1/1000 Prometheus

valkyriepm

Finally, and after a few years in my head, I'll start this project. It is of course the beginning of what I expect to be the 1/1000 SDF-1. If this one comes out right, will follow the Daedalus.

Well, I made some schematics in rough lines that will help me as a guide for the proportion (Note on this: the official large of the Prometheus is 512 meters. After a comparision made with the schematics of the SDF-1, it resulted in 450 meters long, so I take this proportion as the right for this project and not the cannon.)

I gathered all the info I could for details and I think I'm OK, except for details on the bridge antennae, wich I think I saw it more detailed on the Macross:DYRL PS1 game openning animation, so if anyone have the artbook of the game and it has lineart of the Prometheus other than the existant on the common books, please send me a PM to tell me if U can provide me with a scan. Well, that's all for the day and I'll keep you guys updated on this. Pics comming as soon as I have anithing material :p

Martin

Thank you MechTech! I have to say that your project is one of my inspirations as also are the works of Honneamise and many others. I'm really excited obout this, so I hope to have news soon.

Martin

Edited by valkyriepm

• 2 weeks later...

Okay people, new update!

I finished the shape of the hull and now I'll start with the upper hull.

The pics: The hull with the flight deck, the hull with the flight deck presented and a really bad pic of the bow with the hangar bay

[attachmentid=38334]

[attachmentid=38335]

[attachmentid=38336]

Martin

post-305-1164149170_thumb.jpg

post-305-1164149222_thumb.jpg

post-305-1164149271_thumb.jpg

Looking very good! And you are proceeding with good speed. Man, I wish I could build some model kits as fast as some people around here scratchbuild major projects! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

These days I've been working on the upper hull section and it get me more work than anticipated.

[attachmentid=38881]

Here is a pic of the ship as it is now. Still a lot of work to do, but taking the Prometheus shape :p

[attachmentid=38882]

Partial front view from the bow.

[attachmentid=38883]

Here is a view from the stern. The problem I had here was that the piece that attaches to the Macross had to be bigger than the lineart. There was no way to keep it under the end of the flight deck, so I'll have to think after what use these part could have.

[attachmentid=38884]

This is a detail :huh: of those "holes" that are present on the lineart and we never know what they are. I observed on the Miyatake and on the TIAS artbook that you can see partialy the sctructure thru those "holes" so after looking for any piece with tiny details I added some 1/72 planes spare parts and gave it a more "real look" to the ship. Well, I hope U like it the way it's going.

Martin

post-305-1165884022_thumb.jpg

post-305-1165884147_thumb.jpg

post-305-1165884228_thumb.jpg

post-305-1165884574_thumb.jpg

All right dude, you're making me jealous, you're gonna be done before me :p ! It looks great! I'm gonna have the same problem with what to put in for details in those "holes." I've got some ideas though. Keep up the great work! When's the Daedalus coming? - MT

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! December has been a really buisy month for me, but I have some updates for late today.

To Hiriyu: I was thinking on make some kind of BIG coffe table :p

MechTech: I hope the Daedalus is coming right after I finish the Prometheus (okay, not "right after". I have a 1/72 Fokker D VII i want to make like the one of Roy). My work on the Daedalus will be based on your great job , given that you'r managing the same measurements (not scale :p ) than I do, so I will ask you for help when start my project.

Martin

Congratulations! It´s good to have a Macross Builder here in sudamerica...

Felicitaciones! Que bueno tener un creador que saque la cara por sudamerica en este foro!

Finally some pics! These are of the Prometheus as it is today. I'll be working on the "fingers" next and then into detail.

[attachmentid=39544]

[attachmentid=39545]

[attachmentid=39546]

[attachmentid=39547]

OK, that's all for the day, I hope you like it, and thank you all for your comments.

Martin

post-305-1168795815_thumb.jpg

post-305-1168795856_thumb.jpg

post-305-1168795935_thumb.jpg

post-305-1168795967_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome man! What are you going to do for the engine pods? Are you going to scribe the deck detail? Keep up the great work! I just ordered the plastic for my upper section this weekend. - MT

:o WOW :o

Only one thing looks off on this. The rear section that connects to the Macross, seems slighlty misaligned. It might be the pictures playing tricks on me (mainly the pics displaying the hull up).

