Did I screw up?

Kyp Durron

But since they have come out with the VF-0's and now the YF-19 (And of course the VF-21 will follow) does this mean they will be sticking to 1/60's or are they still going to make new 1/48's?

Let me preface by saying, nobody really knows what Yamato might do in the coming years. As it is, 1/60 was just too small a scale to do a good VF-1. That said, 1/60 is an excellent scale to do MANY other Macross mechs (like we've seen with the Zero and the upcoming 19). Yamato will probably still make some smaller items in 1/48 scale (like new VF-1s and VF-1 accessories... and who knows what else) but the 1/60 seems like the scale for pretty much everything not VF-1.

Let me preface by saying, nobody really knows what Yamato might do in the coming years. As it is, 1/60 was just too small a scale to do a good VF-1. That said, 1/60 is an excellent scale to do MANY other Macross mechs (like we've seen with the Zero and the upcoming 19). Yamato will probably still make some smaller items in 1/48 scale (like new VF-1s and VF-1 accessories... and who knows what else) but the 1/60 seems like the scale for pretty much everything not VF-1.

Ahh...I see. 1/48 for VF-1's and 1/60 for things like the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0's, etc.

Thanks for the info...this forum has allowed me to learn much in a short while, and I am still learning. ;)

-Kyp

Ahh...I see. 1/48 for VF-1's and 1/60 for things like the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0's, etc.

Thanks for the info...this forum has allowed me to learn much in a short while, and I am still learning. ;)

-Kyp

1/48 for similarly spec'ed valkyries is my guess. This would include the VF-4, VF-9, and VF-3000 if they would ever make these. Basically, I think they will scale to be about 1 foot tall.

vinnie

OK, I got the VF-0S in today and of course, it's awesome, it just suffers from the "floppy" syndrome... :rolleyes:

I won't be transforming it because of this, so I was thinking about using some hot glue in some strategic locations to make it like it should be in fighter mode. :p

I know that you can remove the glue and it doesn't melt the plastic or hurt anything. And because of this, it shouldn't hurt it's value any. What do you guys think?

I think I will wait for some future VF-0's like the VF-0A that supposedly fixes these issues.

Man, I just sent my 25% deposit for the YF-19, I hope I don't have to deal with these issues with this.

By the way, nothing was bent or broken at all and the box that it came in was mint.

-Kyp

dnd:

Here's another 1/60 supporter. Mainly because they are cheaper, I'll admit. But I also really dig their size and proportions. Only real downer, as I've said before, is the look of their legs. The rest is great in my very humble opinion. I don't mind the lack of a perfect transformation system.

But, well... seems like it's one of them endless debates. The original poster has already made up his mind and that's perfectly fine!