What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

I finished this, I got sick of my Tau battlesuits not having any pilot's so this was the end result. I built one the same a while ago but sold it so this is my new commander for my army. It's all hand painted, the only decals are on the inside of the cockpit. I used the F-14 squadron "Ghostriders" for the insignia on the shield and back.

post-5632-1203735471_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1203735330_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1203735173_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=49942:15.JPG]post-5632-1203734910_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1203734658_thumb.jpg

post-5632-1203735040_thumb.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

You guys have been busy. A chick with an M-60, Custom armor, and one of the newer Tamiya R/C Tanks?

I finished the A5 to A6 upgrade on my Leopard.post-2518-1203766627_thumb.jpg post-2518-1203766652_thumb.jpg The thermal sleeve connector towards the front of the barrel is a little thick, but I took a shortcut and used a segment of PS tubing that fit snug after some work. The paint is a little darker towards the front, but oh well. It's just for driving around the house and fighting with my children's tanks! - MT

Well, I finally did some modeling/machining today. When I get the time (and my Votoms books) from HLJ, BeNippon, I'm getting to work on my Bandai 1/20 Scope Dog RSC. It is an awesome kit and hyper articulated. I thought I'd upgrade it with better armament and details like photo etch and spring hoses. I remade the main camera "eye" from an old aluminum Tamiya gear. post-2518-1203802336_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1203802358_thumb.jpg

The machine gun will have an upgraded longer barreled cannon, with a fancy muzzle brake I made up from an old piece of R/C car shock absorber. post-2518-1203802652_thumb.jpg (note the 45 degree angled exhaust) post-2518-1203802711_thumb.jpg The barrel is a Lion Roar Pak42 L/70 barrel (for a Jagdpanther funny enough HWR). For years I've had the Tamiya 1/35th scale 75mm brass ammo just waiting to be used. In 1/20th scale it looks like it's 35/40mm ammo so it's perfect. A few spent "rounds" on the model base will look more convincing. A couple on top of some magazine would be cool too.

post-2518-1203802475_thumb.jpg

Well, I finally did some modeling/machining today. When I get the time (and my Votoms books) from HLJ, BeNippon, I'm getting to work on my Bandai 1/20 Scope Dog RSC. It is an awesome kit and hyper articulated. I thought I'd upgrade it with better armament and details like photo etch and spring hoses. I remade the main camera "eye" from an old aluminum Tamiya gear. post-2518-1203802336_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1203802358_thumb.jpg

The machine gun will have an upgraded longer barreled cannon, with a fancy muzzle brake I made up from an old piece of R/C car shock absorber. post-2518-1203802652_thumb.jpg (note the 45 degree angled exhaust) post-2518-1203802711_thumb.jpg The barrel is a Lion Roar Pak42 L/70 barrel (for a Jagdpanther funny enough HWR). For years I've had the Tamiya 1/35th scale 75mm brass ammo just waiting to be used. In 1/20th scale it looks like it's 35/40mm ammo so it's perfect. A few spent "rounds" on the model base will look more convincing. A couple on top of some magazine would be cool too.

Have you seen the stuff Alder's Nest is making? Stunning stuff.

Here's my latest progress on my GMK Godzilla. I'm almost there, I just need to feather in the claws and add some wash to blend the teeth into the gums better. This version has no pupils for the eyes, but I'm working on getting them to be a little more pearlescent. I used oil paints for the teeth and claws, and it is taking forever to dry. :wacko:

post-6299-1204292089_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1204292242_thumb.jpg

Edited by ce25254

My GBP continues... washes pretty much done, still need to do missiles, and a bit more weathering.

That is one awesome pic! The figure crouched on the shoulder gives it a sense of scale. That and the weathering really make the pic.

My GBP continues... washes pretty much done, still need to do missiles, and a bit more weathering.

washed_2.jpg

OKOK NOW what I would love to know is HOW in the heck you do the lights on the legs? That silver with white to bring it out? Thats beautiful!

They've got super-bright LED's mounted in them. The conversion is really simple, and I've got a full step-by-step in my progress thread. The only tricky part is applying the silver foil to the back of the lenses. Looks ace in the display case (which has a centre-mounted spotlight in the top so the legs remain mostly dark, showing off the light. Will try to grab a pic tonight.

here's a little something for the Batman fans ^_^

MICRO_TUMBLER_by_ARMAMENTFACTORY.jpg

scratchbuildery during slow days at work. it's not 100% accurate, but very close.

it's got spinning wheels too ;)

Be sure you paint the outer rim of the rear wheels silver. On the real thing they are chrome. The spokes are matt black and all the lug nuts on teh wheels are silver.

I see so many tumbler builds look off because the builders just slap black on the things, gloss the windows and call it done. Theres alot of varation on the tumbler. Just google search it and youll find alot of good pics ahowing this.

hmm i guess theres a few who remembers me... im the one who did the fanmodel of SDF-1 from memory (poor painted) lol

well on my workbench atm is a emty space...

u ask why?

i will tell you!

im waiting for my very first, my very own......

Variable Fighter YAY!!!! i have never owned or held/been close to a Macross "toy" lol (too expensive to play with xD)

well HLJ just shipped it 5 days ago so im expectin it on my doorstep very soon :D

Yamato VF-1J my very favorite of all Macross mecha....

i have been taking "painting lessons" from one of my old pals hes one heck of a model painter especially on Warhammer 40K

well and i have also made plans to redo the paint or mayb even make a new SDF-1 model!! (a well thought through model this time xD)

with pro materials and such... i have faith in my ability lol...

well thats my very near future plans in model building/painting.....

Happy Macross to you all!!

oh and what u see on the pictures are still a work in progress!!

post-7048-1204848978_thumb.jpg

post-7048-1204849030_thumb.jpg

How small are those parts? If they are as small as I think, you can heat some plastic sprues and stretch them out. The long strands can be cut and you get easy antennae. They also taper out naturally so they look like antennae. Real easy to do. Great work overall! - MT

never thought of that.... thx for the idea... (now i have to strip every part of the models.... again >.<)

JK!

but great info on the antenna art.... gotta start using that...

as for the sizes i have taken a picture that will show you!!

Behold!!!!

post-7048-1204891026_thumb.jpg

Nausica: With the yamato, check my customising thread for some tips, especially involving the canopy. Other than that, you need to use a dremel / rotary grinder on a few joints to get clearance for the paintwork. I've transformed mine maybe half a dozen times now and have minimal wear - mostly from my long fingernails. Remember to use a good clear coat (future!) to seal paintwork and decals, and again after weathering, then a flat coat and it'll be remarkably durable. I'd strongly advise against hand painting - use an airbrush, the plastic is fairly textured and will look odd if your paint finish isn't even.