I'm shutting down the decal and sticker business

Anasazi37

Congratulations on your marriage and good luck on the PHD! Sorry to see you drop out of the decal business Devin, but I totally understand that some things in life have to take priority. I've always enjoyed the quality of your work and you have made the Macross experience much richer for a lot of us here.

And I don't think that post just above mine deserves any kind of reply. <_<

Edited by jardann

the point everybody missed was the alps support pullout being the final nail... so know you just need to bribe him with alps parts and cartridges :rolleyes: . Kinda like the old scary guy with an amiga who would trade you import bootlegs for ram :lol:

LOL.... I hadn't thought of Amiga in years. Thanks, I needed that chuckle--especially today.

the point everybody missed was the alps support pullout being the final nail... so know you just need to bribe him with alps parts and cartridges :rolleyes: . Kinda like the old scary guy with an amiga who would trade you import bootlegs for ram :lol:

sorry to hear Devin shut down your decal business,

I get a paris act decal form you when I haven't

get the Alps.

if anyone need waterslide decal in the future, maybe I can help.

actually, the decal works I just make for my own use at this time since I

get the printer, if anyone want to get help about this, pm to me,

but the point is, I'm can't take much time for this works,

so I just can provide limited production, but try my best :)

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

I'm sorry to hear that you're stopping the business, Devin. Thanks for the trouble and time you've put in for my custom set. Don't worry about the chest plate sticker, I'll find a way to fix that. I'm just happy I got those nice custom stickers from you.

In any case, please take care and stick around, we will definitely need your advice from time to time.

Twin Moons still have some stock of Decals I just got some. :D

Its a shame the that they didnt have any 1/55 stock as myself and Skull-1 would have cleaned them out.

Devin please do consider making a Decal how to someday as Im sure it will be apreciated by everyone here.

Am I correct in thinking that to make stickers "properly" is a similar process to making decals. I ask because I have a suplier who has several dry ink printers that do all metalics and white inks and suposidly can print on most surfaces including clear Vinyal. If I am correct I would consider getting one to print up some stuff for myself. I am a liitle aprehensive about getting a Alps printer after what you have said.

Devin, sorry to see you go but I certainly understand. Having applied several hundred of your decals on all of the customs I have done I can verify there high quality. In fact they have seemed to get better over the years. It will however put a crimp on me cranking out customs. Every custom I have done has had your decals. I am not sure I would want to do one with stickers, I don't think it would look right. However this may not be a bad thing. It will allow me to get out of the custom rut I have been in and dabble in other things. Thanks again for your support of our hobby.

Devin, sorry to see you go but I certainly understand. Having applied several hundred of your decals on all of the customs I have done I can verify there high quality. In fact they have seemed to get better over the years. It will however put a crimp on me cranking out customs. Every custom I have done has had your decals. I am not sure I would want to do one with stickers, I don't think it would look right. However this may not be a bad thing. It will allow me to get out of the custom rut I have been in and dabble in other things. Thanks again for your support of our hobby.

Yeap, I was gonna get those decals of the MGs and have you do the customs. I hope someone will takeover this decal business.

ahhh... sorry to hear your leaving the business Devin. But thank you sooo much for your hard work. I hope that you can help out the next person who decides to take up this ongoing project. Will you still have the graphics saved on a disc? Well good luck on your PHD, that's where the real money will becoming in once your done! See you around the boards. ;):D:p:lol:

oh man im suddenly teriffied to put my Anasazi Decals on my custom!!!

what if i mess up......!!!!!!! :wacko:

dang i might have to hire someone to put them on

these decals are pricless now!

Edited by Razor x

Tamim isn't set up to do production--he's a distributor. Plus, he and I parted ways several months ago. He stopped replying to my emails about replenishing his supply of sold out sets. I was getting a lot of emails from frustrated TMP customers about the lack of availability of certain sets, when I would send TMP more, etc. I ended up having to fill the orders myself, which is exactly what I didn't want to do and why I had a distributor in the first place. <_< I'm not sure what happened on his end since I never received responses (maybe he's just really busy), but I decided to stop doing business with him due to the lack of communication. I had started talks with someone else to host my decals on their site, but then the ALPS news hit and I decided to shut down the business.

Why don't you sell masters to twin moon???Maybe they are interested

Tamim isn't set up to do production--he's a distributor. Plus, he and I parted ways several months ago. He stopped replying to my emails about replenishing his supply of sold out sets. I was getting a lot of emails from frustrated TMP customers about the lack of availability of certain sets, when I would send TMP more, etc. I ended up having to fill the orders myself, which is exactly what I didn't want to do and why I had a distributor in the first place. <_< I'm not sure what happened on his end since I never received responses (maybe he's just really busy), but I decided to stop doing business with him due to the lack of communication. I had started talks with someone else to host my decals on their site, but then the ALPS news hit and I decided to shut down the business.

SELL IT TO YAMATO(THEY NEED IT)!! WE NEED DECALS!!!!!!!!

SELL IT TO YAMATO(THEY NEED IT)!! WE NEED DECALS!!!!!!!!

Hasegawa might be better suited to do it as their decals are good quaility. Yamato would just turn them into stickers and we`d be no better off. That said How would you get eiather Hasegawa or Yamato to even listen to your mails or phone calls etc.

Besides learning Japanese, we'd probably have to dangle a large amount of cash in front of them. :(

Hasegawa might be better suited to do it as their decals are good quaility. Yamato would just turn them into stickers and we`d be no better off. That said How would you get eiather Hasegawa or Yamato to even listen to your mails or phone calls etc.

This is the most depressing thread ever. Well Dev, at least you'll still be around to help with advice! You've helped me out more than I can say. I'm glad I was able to buy some sets off you before you stopped making them! I knew it was a good move to get those extras. Good luck with the PHD! Hopefully someone - seriously - can pick up where you are leaving off. It will suck without quality decals from here on out. (What the heck happened to takatoys?)

--Brian

Plus Hasegawa decals are the thickest in the industry. You want thin decals? Microscale. Nobody makes them thinner, nor can print finer. Cartograph is next. And there's a number of very good printers in Mexico and South America, which are often strangely 'anonymous'.

Of course, thinness and conformity are quite separate. Hasegawa are thick but conform well, while Academy are thin but stiff as cardboard.

I always have problems with Hase decals tho... apply even a drop of Poly Sol to them and they disintergrate... at least with Devin's you could apply a hefty dose of Sol that both made the decal conform and practically bonded the decal to the plastic... I always got the most seemless decals using Devin's stuff.

Looks like I joined the community a little late. I'd have liked to have a set of the Low Vis decals to put on my 1/48 Stealth. :(

I've been married for 10 years, so I understand your choice to move on. Best of luck.

Hang tight there !! you may still get your chance.

I guess I don't need to worry about putting your decals up on my site anymore :( This sucks, and I'm sorry I wasn't more responsive to the whole situation - was busy with my own marriage too (congrats! ). I wonder if Samuel Decal would be interested in producing your decals? I believe they also use an ALPS printer, but they've made no mention on their website about having to shut down (though, that's not stopping me from placing an order through them very soon).

http://www.samueldecal.com/

Not to hijack your thread either - but if anyone is interested in ordering decals from Samuel, message me - I am getting an order together, that I'd like to place by the beginning of December - so if anyones interested, let me know!

It would be great if he produces 1/48 macross decals also; i hope he know there a whole business waiting for him

Not to hijack your thread either - but if anyone is interested in ordering decals from Samuel, message me - I am getting an order together, that I'd like to place by the beginning of December - so if anyones interested, let me know!