My toy score

Sorry guys, but I can't help myself. I have to show off my score from my trip to Japan last month. :D

I was only in Akihabara for one day, but what a day. If you've never been and have the chance to go, don't pass it up, you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my trip there, I was far too preoccupied with finding my score to stop and take pictures.

Top on my list was the 1/60 VF-0A, 1/48 Stealth and stealth fast packs and MP starscream. Once I had those, the rest was gravy. Probably the most surprising for me was falling for the Gundam fix figuration line. I had no intention of getting any gundam figures, but as you can see ended up with several fix figs. Even the girlfriend couldn't resist the fix line and bought the #0029 God/Nobel set as well as the cutesie, #6001 Keroro Gunso and #6002 Giroro Gocho. Looks like my collecting will have to expand beyond Yamato's Macross crack and include gundam Fix Figuration.

When all was said and done I probably spent somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100,000 Yen for toys alone. I could have easily spent more, but only had one empty suitcase to fill. :(

P.S.

Sorry for the bad pic, I'm just not a camera guy. :p

IPB Image

awesome do you have closeup pics of the spoof gundam fix? i wanted to see the boxes and the figures before i buy them.

thanks

chris

awesome do you have closeup pics of the spoof gundam fix? i wanted to see the boxes and the figures before i buy them.

thanks

chris

Sorry I don't, but HLJ has some good pics:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941676

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941677

I must admit these things are cute. I wouldn't have concidered them if it wasn't for the girlfriend. She thought they were great and I was more then happy to encourage any intest in anime robots and/or the Fix Figuration line on her part. :D

whoa, you had one suitcase to fill? How'd you manage to fit all those 1/48's in with them other stuff? Looks like these toys can fill up at least 4 suitcases. That's a good haul though!

That's a nice haul! :) I loved Akihabara. Although I brought back more doujinshi than toys. :p

Echi no oyajii! :lol:

Crazy Canuck II:

That's a mad haul....there's no way you can fit all THAT in ONE empty suitcase. That's mad. My haul from few months back just barely fit into my luggage bag and that pales in comparison to yours.

Crazy Canuck II:

That's a mad haul....there's no way you can fit all THAT in ONE empty suitcase. That's mad. My haul from few months back just barely fit into my luggage bag and that pales in comparison to yours.

Ha ha.. Well truth be told, I didn't put it in all one suitcase. I did have one large suitcase empty, but I did unpack the remaining 3 suitcases and distributed the booty between all 4, because I wanted to insulate my new additions with cloths and junk. But now that you mention it, the empty suit case did fill up quite quickly. Thank god I was able to make room in the others. :D

Crazy Canuck II:

Haha! Not only doujinshi, but autographed stuff by some famous and not so famous doujinshika (Kawarajima Koh, Saigado, Satoshi Shiki, Yonekura Kengo)! :D

Although I admit that I brought the doujinshi all back on my back in a heavy backpack. The toys and stuff took room in the luggage, although for me it was mostly select gashapon I had trouble finding in the west. That's an awesome haul crazy canuck II! Even more awesome that none of the boxes or anything look damaged! :)