Hasegawa's VF-0

kakarot

:o Oh Man!! I can't wait... thats the next baby!! :o Gotta get the first kits!!

I hope it comes with some weapons and pilot - I'd hate to build it and wait several months for them to release a separate add-on kit :angry:

I'm not sure about the SV-51 though, nice shape and lnes, but that pink scheme is going to be hard to make it look convincing.

Please, sir... more pics?

I'm not sure about the SV-51 though, nice shape and lnes, but that pink scheme is going to be hard to make it look convincing.

Ha, my thoughts exactly, I like the look of the 51 but there's no friggin' way I'm painting a fighter flaming Cherry Red or whatever that color is, i'll just do the low-viz thing.

Awesome!!

A quick translation of some of its features:

-Pilot figure

-FAST Packs

-Conformal fuel tanks (2 of em, on top of the fuselage)

-Air brake

-S type head

-Vectoring nozzles (feet)

-Sweeping wings

-Clear parts (FLIR sensors and wing lights)

-Compatible with Hase's Macross Stand

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.... I haven't been this excited about a Macross kit since Hase's first, the VF-1A fighter! And I bought four of those ^_^

Ha, my thoughts exactly, I like the look of the 51 but there's no friggin' way I'm painting a fighter flaming Cherry Red or whatever that color is, i'll just do the low-viz thing.

From what I understand light salmon-type pinks are low-visibility, moreso than grays. Of course, psycho-chick's SV-51 is definitely not low-viz. :)

I want Battroids. That doesn't mean I'm not pre-ordering the fighter version. Mac Zero has officially rocked my world.

Awesome!!

-Pilot figure

-FAST Packs

-Air brake

-S type head

-Sweeping wings

I'm confused. I thought the FAST packs were the conformal fuel tanks on the legs. Is there something we haven't seen yet? On all of the other VFs, the FAST packs only work in space (or at least a vacuum), and the VF-0 can't do that.

Lookin nice. I'm definately gonna have to pick one or two of them up. I can't wait to see that MG Perfect Gundam as well.

This pic says something about 2003 for the VF-0, dunno what it says about 2003 as I can't read Japanese :unsure:

http://www.modelfplus.com/images/Plasticmo...w2002_20_00.jpg

Here is the URL for the site I found it on, there is also nice completed YF-21 in the background too

http://www.modelfplus.com/Pla&RadiShow2002.html

Edited by Sully

I hope it comes with some weapons and pilot - I'd hate to build it and wait several months for them to release a separate add-on kit :angry:

Says it comes with a pilot... but nothing about weapons except for the removeable gunpod....

This pic says something about 2003 for the VF-0, dunno what it says about 2003 as I can't read Japanese  :unsure:

Pic says that the model is currently in planning and is planned for a 2003 release date.

spelling's a bitch....

Edited by gnollman

Man, am I excited about this kit. Fortunately for us, the VF-0 hasn't carried any underwing ordnance yet, so we don't need no stinkin' weapon sets from Hasegawa. However, there was that ad for M: Zero about a year ago that showed Shin with a full complement of missiles, so we know we'll need them eventually. <_<

So who's going to be the first to make a low-viz VF-0S?

What I can get my greedy little hands on first - I'll build!! Any pictures of what a low-viz SV-51 looks like - I'm not hot on the red/pink scheme :unsure:

I love that Cannon fodder FFR-31 Sylphede, I can't wait to get a Bandai EX kit of it also in 1/100 scale to complete my collection - the 1/144 are fun, but they are just too expensive for something that small. The other plane is a little too wierd ass for me.

Lets keep the VF-0 pictures comming!! Any more?

Awesome!!

-Pilot figure

-FAST Packs

-Air brake

-S type head

-Sweeping wings

I'm confused. I thought the FAST packs were the conformal fuel tanks on the legs. Is there something we haven't seen yet? On all of the other VFs, the FAST packs only work in space (or at least a vacuum), and the VF-0 can't do that.

FAST packs exist in the real world. "Fuel and Sensor Tactical" The F-15's FAST packs are conformal fuel tanks, so it's not unreasonable to consider certain types of atmospheric-use conformal parts to be FAST packs. Also, I think the YF-19 and YF-21 FAST packs were atmosphere-capable as well. They certainly didn't use any of that stuff in space in Mac Plus...

I don't know how exactly they're using the term in Mac Zero - that is, I don't know why they'd call the missile pods on the legs FAST packs (and I don't know if those FAST packs also carry fuel), but not the conformal fuel tanks that mount on the fuselage. But there you go.

I hope they do start using underwing munitions on the VF-0 soon... I think it's nice to see the plane is carrying missiles. Even though internal weapons bays like the ones on the FAST packs have less impact on aerodynamics, (and therefore make practical sense) it's sort of cheap-looking in an animation sense. It also doesn't fit in so well with how the VF-1 stored munitions, but I don't care so much about that because Mac Zero is cool, so to hell with continuity if it gets in the way. :) But if I build a model of the thing it's good when people can look at it and know it's armed.

What I can get my greedy little hands on first - I'll build!! Any pictures of what a low-viz SV-51 looks like - I'm not hot on the red/pink scheme :unsure:

I love that Cannon fodder FFR-31 Sylphede, I can't wait to get a Bandai EX kit of it also in 1/100 scale to complete my collection - the 1/144 are fun, but they are just too expensive for something that small. The other plane is a little too wierd ass for me.

Lets keep the VF-0 pictures comming!! Any more?

I was fascinated with the Sylphede from the first time I saw them. They have that flat-top-F-15 look that is really very strange. And also the markings and cammo (it has somwething like a big circular marking all over the top) is very original. Yes please, Bandai listen to us!!

Awesome!!

-Pilot figure

-FAST Packs

-Air brake

-S type head

-Sweeping wings

Is the cockpit canopy going to be a clear part as well? It seems obvious to make it so, but it doesn't say here, and the pic is a bit hard to make out.

Fortunately for us, the VF-0 hasn't carried any underwing ordnance yet, so we don't need no stinkin' weapon sets from Hasegawa.

Actually, that's not true.

IIRC, in epsiode # 1, Roy's VF-0s and maybe also the VF-0A cannon fodders were shown with 12 x AIM-200A AMRAAM 2 missiles mounted on the wings.

Also, in episode # 2, when Shin is assigned guard duty on the island, you can see his VF-0D in Gerwalk mode with underwing ordnance.

Graham

Awesome!!

-Pilot figure

-FAST Packs

-Air brake

-S type head

-Sweeping wings

Nope, the conformal fuel tanks referred to here are the two lumps on the chest plate, NOT the leg FAST packs.

Graham

IIRC, in epsiode # 1, Roy's VF-0s and maybe also the VF-0A cannon fodders were shown with 12 x AIM-200A AMRAAM 2 missiles mounted on the wings.

Also, in episode # 2, when Shin is assigned guard duty on the island, you can see his VF-0D in Gerwalk mode with underwing ordnance.

That's what I get for opening my mouth without first double checking my DVDs. :unsure: