custom VF-11MAXL battroid

grebo guru

Seeing the VF-11MAXL discussed in another thread, it got me thinkin'. And scannin'. And Photoshoppin'. The result is attached -- the VF-11MAXL in Battroid mode. At some point I intend to do the Gerwalk and Fighter modes as well.

I kinda think it should have a different head than the B/C... but I have yet to come up with a good one to use.

Grebo!

post-4460-1162521919_thumb.jpg

Hmmm. Y'know... you're right. I should get rid of the vertical stablizers. Thanks for the suggestion. As for playing with the legs, well, I do need to modify the backs of the legs a bit to match the fighter mode, it's true.

Edit: Okay, how about this?

Nice but I would get rid of the original vertical stabs and maybe play with the legs a little more.

post-4460-1162623407_thumb.jpg

Edited by grebo guru

Aha! While looking through one of my Armored Core books, I found a new head... It's on one of the rough designs, so AFAIK it hasn't appeared anywhere official. Conveniently, this head is quite well suited to being added to a Variable Fighter.

Considering I've been wanting to give my VF-11MAXL a different head, this one will work nicely -- especially given that its head-credt/fin/thing would make a very nice single top stabilizer in Fighter mode. (Sigh... of course now I'm gonna have to modify the fighter mode pic. Again.)

This, along with Graham's terrific image of the VF-11B gunpod (SO much nicer than that of the 11C), I think this MAXL is really coming along!!!

Grebo

post-4460-1162668751_thumb.jpg

Aha! While looking through one of my Armored Core books, I found a new head... It's on one of the rough designs, so AFAIK it hasn't appeared anywhere official. Conveniently, this head is quite well suited to being added to a Variable Fighter.

Considering I've been wanting to give my VF-11MAXL a different head, this one will work nicely -- especially given that its head-credt/fin/thing would make a very nice single top stabilizer in Fighter mode. (Sigh... of course now I'm gonna have to modify the fighter mode pic. Again.)

This, along with Graham's terrific image of the VF-11B gunpod (SO much nicer than that of the 11C), I think this MAXL is really coming along!!!

Grebo

so this is your personal Variable Fighter lol

any way very nice Work

Woof woof,

so this is your personal Variable Fighter lol

any way very nice Work

Heh! Well, I dunno about "my personal" VF... the VF-11MAXL is supposed to be a real machine. However, this is of course my take on it. And thank you for the compliment!

Attached, now, is what I think is pretty close to the final product.

Grebo!

post-4460-1162758626_thumb.jpg

Edited by grebo guru

Thank you, grapetang! I appreciate the compliment. And don't worry, I'll be doing more. There are SO many Macross photoshop projects I wanna do...

And as for the Refine Barzam -- nice pic of it! I loooove my Gundam Fix figure of that MS. Katoki is the man! I swear, I don't what the designer(s) of the original Barzam were thinking. Talk about ugly! And then to claim it's the mass-production version of the Gundam Mark II? I don't think so! Katoki's version really makes much more sense -- and lots so much sweeter. Mmm-mmm good!

Grebo

I think the head fin has potential, but I have 2 issues with it.

1) the only other head fin we've seen is the Fire Valk, and it seems to go along with the face - flashy without much practical value.

2) those little details on the side seem out of place on the 11, they detract a bit from the total package.

It looks really cool though. Nice work.

I think the head fin has potential, but I have 2 issues with it.

1) the only other head fin we've seen is the Fire Valk, and it seems to go along with the face - flashy without much practical value.

2) those little details on the side seem out of place on the 11, they detract a bit from the total package.

It looks really cool though. Nice work.

To each his own. I've put enough work into this image -- I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

Thanks for the compliment, though. I'm glad people have been interested. :-)

Grebo

• 12 years later...
  • 2 months later...