My finished 1/72 Hasegawa YF-21

wm cheng

Outstanding. The multiple tones of blue is what brings it home. That and the subtle weathering really gives the model a 'real' look to it in the images. I bet at a model show a few people would have to ask 'Is this of a real plane?'. I have to do that with my kit of this one and the VF-22.

Please consider my suggestion from the PM I sent last week.

Mike P.

Well...I think it'd hurt your wallet. Man, Macross models are freakin' expensive. One reason I'm holding off on buying the 1/72s or any other scale, save for the Bandai 1/144s, I love those. :) I'm better off collecting the Yamatos because those transform and are super poseable! B)

wm cheng.... someone here suggested you consider writing a modeling manual... I think this is a REALLY GREAT idea if you have the time or the inclination. I'm sure you could sell a ton of them here for sure... I would buy one!

Would you think about something like that? It would most likely be one of the greater contributions to this community, and who knows... you could get it published and make some good money. :)

Thank you all,

I'm a builder not a writer... :p (in a squeeky high falsetto voice)

I just like buildin' em!! And your responses are very welcomed too. Its such a small niche market here, and it just seems like such a big hassle to get stuff published. I am just grateful for all your comments and the learning I get from these feedback and seeing others do their thang! I would gladly accept donations though :p

Hey, if anyone would kindly put it all together in a PDF file, I would love to get a copy for my own nastalgic records though (Rob are you listening?) So far I only have one, the YF-19 - but if there's more out there, I would love to recieve them.

Hey you could vote for me in that Hobbyfan contest :D -the popular vote catagory!

Hey if anyone here wants to publish me or pay me for this - PM me!! ha! :lol:

I looked into Fine Scale Modeller as one kind soul here suggested, but they had all types of format and photo requirements, I wouldn't be able to submit stuff I had done already, I'd had to start fresh and take high-res process photos from the start again. Documenting the process is already dissruptive enough - I don't want to take the fun out of it! Unless they would make it worth my while ;)

Truely, thanks everyone.

Oh yeah, definitely some day - but I have so many "canon" to build or get through first - I want at least a set of everthing in 1/72 scale first (actually I would like a set gear down, and a set gear up in flight mode) - and only after that will I even begin to consider customs or other non-canon schemes.

wm cheng, wicked models....I'm striving to make my models look as good as yours. I haven't built aircraft models since junior high and they sucked. I've been building car models for the last few years, and even then, I haven't built any for a while.

I tried to find your step-by-step on the VF-1S Strike....you did do one right? Can anyone here point me to the link because I tried the search but couldn't find it...is it in the old forums?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Peter,

Yes I did do one on the old boards - however they aren't up at the moment, I think Shawn has had some problems with them lately. There is a thread posted here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=23&t=691

of my older stuff posted, but they are all locked up in the old forums for the time being.

Do make sure to post pictures of your model when you build it.

Good luck,

Wm

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...