What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Thanks ML

i would have used a buffable metalizer on that naboo ship, You could get a more scale look on it.

Now i have to be patient, I have another destroid on the wayt from John AND a 3 foot long Super Star Destroyer :)

A 3ft long SSD? I'd love to see that. I've got a 2ft ISD on hand it looks impressive. But a 3ft long SSD? Yummy! Show pics once you've got progress, plz!

Edit to add: Just so it's known, the ISD I have isn't built by me. I don't have that level of skill. It was scratchbuilt by someone for me. I won't claim work / credit for myself :p

Edited by Warmaker

Hi guys I´ve been confined to my workbench for far too long so I did not manage to build stuff other than these two:

[attachmentid=42146]

That´s the one that is on sale over at the SSM Shop. Next one will be this one, John already posted this pic on his site. Both are 1/72

[attachmentid=42147]

Almost forgot I DID build something different in my sunday spare time - not yet finished but only a little bridge and some trees are missing. This is Matsumoto Castle in 1/350, kit by Doyusha, almost out of the box. That was fun - no big conversions, good fit despite the ages-old mold, really just glue and paint!

[attachmentid=42148]

I hope to get back to some Macross stuff soon!

post-2845-1177335637_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1177335955_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1177336736_thumb.jpg

Done!

Kyle that looks flawless. What a great job!

How did you weather the paint? The surface looks a little faded like it has been in service a few years. Did you mist on a coat of white or did the flat coat itself do the trick??

Mark

Kyle that looks flawless. What a great job!

How did you weather the paint? The surface looks a little faded like it has been in service a few years. Did you mist on a coat of white or did the flat coat itself do the trick??

Mark

One of the final steps is to go over the model with a very soft round mop brush loaded with some white pastel chalk. Brings out the highlights and softens things a bit. It's one of the last steps because, for what ever reason, you can't seal white pastel. It just disapears.

Actually thats the ertl AT-AT :D Means im doing something right if it looks bigger than most think.

Ertl? Wow never thought you´d build something that small :D <but of course it looks like 1/35 if you get your hands on it! Great build and really cool weathering effects - you corrected the "face-plate" didn´t you? I remember there are some incorrect angles on the front panels....

The Falke looks awesome Kylwell. You FINALLY finished it! With a spare engine too. That'll usually get you brownie points with the judges. The stands and other details really make it look more realistic! Congrats! - MT

Ertl? Wow never thought you´d build something that small :D <but of course it looks like 1/35 if you get your hands on it! Great build and really cool weathering effects - you corrected the "face-plate" didn´t you? I remember there are some incorrect angles on the front panels....

Actually the ertl kit is dimensionally correct.

One of the final steps is to go over the model with a very soft round mop brush loaded with some white pastel chalk. Brings out the highlights and softens things a bit. It's one of the last steps because, for what ever reason, you can't seal white pastel. It just disapears.

Excellent tip, thanks very much :)

And now on to the weathering :D

All 3 of Johns destroids and the MONSTER will be invading the tables at WF, Gundam watch out :D

Oh no more pictures to look at :D

I do hope John has one left for me... Darn pay dates always at the end of the month :angry:

Defender and Phalanx Very early stages. and experimenting with decals ( destroid kite) I plan on making some Kill marks and other things. I have made them before, just lost all of my work :(

But here is a preview of whats lying around on the bench! Or table or The place my girlfriend keeps telling me to move them before they get knocked off! :D

Ranger565

[attachmentid=42236][attachmentid=42237][attachmentid=42238][attachmentid=42239][attachmentid=42240]

post-1578-1177576354_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1177576376_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1177576384_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1177576399_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1177576419_thumb.jpg

Floquil SP Armor Yellow for the Defender and Floquil Depot Buff for the Phalanx.

Hmm, how come they look so green, like olive drab? Is that just the photo?

Hmm, how come they look so green, like olive drab? Is that just the photo?

Does it really look green? Humm must be the photo. The Phalanx is painted a sand/tan color. Ok will take better pics soon. once I get working on them. you will see it better. I think it looks just like it does on the TV show.

I'm seeing the colors correctly. They look good too. Smooth finish. You know, the funny part is my wife keeps using my workbench (it's really a workbench) and puts stuff on it. I keep telling her to get stuff off it. Sounds like it's time to invest in a workbench! :D - MT

Floquil SP Armor Yellow for the Defender and Floquil Depot Buff for the Phalanx.

Blue on My Phalanx. Its the one seen on the SDF hull before the final battle, XF-60 dark yellow for the tomahawk and Khaki for the Defender.

Waaaaay back when the Air Force was going into space they released some pictures of comflauged space suits. I think it was in PopSci but all I remember was a 3 tone gray splinter scheme.

So, that's what I did my Prawn in.

IPB Image

first on my list is a huge kitbash of the Bandai and Coreworks Strike Freedom, I am useing the Wings and weapons as well as a few other parts from the MG Strike Freedom, I will also be useing some parts from the Neograde Strike Freedom Evolve and some diecast boosters from AKO Hobby

IPB Image

second is a MG Crossbone Gundam X-2, i am useing a few parts form the Coreworks kit as well as the X Boosters on the back from Neograde, diescast boosters from Mechaskunk and Akohobby are also on this kit. I made a custom lance for it useing a lance that Mechaskunk had up for the Gyan, it is very similar to the one the X-2 has i added custom decals as well as a few parts from the EX-S to it to make it stand out.i have to take some new pics i hate the fact that the camera picks up dust but i for some reason cannot see any at all.

IPB Image

the unfinished lance (need to take better picture off so you can see the detail and no dust)

IPB Image

third is the Saviour Gundam kitbash, i am useing the 1/100 HG kit, the MG Strike Freedom, the Neograde Strike Freedom Evolve and some other parts to be determind as i go along. i think it will look good in the end it still has alot more work that needs to be done on it (mainly the chest) and it is only about 10% done. it is much more poseable then before and already far more sleeker

IPB Image

chris

That's awesome dude, while I've never gotten into Ma.K I think it's cool cuz it looks like very plausible/believable Sci-Fi.

Great Job!

Hey I wanna see a pic of your room with all your models on display.

Hey I wanna see a pic of your room with all your models on display.

Right now the place looks like a war zone since im in WF gear up mode. Its not every day ones wife agrees to give him 21 days of uninterrupted modeling time if needed.

Once its organized again ill take some pics but it isnt forseeable in the near future.

Thugh it may help my construction efforts if i did clean the place up a bit.

Well Grayson asked for it so here it is. I put 2 of my WF entries on hold for this man so i hope you like it.

Cleaned up the hobby room, cleaned off the desk and arranged the strategic styrene reserve in the closet.

This is a rare opportunity to see my NEW workspace since i move back from england. Its also a rare moment to see my work desk clean.

Yes that is a 1/48 Millennium falcon on the closet floor. The box by the bird of prey is Urethane foam and yes i think i have too much to build.

post-2293-1177984284_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984311_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984336_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984352_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984369_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984386_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984404_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984423_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984444_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984460_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984476_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1177984501_thumb.jpg