Who wants a Destroid Tomahawk?

captain america

Hate to double post, but my Tomohawk showed up today (still can't fathom how it made it from Canada to New York in three days) and it has got to be the single nicest model kit I've ever gotten ever, both in presentation and quality... there's a whole bunch of mold pour plugs to remove, but I'm happy to do it because it enables alot more of the parts to be one piece castings, which means all you have to do is cut off and clean up an end block instead of haveing to file and clean up mold seams running down the whole part... I'm super happy with it, and just utterly blown away at how nice the parts look. Truly a labor of love, and it shows. My hat off to you John.

Hate to double post, but my Tomohawk showed up today (still can't fathom how it made it from Canada to New York in three days) and it has got to be the single nicest model kit I've ever gotten ever, both in presentation and quality... there's a whole bunch of mold pour plugs to remove, but I'm happy to do it because it enables alot more of the parts to be one piece castings, which means all you have to do is cut off and clean up an end block instead of haveing to file and clean up mold seams running down the whole part... I'm super happy with it, and just utterly blown away at how nice the parts look. Truly a labor of love, and it shows. My hat off to you John.

Soooooo you're saying you like it then? :lol:

Grayson, i more than like it... I think I'm in love.

I just spent the past two hours with a fine jewler's saw removing all of the casting blocks and then I dry fit it together... there's a couple of small sink marks, like two teensy tiny air bubbles, and a couple of spots that will need some putty work when assembled. I think the only real issues will be that i p;an on drilling out the rivets so they don't get filled with paint and stand out nicely, and then I accidentally took one of the elbow joint's upper arm mounting pegs off cleaning it up *tear* Other than that it is simply amazing. I was totally blown away when I saw the cockpit part... not all I need is to cobble together a pilot figure.

Mine arrived this morning.

John How do you manage to get it from Canada to the U.K so quickly. Im still waiting on a similar sized package to arrive from London and thats only 50 miles away, they were posted on the same day.

This is the First of Johns kits I have bought, and IIRC the second scratch built/ Garage kit I have ever bought.

The attention to detail blew me away. Appart from a coulple of smalllish sinks/air bubbles and a bit of sprew cutting its good to go. Even the Box is awesome. I was just expecting it to be a ziplock baggie and a brown non discript box.

I also liked the blue high desity foam you used to pack mine in, this will do great for someting I had planned to do (not macross) Excellent raw material.

This kit is great. If your not sure if you want one or have never bought any of John`s kits then dont delay get one now. This will not be the last kit of Johns I get, Provided he dosnt just do Carebears or some other sissy stuff in future.

Thanks again John

I got mine, thanks. Excellent work, as usual. It isn't empty praise but just what can I say that hasn't already been said?

"Ditto". ;-)

And yeah, I'm looking forward to the time in the dim and distant future when I get to build this thing. The last few resin kits I've put together (not from such a quality reputable manufacturer ;-), about 80% of the time was consumed cleaning up mould lines, filling holes, fixing alignment problems... I've only had the chance to scan over the pieces so far, but I couldn't find anything that needed doing to them past taking them off the sprues. Impressive!

Well Im now thinking that may be I need a Phalanx too to make my 1/72 line up more complete. So John can I still get one ?

My display cabs are full so Im making another one to put all my TF`s in so the space they give in the other cabs can be filled with 1/72 Macross goodness.

A 1/72 CareBear in fast packs or GBP would be cool.

Edited by big F

I just think its funny that a package can get into the UK in 7 days to me where its taken longer than that here in the US. I could have taken leave and driven to you to pick it up in less time. athe US postal service really needs to pick up the pace. Heck my Leopard made it from the UK to here in 4 days.

I know its not your fault John just not enjoying the us postal service lately. One of my patlabor ingrams came in a mushed box.

I sympathise with you, believe me. Just recently it took about 2.5 weeks to recieve my decal shipment for the Tomahawks; I think it has more to do with how the local shipping routes are managed.

It's funny:regardless of where someone is shipping goods to me from, it will take 20% longer to arrive, but when I ship orders out using the same service, thewy get it in 3 days. Yay quebec <_<

Overall, I can't really take a swipe at USPS: I've shipped well over 300 orders in the past 2.5 years, and not a single lost parcel.

Well if it makes you feel better Im still waiting on a Gundam I bought on eBay a month ago. I paid extra for priority air mail to get in four days. 1 month later and no response from the seller and the tracking number dosnt exist. Time to call PayPal again I think. Lately Im really starting to dislike eBay in general. On the up side I got the quote for the Glass doors for my Display Cases today. A lot cheeper than I thought, so now Im going to be making another case for more Macross stuff.

• 12 years later...
1 hour ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Does anyone have a copy of the Tomahawk instructions?

Cheers,

Brett

Try contacting Spitfire_BR. Someone asked the same question and he said he had them all.

Edited by wmkjr