The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

Shin's combo pack comes with a more solid-colored light gray version of the Ghost. The stand alone Ghost comes with the blue and gray markings and can be connected to either the existing VF-0A or the the VF-0S.

Got my ghost. Here's my mini review:

The ghost is a piece of moulded plastic. Nothing near an engineering marvel. So everyone knows that by now.

Being a piece of moulded plastic, i would've expected some kinda complexity involved when you attach it the VF-0S (yeah i put mine on Roy). I was kinda disappointed though that the parts where it attaches itself to the valk is not secure, I feel.

It attaches and "locks" at only one point, which is when the ghost's forward canards are folded down, and it becomes into "pegs" to be put under the plastic "humps" that you're supposed to remove from your VF-0 and replace with the ones that came with the ghost. The new humps have a cavity for you to put the rocket launcher another cavity for the ghost's canards to go into. This is the only part where your ghost will connect to your VF-0. The ghost's back just slides in between the tail fins of the VF-0 and doesn't lock or anything. It just slides.

If having one locking point wasn't bad enough, the "humps" that came with the ghost didn't fit tightly into my VF-0. They're loose as heck and come off if i turned the bird upside down. No barrel rolls for me. Easily fixable with nail polish i reckon, but I never got around to that. That said, the ghost is just "sitting" itself on my Valk. Any gentle nudge will knock it over.

Pros: At least they tampo printed the kites......

Cons: Loose "hump". Not enough locking points between the ghost and the VF-0. Doesn't feel secure.

Got mine as well today (Thanks Samurai Monkey again for quick and hassel free services).

Agreed with wolfx, the locking sucks but is OK if you don't flip the plane upside down. And yes, it is just a mould, but a nice one when it sit on a VF-0. Would have been nice if the wings can sweep, considering its cost.

If it is displayed alone, it looks like a $50 plastic frog, but it look sh*t hot when it humps the Vf-0. I didn't like the 0S combo, so I tried it on the 0A, and I liked it. :)

[attachmentid=42575]

post-3608-1179488988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Auto Pilot Off's pic is of a VF-OS doing the cobra maneuver. If you've seen the last episode of Mac Zero it should be familiar to you. If his pics aren't showing then that's the problem.

Came home and was able to see them...... stupid work proxy <_<

?

Fat Chance. I had no luck trying to place my Eva-05 Wing Revoltech with my VF-0A Shin.

Sorry for the inconvenience, that's all they can muster, bah, so i cancelled and made another order.

Can't win with HLJ's one track system.

Yeah, I've had something similar happen with a rather large order as well. They shipped six items in three separate shipments. (keep in mind that shipping from Japan to Europe is ex-friggin-spensive, and HLJ only use EMS when the value exceeds a certain amount)

I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. :(

I was originally planning to pick up the Shin combo but opted for this instead since I don't have room for another zero and dropping $50 is a lot better than dropping $200. I like it although it is a bit pricey for what you get, but this is Yamato after all so that is par for the course. There are a lot of display options for this item. I was thinking about having it suspended above my VF-0S and VF-0A, but now that I've played with it I really like it attached to the 0A in fighter and battloid modes. Looks like I'll be changing the display around a lot.

The ghost is a decent stand alone craft. Nice and sleek. The rear landing gears are really hard to deploy. In fact, I haven't succeeded yet. The panel that must be removed to place the droid brain on the ghost is REALLY tight. I had to use a tool to pry it off. The fit of the droid brain panel is much better. The droid brain doesn't look bulky and out of place like I thought it would.

