The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

• 1 month later...

I got my stand alone a ouple of weeks back. I was frustrated with the toy because I couldn't deploy the landing gear with my fingertips (I almost lost a fingernail or two), then I tried with a paperclip and now I just love it. Yamato should've included one as an accessory. There's no way of deploying the landing gear without one, but with the paperclip is so easy I now do it all the time :D

Hey all....just a quick question about the recent 1/60's....since this is a 1/60 scale fig right? If so.....did they make it so you do not have to detatch the legs??? If so...then I may be interested in getting some new 1/60's. PLEASE let me know. THANKS.

:ph34r:

Hey all....just a quick question about the recent 1/60's....since this is a 1/60 scale fig right? If so.....did they make it so you do not have to detatch the legs??? If so...then I may be interested in getting some new 1/60's. PLEASE let me know. THANKS.

The Ghost doesn't have any legs to detach as it's a non transforming "accessory" for the VF-0 line of toys. All of the recent 1/60 (VF-0, YF-19, SV-51) toys are perfect transformation VF's meaning you don't have to detach the legs to transform it, unlike the 1/60 VF-1.

I think misterryno meant to ask a more general question about the 1/60 and not to the ghost in particular (which should belong to a different thread). The answer to the question about the 1/60 scale figs is:

The Macross Zero series is unlike the DYRL 1/60 series. The Macross Zero series 1/60 figs have a metal swing bar somewhat similar to the 1/48 line. Unlike the DRYL 1/60 figs where you literally have to pull out the legs and attach them to the fuselage for battroid mode.

Hope that helps clarify any speculation.

Dante74 & PsYcHoDyNaMiX,

Too both of you a thanks. And PsYcHoDyNaMiX, you are correct on both notes. I was only speaking of 1/60's in general and not the acces. And I am sure that this question belongs to a different thread, but this is where I was when I was pondering the question and I knew I could get an answer. So thanks again guys.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know where I can find drawings of the QF-2200D? Thanks.

Here ya go: VF-0S with Ghost Booster

You will find paint schemes of the Hasegawa kit here, including top views of the Ghost on the VF-0S.

Anyway, I just ordered two QF-2200D-A's and two QF-2200D-B's from HLJ.com (the first type is on sale now!) and can't wait until they get here. Anyway, according to the product discription "The set also includes four missile pods and two launcher pods to add to the Valkyrie's arsenal." I suppose this means the Ghost comes with extra weaponry, but I haven't found a single photo of it. Anybody here who can show this?

Here ya go: VF-0S with Ghost Booster

You will find paint schemes of the Hasegawa kit here, including top views of the Ghost on the VF-0S.

Anyway, I just ordered two QF-2200D-A's and two QF-2200D-B's from HLJ.com (the first type is on sale now!) and can't wait until they get here. Anyway, according to the product discription "The set also includes four missile pods and two launcher pods to add to the Valkyrie's arsenal." I suppose this means the Ghost comes with extra weaponry, but I haven't found a single photo of it. Anybody here who can show this?

It comes with those tan/beige missile pods that go on the top of the fighter and on the wings. It also comes with big fuel tanks for the wings.

This photo shows all the optional equipment attached.

It comes with those tan/beige missile pods that go on the top of the fighter and on the wings. It also comes with big fuel tanks for the wings.

This photo shows all the optional equipment attached.

Thanks for the link, but that picture I already knew of ofcourse! B))

So with the seperate Ghosts (not the set including the VF-0's) you'll also get the missilepods and fueltanks (I actually think they are weaponpods for mini missiles)? That's great!! Gives me a chance to upgrade my SV-51 with more firepower!! ^_^ ^_^

Very nice custom indeed!!

Anyhoo, with the VF-0S + Ghost booster set, you get additional missile pods and two other things. From what I've gathered here on the forum, these are extra fuel tanks. But I disagree. I think they are missile pods, just as the ones seen on the VF-17 from Macross 7:

vfx3dseptember1999p3.jpg

This is very likely, as in one of the final scenes of the final episode of M:0, you see Shin jettisoning all weapons to prevent the birdhuman killing him. But, and this might be used as a very good argument, the pods are never seen being used to launch missiles. Then again, they are also not being mentioned as being fuel tanks.

Edited by Remko

Very nice custom indeed!!

Anyhoo, with the VF-0S + Ghost booster set, you get additional missile pods and two other things. From what I've gathered here on the forum, these are extra fuel tanks. But I disagree. I think they are missile pods, just as the ones seen on the VF-17 from Macross 7:

vfx3dseptember1999p3.jpg

This is very likely, as in one of the final scenes of the final episode of M:0, you see Shin jettisoning all weapons to prevent the birdhuman killing him. But, and this might be used as a very good argument, the pods are never seen being used to launch missiles. Then again, they are also not being mentioned as being fuel tanks.

Those are actually the swiveling leg fast pack units on the VF-17 there. From the MMM: fighter battroid details

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that they were officially droptanks, but can't remember where... maybe it was the yamato instructions or something... but I had assumed they were droptanks initially anyway, just seems obvious to me... maybe they were coincidentally empty when shin jettisoned his weapons. ;)

• 1 month later...
O_O Four ghosts and no VF-0s?? Time for your wallet to scream Remko!

Yup, I definately need some VF-0's (or is that VF-0S ??) :lol:^_^ I'm still hoping for a VF-0D 1/60th though...

Besides... I have some other expensive hobbies as well... For one thing, books. At present mostly about military subjects, and especially Maritime forces. Then my other "BIG" hobby: Diecast construction equipment in 1/50th scale. I've just seen what will be released this year, and it's going to be an expensive 2009...

Oh well... :wacko: :wacko: