The new 1/144 scale Valks by Popy

chowyunskinny

Compare with other 1/144 jets, how tiny the VF is!

It's not that small. Its only about half a meter shorter than F-16, I would have also said Mig-29, as the length I knew for it was 14.5 meters a few years back, now I see its stated as 17 meters like F-18 (the Mig 29 that is). And VF-1 fills the same role as F-16. VF-19 is like F-15 or Sukhoi-27/33.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked some up in Tokyo while I was there this last week.

Ther are some QC niggles but nothing to wory about too much (on mine anyway). I only found one place in Shinjuku that had them and then only some of them, All the usual suspects in AKi and Nakano were out including the back street off the main track shops including one that stocks Chara Works and F Toy products almost exclusively.

The real bumber is that I didnt get all of em. I meant to go back before leaving, despite staying in the Kieo Plaza only a couple of hunderd yards from the shop and passing it twice aday, I was just too busy. Oh well theres alway next time :)

Edited by big F

Picked some up in Tokyo while I was there this last week.

Ther are some QC niggles but nothing to wory about too much (on mine anyway). I only found one place in Shinjuku that had them and then only some of them, All the usual suspects in AKi and Nakano were out including the back street off the main track shops including one that stocks Chara Works and F Toy products almost exclusively.

The real bumber is that I didnt get all of em. I meant to go back before leaving, despite staying in the Kieo Plaza only a couple of hunderd yards from the shop and passing it twice aday, I was just too busy. Oh well theres alway next time :)

So what ones did you get Big F? Did you buy a box or only a few? :-)

• 1 month later...

Series 2 i want Enemy Mecha. Q-Rau Green and Red, Glaug, Fighter Pod (PLEASE!!!) Zentran power armour, possibly a

Zentran scout ship... what else? lol Of course Regults! Destroids would be an obvious next line.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So what ones did you get Big F? Did you buy a box or only a few? :-)

I got a CF a green one and a Hikaru, at least I got the chase figure. I gave the Hikaru to my brother but Hopefully I can get another one some day.

I really hate this limmited release stuff they come out and every body buys up multipul sets just to hock em on eBay for stupid money.

lol. Yeah they sold out fast didn't they, but seriously for the money and the thrill factor you get from

opening 10 or so boxes and collecting a full set is seriously worth the money. Your right, ppl that get the full sets

and hock them for triple or more the value, are sad, but who is going to stop them... a full set is a full set.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

For the benefit of others, where did you find them?

I found them in an Anime Shop in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

They only brought in one box of 10 (Is it 10?) and I bought 6.. a friend of mine picked up one and scored the Strike Focker on his first try! Curses... :lol:

wait... lol your a Queenslander????? mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So which shop in brizzy? I might have to check this shop out next time i go to Brisbane...

Yeah...he's got the same disease as you. :lol:

heh, the shop he got it from was called Azone. Tell me if the prices are good ruskii!

Azone eyyyyyyyy, there used to be a shop in Fortitude valley called Freeze Frame i think, but they moved to Sydney.

I bought some of my first Macross stuff from there when i was a kid, mostly Macross + Soundtracks!

Wonder if they got a website....

• 1 month later...

it looks promising, but so did series 1.

weren't these things riddled with problems?

1. mystery packaging so you don't know what you're buying

2. no guarantee you get all of them even if you buy an entire case

3. chase figure gayness...maybe its in there, maybe it isn't.

1+2+3 = none of my money

From what I understand, it was like a 90% chance you'd get the chase if you bought a full box... it really wasn't much of a chase. Price wasn't bad either, i think I paid like $35 for the whole set from someone who made sets by opening the boxes so there was no worry about getting them all. There were some build issues but my entire set was good but for the price, I would kinda expect some build issues. All-in-all, they're decent enough. I will buy a series 2, and this one looks to have a VT-1 and a minmay act, that's pretty cool!