What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

In the sixth picture from teh left, what's the white thing next to the jahoobular figure?

Great stuff Sean! That's a nice workspace.

Is that a little George Lucas THX homage I see on the readout screen in your MaK dio? ^_^

Nice pics Your work area looks great I wish mine was half as big and light and airy.

What scale is the Dalek and whos it by ?

I glad to se you have almost as many works in progress as me.

Hey thanks for posting, that is such an awesome workspace! Man you are a building fool! Looks like you're about out of space. I bought some really cool display cases for cheap and my tiny collection of built models looks absolutely pathetic sitting inside of them.

In the sixth picture from teh left, what's the white thing next to the jahoobular figure?

It looks like a WH40K primed Terminator standing in front of a primed Tyranid.

It looks like a WH40K primed Terminator standing in front of a primed Tyranid.

BINGO! Give the man a cookie. Or a ride to wonderfest.

Its a venerable terminator in front of a carnifex to be exact.

Edited by HWR MKII

i believe "venerable dreadnaught/nought" is what he meant.

Actually yes. I dont play the game i just build the things :D

Also im suprised noone noticed the Innitech mug on my desk. Yeah........Hmmmm......

Edited by HWR MKII

Wow! Very nice models have gathered around these days.

@Honneamise. Matsumoto Castle looks great. Almost like from postcards.

Also im suprised noone noticed the Innitech mug on my desk. Yeah........Hmmmm......

What's so special about Initech mugs ? I don't think it is more interesting than everything else in the room.

Yeah...I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday...

...but I have people skills!....

Office Space is awesome, unfortunately, I don't need a mug to remind me, I live in that world every day. Eerily, horrifyingly reminiscent of my daily grind, with subtle differences, I get yelled at for filling out my TPC(TPS) report wrong, the copy/fax machine outside the door to my cubicle has been broken for the last two months and I get tech support questions from old goofballs trying to be cute every day.

Lemme stop that before I really get into a rant.

Anyhow, initech mug = cool , 1/72 monster = Teh Uber, and like they said, there is a lot of interesting stuff scattered around that place :)

As if I didn't have enough work to do before Wonderfest, I decided to take on another kit, in hope of finishing it in time for the show...

The kit is the 1/5000 Jotunheim, a flagship from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, produced by Alba Create.

It's a simple kit with a mere 6 parts, and it went together pretty well. Except one of the nacelles that didn't go on quite square, so I've pulled it off, and I'm now working on shimming it up for attempt #2.

Also in the pic is one of my new modeling chisels from Mineshima, which I'm totally loving. And the resin piece behind it is from my top-secret scratchbuild that I hope to have done for Wonderfest also :)

post-50-1178225813_thumb.jpg

Those look great!

One question: The suit with the two techs.: How exactly does the pilot see out of that thing? (Also, do they screen the prospective pilots for claustrophobia? :p)

~Luke

It was a little experiment, instead of spraypainting the preshading I washed with dark grey paint to bring out all the details. After that I used thinned yellow (ratio of 1 part paint to 4 parts thinner) and layed on layer after layer. Then I used the trick that HWR spearheaded with dark grey chipping (credits to Sean for that one :) ). Then I added some flesh colored streaks and thouch ups and gave it a wash...

Time consuming, but worth the effort

Digging the Tomahawk!

Valkyrie, you really gonna finish those things?! I'm still waiting to see the ground support vehicles :D . - MT