Excellent job. Now on to details!!! ^_^

You really scared me! I check it and it's OK. It's just the pic ;)

Looks awesome man! What are you going to do for the engine pods? Are you going to scribe the deck detail? Keep up the great work! I just ordered the plastic for my upper section this weekend. - MT

Since I found no lineart detail on the engine pods, I was thinking on make them the way you did on the Daedalus. They look pretty cool. The only scribing I think I'll make on the deck are the runways of the steam catapults and paint everything else.

Looking good. Are you planning on adding a lot of detail, like the interceptor missiles and maybe some aircraft?

My idea is to add as much detail as possible as could be made in 1/1000. As for the aircraft, I'm still considering it. I plann on make the SDF-1 some day and I really don't know if it worth that particular detail, as they'll be kind of lost in contrast with the rest of the model.

Martin

It's a pain, but the more detail, the more convincing your model will be. Also, if a "clueless" person comes along and sees your model, they'll have a point of referance for size. I've only talked to one person here who even knows what Macross is, let alone the Daedalus (next to you guys here on line of course). - MT

felicitaciones es un proyecto muy bueno, y da gusto que alguien se anime a hacer algo tan grosso, y tambien estimula un poco el orgullo que seas argento, felicitaciones de nuevo y segui posteando fotos que estan muuuy buenas y podemos ver como va progresando.

congrats its a very good project and im glad that someone takes the chances of doing something like that, also helps that you are from argentina. Congrats again and keep posting pictures so we can see your progress

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Finally back with an update. Thanx everybody for the compliments.

Well, I ended up the "fingers" of he ship after make 3 different sets of them, wider, longer, etc. always based on how they looked on the lineart. In the end, I decided for the ones it has (of course :p )

[attachmentid=40615]

In this top view, really doesn't look good for me the way they look in ths pic. Maybe is the poor light I tooked the pics with.

[attachmentid=40616]

This is the side view (look curved on the top, took weird photos today :blink: )

[attachmentid=40617] [attachmentid=40618]

This last 2 are from the bow.

Now, I'm finally moving to the deatil. This will be the fun.

Martin

post-305-1172010103_thumb.jpg

post-305-1172010242_thumb.jpg

post-305-1172010334_thumb.jpg

post-305-1172010362_thumb.jpg

Edited by valkyriepm

Looks great Martin! Your steady effort is looking more like the "real thing." I always thought the fingers were funny. They gave it the look of a hand. Those fingers actually came from the older aircraft carriers. The A-4 Skyhawks needed them for takeoffs. That's why you don't see them on modern carriers any more.

Keep it up. You're building the "cool" ship with more shipborne weapons on it. Have fun arming it up! - MT

• 1 month later...

Hi people! Finally an update.

I had some very buisy weeks latey.

Here are some pics of the prometheus as it is today. I've been working on details mostly and still have a lot to do. Finished the elevators and lot of details on the sides. I hope you like it.

Martin

post-305-1177006285_thumb.jpg

post-305-1177006304_thumb.jpg

post-305-1177006334_thumb.jpg

Edited by valkyriepm

ALL of the details look great!!! Sounds like you better cast some copies! It wouldn't be too bad if hollow cast on a rotocaster. Can't wait to see it done! - MT

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody! Finally an update! I was looking at the date of my last post and it was around the date my son started walking (meaning touch-everything) so it was very difficult to get some time for the models.

Anyway, I've added some little details all around and the only "major" work was the bridge.

Here on a front view:

post-305-1192200264_thumb.jpg

Hore a back view:

post-305-1192200310_thumb.jpg

Here on the Prometheus:

post-305-1192200615_thumb.jpg

The bridge still needs a coat of Mr. Surfacer 1000 and it would be ready to go.

That's all for the moment and I wait to get more updates soon.

Martin