What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

That why everytime somebody brings that up I scratch my head.

They bring it up because it's a valid and it has it's usage. Especially since it wouldn't waste 1/10 of 1% of the material a cnc router/cutter does. B)) It would be sweet if some one was able to figure out how to set-up the two systems so that the printer could print the design and the router could apply the 'finish' it.

I just got my Schwere Kampf Laufer also known as the Gunther from dust.

Overall the kit loofs really good for being based on a graphic novel. I can see a few things to do though to enhance the detail. Weld beads, replacing the smoke dischargers with the brass ones from one of the newer DML releases( i have a few lying around) Adding better tools to it and giving the interior some detail. The doors and engine compartment can be posed open so i may want to do the vehicle at rest with some mechaincs or crew tinkering.

You can still order them for 40 dollars, this includes shipping from www.dustgame.com

Just received a new kit in the mail on friday : a recast of the Winterfest 1/72 Glaug. Crisp detail, nice panel lines and a big piece of chunk. Although not really correct in scale according to John (which I believe :lol: ). But it's a nice kit to build a Marauder

all pieces : [attachmentid=41461]

In regard to the T-Hawk : [attachmentid=41462]

Cockpit :[attachmentid=41463] [attachmentid=41464]

post-2689-1174810963_thumb.jpg

post-2689-1174811009_thumb.jpg

post-2689-1174811043_thumb.jpg

post-2689-1174811054_thumb.jpg

Off the bench. Revell 1/144 S-37.

I was whining in the 'flat clear coat' thread about how I stuffed the Tamiya base + Future. Looks like didn't mix it thoroughly and came out like white mist that stayed opaque... Anyway, pics turned out ok in the end.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here's another one I was messing around with. I finished this dio a few months ago but took my time taking pics. I'm keen to have another go once I reinstall photoshop. The current changes were using MS Photo Manager (or whatever it's called).

I wanted to depict a forced landing due to mechanical fault rather than the more 'glamorous' shoot-down. The aircraft suffered an oil pump failure or some such thing, then threw a piston out through the head. After surviving the crash landing in eastern France the pilot is doing the dash for friendly lines, the Germans are in hot pursuit.

I've taken a lot more with better perspective (ie. taken at ground level) but I am going to photochop in a background first.

Comments, pointers are appreciated. :D

Mark

IPB Image

Edited by cowie165

lol, fair call gents. The 1/72 Spitfire was for a group build a few years ago that I only recently finished (Brett you remember the Kraplakistan thing?) and the 1/144 is a practice so I do an honest job on the Arii 1/100 Valks on my shelf. Still have to finish a 1/144 MiG 1.44 and maybe that annoying Su-22M.

And then off to Macross bliss!

Cheers for the kind words lads

Very nicely done cowie165. It's just sad to see everyone building the prototype version of the Berkut. There's one thing that bugs me about your Spitfire diorama. The sockets of the soldier figures. Cut it off, cut it off ! :p

On my Bench at the moment:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Cowie, that's alright. Get all your bad work out on the non-macross kits. They're cheaper!

TSP, somebody's been VERY busy. You doin' some magazine spreads? - MT

Very nicely done cowie165. It's just sad to see everyone building the prototype version of the Berkut. There's one thing that bugs me about your Spitfire diorama. The sockets of the soldier figures. Cut it off, cut it off ! :p

What do you mean by prototype? I didn't realise there was a production version - didn't think Sukhoi made it that far.

Hey good advice on the soldiers. I'll see about a little Exacto surgery and insert pins into the feet with the pin vise. I'll report back :) ...

And could you share more detail on what you're working on? I didn't recognise anything there... :unsure: I need to watch more anime!

lol, fair call gents. The 1/72 Spitfire was for a group build a few years ago that I only recently finished (Brett you remember the Kraplakistan thing?) and the 1/144 is a practice so I do an honest job on the Arii 1/100 Valks on my shelf. Still have to finish a 1/144 MiG 1.44 and maybe that annoying Su-22M.

And then off to Macross bliss!

Cheers for the kind words lads

LOL Cowie I'm not ragging on you for bringing non Macross to the thread, just that I know you have more goodies stashed away and want to see what you come up with :)

That Kraplikistan group build was some funny stuff.

What do you mean by prototype? I didn't realise there was a production version - didn't think Sukhoi made it that far.

No production model...unfortunately. But a lot of "what if" color schemes.

And could you share more detail on what you're working on? I didn't recognise anything there... :unsure: I need to watch more anime!

The first three pictures show an imperial Star Destroyer, Ebon Hawk kinda transporter and a Corelian Gunship from Star Wars which I'm currently working on for a friend.

In the second row we have a Priss from Bubblegum Crisis. She'll be riding a 1/24 Highway Star motorbike.

Big O from the animation The Big O.

Some palms for Tracy Island from the British marionette show Thunderbirds.

A Mobile Suit from Gundam0080: War in the pocket. I was trying a new camouflage pattern on this one since last year. The paint job is still not finished yet.

The last picture show a 1/72 X-02 Wyvern (Kangnam Flanker) from the Playstation game Ace Combat.

TSP, somebody's been VERY busy. You doin' some magazine spreads? - MT

No, trying to get some model kits finished. Some of these things were started few years ago. The other stuff are just for a change.

Edited by TSP

This is what the palms are for.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

F-A-B Scott! :D

Boy o boy. When I was a kid I used to drag myself out of bed at 6am on a Saturday just to watch International Rescue! But I never did like Penelope...

Your folding palms for Thunderbird 2 look great! Wow, what a cool flashback.

Re: prototype S-37: I was (am) in such a hurry to finish 'practicing' on 1/144 kits the thought of a splinter scheme was just beyond contemplation :)

Mark

AAhaa! Now I see. The palms with the coin looked like a magazine article photo, "get more for your money on vacation." :) . That must be a small scale kit! - MT

Completed! Mars Battle Tomahawk! TV episode 7! :D One of my favorite battles! I worked on the legs for 3 weeks. Gah! that was freaking hard! :p

[attachmentid=41785][attachmentid=41784][attachmentid=41783][attachmentid=41782][attachmentid=41781][attachmentid=41780][attachmentid=41786]

give me your thoughts!!

Ranger565

post-1578-1175925849_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925874_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925893_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925901_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925909_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925917_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1175925921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger565

Completed! Mars Battle Tomahawk! TV episode 7! :D One of my favorite battles! I worked on the legs for 3 weeks. Gah! that was freaking hard! :p

[attachmentid=41785][attachmentid=41784][attachmentid=41783][attachmentid=41782][attachmentid=41781][attachmentid=41780][attachmentid=41786]

give me your thoughts!!

Ranger565

Awesome, long live the Destroids!!!

give me your thoughts!!

Ranger565

Nice

I like the red dust on the feet and lower legs.

Carl that looks great! Could you share a little on the battle damage please?

My Tomahawk had battle damage too, I had a little posted note in the box saying that John had made some bits battle damaged to add realisum mine has a large dent in one of the shoulder missile banks kinda like it took a hit when they were closed. A nice touch I think seeing as how I wasnt going to give it a showroom paint job anyhow.