who wants them. The people who had asked me for them several months back will get first pick of the extras (you guys have PMs). I'll post up the remaining list of available valks soon.

Also, sorry, no pics for now, as my stupid frickin' cardreader has suddenly decided not to read any of my SD cards.

Good win with box 1 Hiriyu! I am hoping series 3 will be more of a draw for me to get because i really did love the

excitement factor in finding out what we got in the box of 10. :D Thanks for doing it in order of finds too! Fun! :D I did the same too with series 1.

Nothing better than finding a full set in the first box! Thanks for the PM mate. You got one. :)

Possible draw for series three will be TV Max and Millia Supers, Roy 1S with no FP's, TV 1A Max, DYRL? Max 1A...

secret Valk? Hope it won't be the VE-1 anyways...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sooooo......does anyone have any helpful hints on how to get the stickers free of the sheets so that I can add a few to my valks??? I am sittin here rackin my brain and nothings coming to mind. I just don't wanna keep messin with the sheet and mess up the decals.

TV Max and Millia w/ FP's and a regular Roy 1S is what I'm wanting the most for the next volume.

I think it'd be great if they'd do Mac 0 and Mac + valks...that would rule!

@ misterryno : Umm...have you tried soaking them in water? You do know they're water slide decals, right? :mellow:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

TV Max and Millia w/ FP's and a regular Roy 1S is what I'm wanting the most for the next volume.

I think it'd be great if they'd do Mac 0 and Mac + valks...that would rule!

@ misterryno : Umm...have you tried soaking them in water? You do know they're water slide decals, right? :mellow:

-Kyp

Yeh a miniture hasegawa quality YF-19 would be awesome. I still love my 1/144 diecast YF-21 heaps though, bendy wings and all. :D Not so in love with the diecast 1/144 YF-19.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

-Kyp

I did not know that. THANKS for the info though. So I just soak them in water for how long??? And then they just go right on???

EDIT ------> I just read how to do so. THANKS AGAIN for the info.

Edited by misterryno

I would be interested in purchasing a Hikaru or Roy super/strike. Someone let me know if you have one you want to let go.

This is what's left of my extras - now up for grab:

VF-1A Hikaru Super = 3

VF-1J Max = 1

Please send me a PM if interested - First come, first serve. These will be sold at my purchasing cost ($5.55ea + Shipping).

Edited by Hiriyu

Kyp,

Good lookin valks there mate. ^_^

I just got around to adding the decals to my Strike Hikky. This was my first experiance with Water Slide decals. I like them alot...I messed up the "UN SPACEY" on the right side of the gun-pod and just now realized that I applied the "UN SPACEY" on both sides upside down. <_< Oooppsss. Eh...no biggie. I still dig this guy. Anyways...to the pics....

CharaStrikeHikky1.jpg

CharaStrikeHikky2.jpg

CharaStrikeHikky3.jpg

CharaStrikeHikky4.jpg

CharaStrikeHikky5.jpg

EDIT------> I CAN'T WAIT.....I'll have my Max and Minmei Guard soon enough...as soon as I get those I'll do up my Milia and display them all. :D

Edited by misterryno

Can anyone help me as to where I can get a full set of Vol 1 & Vol 2? preferably or the random boxes of 10 as long as they are the same price or cheaper than the full sets. (other than HLJ) If I get a case of 10 each, are my chances pretty good at getting a complete set out of that?

Edited by wm cheng

Kyp,

Good lookin valks there mate. ^_^

Thanks man, I'm REALLY proud of my Millia mod that I did, Testor's flat red paint matches Millia's paint scheme well, FYI. Testor's dark blue with a bit of white mixed in matches Max's too. It had a part of the blue paint that had the white underneath showing, so I had to touch it up.

The Millia mod that I did is what Chara-Works SHOULD have done with the Hikaru and Millia in the first place. I think they realized this and that's why you see Max in Vol. 2 without all that ridiculous ordinance and movable wings.

I think that if they knew better the first time around, they would have made Millia and Hikaru's 1J like that to begin with.

I want a cannon fodder Vol. 1 and after that, I want Roy's plain 1S and VF-1D and that will do me for the Macross Valks. I want to see Mac 0 and Mac + done too, it would be AWESOME!!!

