Korean ripoff

Kin

:lol: head lasers visor lasers & hand lasers He even gets to shoot a gunpod.

its kinda like what if Voltron's Robeasts attacked a Valk only done poorly.

Watching the pilot's expressions... priceless

Now lets never mention this again. :ph34r:

The crotch shot was by far the most entertaining portion of that video :)

Damn, that was annoying to watch. The guy piloting the "Valkyrie" was getting his butt kicked the entire time and took hit after hit. Finally at the end, he get's a shot in and wins the battle. Very poor.

wow... i think i actually just got dumber having watched that.....

whats worse, follow the related links to the spider one, at the end (i just fast fwded it looking for this, as it was mentioend in a comment) it shows the Valkyrie thingy change into a Gerwalk mode, gun magicly appears, and it "hops" into the city... no joke, it was hopping!!

that alone was worth skimming the second one, but that first one... OMFG was it horrible... and all the sound FX sound like they were ripped from NES or before vid games, the voices, i noticed, all appear to be female, even in the other clips on Youtube, the male characters, the female characters... its like the budget was so low that they couldn't even scrounge a second voice actor, 1 lady did it all!

wow... just wow....

its you should see later in the story when they take on an alien fleet lead by a charasmatic singer (who sings a song called "Do you remember, no but i think i recall") and a superhuman pilot who comes of age while fighting a war with a tyranical monarchy and man behind a mask who flys a mobil suit that looks like it was hosed off in pepto bismal. Oh yea an Sevil's cousin, george was in that clip, rest in peace homie.

All sound effects brought to you by:

The pinball machine in the break room (that deaf dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball)

And the Soundtrack to Godzilla vs. Rodan

Yay, Saturday morning cartoons. I love how the bad guy gets all afraid and runs away when the 'hero'? gets his macho pose going.

Yeah... brings back memories to the days before globalization, and protected markets. Ah... now those were the days! When you could buy something in another country, and be able to play it/watch it/use it in your own. Stupid globablization and greedy media companies... I curse thee, DVD region codes!

Oh Christ, that was bad...the VF-1J vs. a Voltron monster, with Amuro piloting and the writing staff from Power rangers. Is it just me or in that song are the kids voices chanting "GUNDAM WING!" ? Ugh....

Oh Christ, that was bad...the VF-1J vs. a Voltron monster, with Amuro piloting and the writing staff from Power rangers. Is it just me or in that song are the kids voices chanting "GUNDAM WING!" ? Ugh....

Without watching it, I'd bet the song is closer to "Gundam vwee."

I think it predates GWing, for one.

I was actually sort of wondering why I hadn't heard about Space Gundam V in a while.

Nice to see it's not forgotten.

Actually, the Space Gandam V DVD is all regioin.....the hard part is making it past the excessively long beach scene at the beginning, along with the fat kid getting chased by a dog that chews up his pants. The fat kid later gets a Boss Borot style robot....because he's fat!

That was one of the worst animated fights I ever saw - annoying dweeb Valk pilot.

Still, the animation itself was pretty decent...

Dude... the animation in that scene pretty much blew!!! The only 1/2 way decent thing was the run cycle. Otherwise, it pretty much sucked!!!

Must. Buy. Valk that can shoot laser and fire out of every part of its body except for the ass!

That's the third episode that has the ass laser. After watching it a 2nd time, I'm shooting something out of my ass, but it ain't a laser. I think that Bandai needs to straight up sue that cartoon into oblivion. I wonder though...is this like the Joons version of SDF?

Two thoughts spring to mind watching these clips:

1. They manage to make Star Pro look like Studio Ghibli.

1.5. And that's horrible. :lol:

2. Hikaru really ought to think of suing for libel, as his non-union Korean equivalent doesn't even show the barest glimmer of competence.

I think that Bandai needs to straight up sue that cartoon into oblivion.

I think they kept it around expressly so they could point and laugh. :lol:

boy I admit... I am korean and I feel quite embarrassed about it...

But if you allow me...

I watched this cartoon (at a theatre) when I was really young. This was first created in early 80's (where korea was still very behind socially, economically and politically--I think we were still considered as developing country) During that time, as you can imagine, almost everything was copied from Japan but proudly claimed to be "original" or even as "examplary" master piece of Korea... We even had Robot TeaKawn V (we really like "V" you see...) that looked very close to Mazinger Z...

So yeah, while I am quite embarrassed, I kind of look at with the eyes of empathy. And now, I am quite proud of how much korean entertainment has grown (korean dramas, animation, games, etc.) and how some of them are really "original". One way for 3rd countries to catch up to developed country is by imitation. Just like a lot of south east asian countries now copy korea and japan and yet give themselves credit for being "original". I guess part of it is propaganda... If you remember, when Japanese car companies first came to the states, they got horrible reviews (just like hyundae first got into to US market), and they practically copied US models except the quality was poor... but now look at where Toyota and Honda are at...

I guess my plea to you is that, objectively, it is absurd and funny, but if you can be graceful enough to remember that this was sort of a necessary step for Korea to grow, I'll be greatful.

boy I admit... I am korean and I feel quite embarrassed about it...

But if you allow me...

I watched this cartoon (at a theatre) when I was really young. This was first created in early 80's (where korea was still very behind socially, economically and politically--I think we were still considered as developing country) During that time, as you can imagine, almost everything was copied from Japan but proudly claimed to be "original" or even as "examplary" master piece of Korea... We even had Robot TeaKawn V (we really like "V" you see...) that looked very close to Mazinger Z...

So yeah, while I am quite embarrassed, I kind of look at with the eyes of empathy. And now, I am quite proud of how much korean entertainment has grown (korean dramas, animation, games, etc.) and how some of them are really "original". One way for 3rd countries to catch up to developed country is by imitation. Just like a lot of south east asian countries now copy korea and japan and yet give themselves credit for being "original". I guess part of it is propaganda... If you remember, when Japanese car companies first came to the states, they got horrible reviews (just like hyundae first got into to US market), and they practically copied US models except the quality was poor... but now look at where Toyota and Honda are at...

I guess my plea to you is that, objectively, it is absurd and funny, but if you can be graceful enough to remember that this was sort of a necessary step for Korea to grow, I'll be greatful.

Hey you guys animate the Simpsons, what other country can say that? That makes Koreans alright in my book.

Is the monster a bad guy mecha or is really a monster? I kinda got the impression an alien demon was piloting it. :lol:

To question:

Don't take it too personally. I for one WISHED that we Malaysians copied something. You should see our animation here. Its probably worse than Space Gandam V. All our cartoons are about kids in rural villages going on with their everyday life. Don't get me started on how many frames they are shot in. When some one speaks a word in 5 syllables, they animate the mouth in 2 frames. Go figure :lol:

At least you guys had Wonderful Days....or was that with the expertise of GONZO? :wacko:

Yeah...I second WolfX's sentiment. We weren't intending to denigrate ALL Korean animation, just this particular show. And if it came across as that, I for one apologize.