Bandai SOC - Evangelion

I just got the 4 eva released by bandai in the SOC collection (thanks to VE and eBay) and that's simple :

With the 1/48 Yammies they are the most incredible toys i've seen this year ! Sadly i've got no way to take&post pics of the beasts. For those who don't see what i am talking about take a look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3148365886

They simply overcome in quality, posability the kaiyodo ones (which were IMO the best eva's toys ever made until i get the soc) ie the upper&lower part helmet of the eva2 can move in order to show the 4 eyes of the eva (in berserk mode) that's a GREAT detail.

Now i come to the point of the topic :

Is anyone know if bandai plan to make other Evangelion's stuff in the SOC collection ? I just wanna know if the eva 3 & 4 (kaiyodo's style) or angels are planned. I googled "soul of chogokin"+"Evangelion" but i found nothing about futur release. Anyone can help ?

This thread will probably be moved soon...

Anyway, nothing wrong about the designs - all very cool. But for once (OK, ok, not just "once"!) Bandai has allowed QC to slip a little on these babies. There have been reports of uneven paint jobs on some EVAs and quite a lot of folks recieved theirs with a split on the shins. Hope your's are relatively unscathed! :-)

Edited by drifand

$95?! I just bought one for $42. Jeez.

Anyway, nothing has been announced re: new SOC EVAs, but I'm willing to bet that Bandai will make a SOC EVA-03 in the future. As for an EVA-04 or the mass production units... the SOC EVAs have been selling very well, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

more-evas.jpg

Edited by Arm

This thread will probably be moved soon...

Anyway, nothing wrong about the designs - all very cool. But for once (OK, ok, not just "once"!) Bandai has allowed QC to slip a little on these babies. There have been reports of uneven paint jobs on some EVAs and quite a lot of folks recieved theirs with a split on the shins. Hope your's are relatively unscathed! :-)

It seems that i've been lucky with mine, nothing like that to report.

I think as far as SOC is concern, thats it for evangelion. The next three SOCs will be from the Getter line.

Sad, so no more evangelion related.

By the way shouldn't this be in the "other anime or science fiction" area?

Oups, sorry, my fault ! Please forgive the lill' mistake, mods could you please move it.

$95?!  I just bought one for $42.  Jeez.

$95 for 2 Evas. The shipping is a killer though. I just got one for 42 shipped...

They are more expensive in france, something like 60 € (due probably to custom fee, seller's benefits, etc...) and as the €uro is quite strong those days

CNN MONEY CURRENCY CONVERTER RESULTS

Friday, October 10, 2003

1 US Dollar = 0.85 Euro

1 Euro (EUR) = 1.17 US Dollar (USD)

(even if it is not such a good thing in from political point) it was a good deal (delivederd in 4days).

Edited by TheFrenchOne

Uhmm, I like EVA and EVA-toys alot and all, but....

why is this thread in here instead of in the Other-forum?

--treatment--

i know, i've made a mistake "mea culpa maxima". I am in an other sleepless night, it is 7 AM in france and i haven't sleep. Be gentle and forgive me for that.

Edited by TheFrenchOne

I received the eva00 yellow today :))

Here s a pict of the 4 evas :), i ve just taken it

I will send probably better pict this weekend, with a general review of the 4.

post-26-1066331914_thumb.jpg

i have a question for the eva people.

what is up with some of the weapons these evas come with? my EOE 02 came with what looks like a psg-1 or something, it is a gigantic version of a real gun, and a freind of mine has the eva -01 with some kind of weird "eva sword" i dont' remember these things in the movie or show,

the EOE 06 i got (the one with out wings) came with some weird blades for each hand, and a pair of special forces knives, since the 06 and company only showed up in the movie, and only carried the large double ended sword thing,

what prompted them to release these other weird weapons?

normaly i wouldn't bring something like this up, its just odd, since the eva's were only used to fight the angels (and some military guys in EOE) it seemed like we got to see the eva's every time they were used, so giving them weapons that never showed up in the show or movie seems odd to me. any imput?

