1/1000 Prometheus

valkyriepm

AWESOME valkyriepm, AWESOME! She looks thirsty for paint now. I wondered what happened to your build. I've spent more time with my children too lately, so less time on the build. Can't wait to see what's next! - MT

Great to see you back, I know how kids can take time away from building, since my son was born this year time is hard to spare. The bridge came up awesome, and the whole model is sweet, can't wait to get some more time to work on mine. Great work, I'm feeling very inspired to do some more work now.post-5632-1192334910.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people! Little update.

First, thanks everybody for your comments, it's what keeps modelers going ^_^

Well, I sprayed the whole ship in neutral gray just to see how's everything together and the results were great. Just a little Mr. Surfacer here and there. Added the photo-etch net to the "fingers" but I have to take a close-up of those. The pics are blurry 'couse were taken in a hurry. I hope to have an update soon when the painting begins.

Martin

post-305-1194400849_thumb.jpg

post-305-1194401121_thumb.jpg

So nice man, I can't wait to see it finished, and alongside or attached to the rest of the giant project. And chin up MechTech, you will figure it out, if you let us in on the problem some of us might even be able to help.

Edited by Knight26

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! As always thank you everybody for the comments. This is a little update. Started finally with the paint and have the two basic hull colours. Everything went really smooth until I took off the masking of the red and the Tamiya tape took some paint with it. Just some little spots but is another airbrushing session. This weekend I'll spray the dark gray base for the deck and then I'll start weathering. I think I'll make some really soft dark gray or black spots on the gray before the chalk washes. As I build mostly waterline models I'm really not sure on how to weather the red... MechTech, any suggestions? Well, here I leave you the pics and any idea welcomed :rolleyes:

Martin

post-305-1196462128_thumb.jpg post-305-1196462163_thumb.jpg

Great work as always Valkyriepm, it looks awesome with paint on. It sucks when paint peels, it has to be my pet hate when modeling. Funny you mentioned you normaly build waterline ships as this is how my 1/700 is being done. Have to admire anyone who builds full hull on these ships, much more complex than standard ship hulls. Thanks for sharing your work and keeping me inspired to keep going on mine.post-5632-1196467084.gif

That looks awesome man! I wish I was that far along! As far as weathering goes, the only recommendation I have is to add some panels lines in a slightly darker red. The other question is how "new" is it. If it's been in the water for years and its in dry dock, add some rust and barnacles! If it's new, the panel lines still help give it depth. Experiment on on something disposable before touching your beautiful ship. Keep it up! - MT

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Finally started painting the flight deck as posted before. The hull is mainly finished on the painting and weathering. Thanks MT for the suggestions about it, I tried painting the panel lines but the result didn't convinced me; finally I decided for the rust ^_^

The lines on the flight deck are like the designs on the artbooks (Perfect Memory, Miyatake, etc.) Still to do the ones of the elevators and the weathering on the deck. I hope you all like it.

Martin

post-305-1200106072_thumb.jpgpost-305-1200106087_thumb.jpg

post-305-1200106101_thumb.jpg

post-305-1200106116_thumb.jpg

I was wondering if you were still alive? That looks AWESOME! The pictures are fuzzy, but the weathering on the sides and markings look great! Are you going to weather the deck area too? I think the F-14 is too big though :lol: - MT

Edited by MechTech

Hey guys! Thank you all for the comments! I finished painting the flight deck and I'm really happy with the results. Just a few details left to resolve.

post-305-1200874407_thumb.jpgpost-305-1200874495_thumb.jpgpost-305-1200874526_thumb.jpg

Here is a geneal view of the flight deck, elevators and bridge detail

post-305-1200874562_thumb.jpg

As Neptunesurvey requested, this is a dark pic of the stern. It has almost no detail becouse I hope one day to be attached to the SDF-1 ^_^

post-305-1200874766_thumb.jpg

Now this is a detail of the hull as how turned out the weathering (you can see the rails of the elevators made of 1:700 ladders).

Now my real problem is how to make the lines of the elevator as seen on the lineart, becouse they are really thin :wacko:

Here is the lineart I mean from the fantastic Macross Mecha Manual site

Martin

That looks awesome! I think you did a really great job on it. And unlike some of us, you're actually finishing you're project! ^_^

The line art you referenced I believe is for another type of lift; not an elevator as on the sides. The large U.S. amphibious ships have similar passage ways. The one in the line art has some kind of lift in the middle like a winch or tow unit it looks like. The other line art does not have those marks on the elevators. I think you're about done. - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 6 months later...

*BUMP*

Just letting know that I finished this baby and I'll be posting pics soon. To have a 2-years-old son really pulls you out the workbench -not complaining, just a change of habit-. I'll let rest the big ships for a while and I was thinking on work some 1/72 Macross vehicles for a change.

Martin