*Edit* Thanks for the info, Vifam7. :)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Can anyone help me as to where I can get a full set of Vol 1 & Vol 2? preferably or the random boxes of 10 as long as they are the same price or cheaper than the full sets. (other than HLJ) If I get a case of 10 each, are my chances pretty good at getting a complete set out of that?

I think that your only recourse is either Ebay, or BBTS. You should have pretty decent chances of pulling a whole set from a box of ten; if not, I'm certain that folks here wil help you trade/obtain what you need.

Thanks man, I'm REALLY proud of my Millia mod that I did, Testor's flat red paint matches Millia's paint scheme well, FYI. Testor's dark blue with a bit of white mixed in matches Max's too. It had a part of the blue paint that had the white underneath showing, so I had to touch it up.

That is definetly a good thing too know. My Milia has some weird buildup of glue or something on the closure for the front landing gear so I'm gonna need to buffer it off and then touch it up. THANKS for the info. :D

The Millia mod that I did is what Chara-Works SHOULD have done with the Hikaru and Millia in the first place. I think they realized this and that's why you see Max in Vol. 2 without all that ridiculous ordinance and movable wings.

I think that if they knew better the first time around, they would have made Millia and Hikaru's 1J like that to begin with.

-Kyp

This I TOTALLY agree with you on. GREAT JOB on those BTW!!! If/when they make the M&M w/Booby Ducks. I will for sure be getting those.

BIG THANKS too 007-vf1...I just received 2 more Charas in the mail and I did'nt even think about this before hand...but, why does Max not have any missiles??? Yet...they made Milia with missiles. Why??? That's dumb. <_<

But....the Minmei Guard KICKS A$$!!!

Got a full set of these excluding the secret from a local retailer. Paintwork is much better than the first series, Super Ostrich is really something!

I'm quite happy the Max doesn't have the reaction missiles though. Doesn't looks quite right without fast packs. :)

I wonder if there'll be a series 3? Hopefully Max and Miria supers, a super elint... though I can't think of what else could be included in the series. Low Vis colors would rock though! Enigma or stealth/black colors?

Got a full set of these excluding the secret from a local retailer. Paintwork is much better than the first series, Super Ostrich is really something!

I'm quite happy the Max doesn't have the reaction missiles though. Doesn't looks quite right without fast packs. :)

I wonder if there'll be a series 3? Hopefully Max and Miria supers, a super elint... though I can't think of what else could be included in the series. Low Vis colors would rock though! Enigma or stealth/black colors?

I'm hoping they will come out with a Millia and Hikaru 1J that's like Max later on. I want a Roy 1S that's plain with movable wings as well as a Max and Millia TV Super. I'd also like to see some non-cannon schemes too.

-Kyp

I'm hoping they will come out with a Millia and Hikaru 1J that's like Max later on. I want a Roy 1S that's plain with movable wings as well as a Max and Millia TV Super. I'd also like to see some non-cannon schemes too.

-Kyp

I figure when/if the M&M Supers come out I will go ahead and discard the non-supers.

As mentioned earlier I received my Minmei Guard & Max Chara's in the mail today and tonight I had the oppertunity to apply the decals. I have said it before and I will say it again. I LOVE the WaterSlide Decals. They are the BOMB!!! I have actually thought of leaving the "missile box" off to give the decals full justice. Anyways.....too the pics......enjoy...... ^_^

CharaMG1.jpg

CharaMG2.jpg

CharaMG3.jpg

CharaMG4.jpg

CharaMG5.jpg

CharaMG6.jpg

CharaMG7.jpg

Thanks Ryno! That looks great! I hope to find time to apply my decals too!

THANKS ^_^ I've become progressivly better at applying decals now. I am happy with this.

They look great! I'm glad that people are taking the time to eliminate the seams and touching them up.

I'm also happy that they went with waterslide decals instead of stickers - a little harder to put on, but looks so much better. Definitely worth the effort.

Through all the great work on this thread here, its convinced me to order up a set of my own - thanks! Wonderful little gems! I think they can look pretty wonderful with minimal effort. I'd like to see if I can miniaturize my Hasegawa decal set to 1/144 and print them with our colour laser - they mostly go on white surfaces anyways. I might be crazy enough to decal all the "NO STEP" stenciling onto one of these little birds!