Man, I want that huge sniper/positron rifle for my EVA-02.

I want it bad.

But I don't think I am going to pay for the EVA-01 to get it.

Is it much larger/smaller than the Kaiyodo one? I've got that one laying around somewhere, maybe it will work with the SOCs...

But for once (OK, ok, not just "once"!) Bandai has allowed QC to slip a little on these babies. There have been reports of uneven paint jobs on some EVAs and quite a lot of folks recieved theirs with a split on the shins. Hope your's are relatively unscathed! :-)

I finally get some cash and buy all 4 EVA's.

I know, I know, I was very vocal about them not worthy of going under the "Chogokin" line, but they looked nice enough to be bought.

Unfortunately, I am one of the unlucky mooks that received "QC slips" on ALL 4 of my EVA's.

The paintjob on my EVA 00 (yellow) is not even close to the prototype, its not even shiny compared to the 00Kai and 01. My EVA-02 also has what Drif described as uneven paint on some parts. The front section of my EVA-02 is maroon, flat maroon (unlike the metallic ones in the proto as well), and the back section has something that looks a lighter shade of maroon. The left shins and thighs have a really noticable gap on all 4 EVA's, paint chips on the 02 and 00 chest area out of the box, slack jawed 01, loose hips on the 00, and yellow paint blotches on 02.

These are awesome toys, but I was rather disappointed with the issues. If these were somewhat bigger, I wouldn't mind the paint chips, but these things are small (about the size of the Maz fembots) so chips are noticeable. Being Bandai, I didn;t expect the issues to be this bad. :rolleyes:

Anywhoo, I'm just happy I got them.

I want it bad.

Is it much larger/smaller than the Kaiyodo one? I've got that one laying around somewhere, maybe it will work with the SOCs...

soc are a little smaller than the kayo, and when i say "little" it is really little. I put the steyr aug of the kayo's eva2 on the soc one.... even if the evas have quite the same size, kayo's guns seems enormous in soc hands. :(

I want it bad.

I've found spare guns for the soc ! The sega's ones fit very well the soc's hands !

I have dig deep inside the pit of hell previously knwon as my closet to retreive them and now the 4 soc's, the 5 kayiodo's and the 6 sega's are finally together on the same shelf. :) I wish i could take a familly portrait...

Hubert, Omni Existence, And anyone else who has the SoC Eva 02,

Just out of curiosity, did your Eva 02 come with... Differing red color tones? What I mean, is this :

perso.wanadoo.es/albertomur/index_fotos/GX-15%20bad%20colored%202.JPG

(Originally posted from ToyboxDX BBS.)

Yep, that's the same thing I got.

From the back neck piece, to the back of the shin, it's like they painted the entire back half using a lighter shade of maroon.

:(

I have the same thing too, but I m still very happy with my eva02, the shoulder are also a kind of "bad red", indeed the problem is there are different red on the eva02. ( On my eva the main difference is between the legs and the rest. the problem for me is not the type of red, it's that it's not the same everywhere, you really see the problem between knees and legs) I would have prefered to have a perfect toy but as I'm seeing it now on display it doesnt disturb me.

Anyways, I ve to say they are very good "toys". (I dont have any other eva toys/models, I cant compare

)

I think it's a pity the stand is the same for all the eva and they cant have all the weapons, I mean for last, the stand cant take the shield and of course the big long rifle. About the stand on big problem is it's very hard to put the eva on the stand, the place for the feet are bad placed.

Otherwise, I did something bad with my eva01 with it's left legs and it's very hard to move its legs if he makes a high kick.

There s some tiny paint problem but although it's not perfect i think it's a very good job especialy for the head.

For DarkPheonix, the yellow eva00 comes with :

- the classic stand, 3 entry plug, the stuff to put in back to give energy

- the classic normal rifle with it's bag (Pallet rifle)

- the long positron sniper rifle

- the shield :)

About my both eva00, the paint job is good, same blue everywhere, same yellow everywhere.