The booster mode setup has some problems. The only attachment point is two little tabs that go under the replacement tank pieces. The rear struts just sit on the zero. The original tank pieces on the zero are a real bugger to get off and the replacement pieces are really loose. All the included replacement tanks are white plastic. The gray set is painted. The gerwalk looks great but it worries me since the bulk of the weight of the ghost is sitting on the tail/backpack just past the hinge. I'm afraid that this may warp the joint over time. The battloid mode is a little better. The entire weight of the ghost is supported by the two tabs that slide under the tanks. This is a bit of a problem since, as I said above, the tanks don't attach very tightly. The rear struts don't even touch the zero since the tailfins/backpack doesn't lie flat thanks to the tailfin hook. The fighter mode is great for display but you won't be doing any barrel rolls since the ghost just kind of sits there as opposed to being securely attached, All the modes look nice with the ghost attached. This attachment of the ghost just doesn't seem as well thought out as the VF-1 fast pack attachment. Maybe the production of the ghost was an afterthought.

The colors are quite nice. The ghost colors blend well with the 0A and are just different enough so that both aircraft appear to be distinct entities. I like this since I always got the idea that the ghost was strapped onto the Zeros as a spur of the moment solution to the problem of getting somewhere fast.

The missile pods and fuel tanks look nice. The tanks are painted and the pods are molded in color.

geez, it sucks to know how the Ghost is attached to the VF-0. Yamato should have done more thorough designing for a more sturdy mechanism for the Ghost. I guess Yamato is more interested to cut the production costs rather than to keep their customers happy <_< . Well Yamato, you aint gonna get my piece of dough for this crappy frog-like thing. Not that I hate Yamato, its just that this time around, Ghost wont have enough pulling force to move my cash outta my wallet, except if they're sold at around, say USD 25 maybe? :rolleyes:

aaajin

Have I missed something here? I was perusing toysrus.co.jp and a found these pics. The shades of color look a little off to me. Unggh, Never mind needs to get some sleep. Probably the flash from the camera. The vf0, atfirst looked stark white.

post-404-1180243608_thumb.jpg

post-404-1180243624_thumb.jpg

post-404-1180243636_thumb.jpg

Edited by scand

Have I missed something here? I was perusing toysrus.co.jp and a found these pics. The shades of color look a little off to me. Unggh, Never mind needs to get some sleep. Probably the flash from the camera. The vf0, atfirst looked stark white.

That's because these pics are from the VF-0A not the VF-0S which is white.

Picked up the stand alone Ghost last Friday. Will have a review up soon-ish.

Got it mounted on a VF-0S in fighter mode at the moment.

No problem with removing the top panel on mine and while the rear landing gears are a bit hard to deploy, it's certainly not impossible.

Graham

Picked up the stand alone Ghost last Friday. Will have a review up soon-ish.

Got it mounted on a VF-0S in fighter mode at the moment.

No problem with removing the top panel on mine and while the rear landing gears are a bit hard to deploy, it's certainly not impossible.

Graham

HA!!!

I finally got a toy before The Mighty Graham HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Anyway, he's right those landing gear are a biotch to lower.

But when you get em' down it is so worth it. . . .

It looks nice sitting next to the to the 1/60 VFs

Graham

Anyway, he's right those landing gear are a biotch to lower.

I'd rather have landing gears that are secured tightly and hard to deploy than landing gears that fold up under the weight of the VF every two minutes. <cough> 1/60 VF-1 <cough>

New pics of the VF-0A Shin Variant with Ghost Booster boxart and contents, would have to say that a better boxart could have been done, instead its just the same as that of the VF-0A boxart with different graphics. Hopefully the improvements are being done especially on the shoulders and forearms by reinforcing them in pom..meanwhile enjoy..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by recon

I have a question for anyone that own the stand alone Ghost. Is the Ghost very light in weight? The reason I'm asking is that I just can't imagine the VF-0A standing up straight without something to support it with all the added weight of the Ghost on its back.

I have a question for anyone that own the stand alone Ghost. Is the Ghost very light in weight? The reason I'm asking is that I just can't imagine the VF-0A standing up straight without something to support it with all the added weight of the Ghost on its back.

It sounds like it would slip off easily when standing in B mode, too.

That's too bad.

What's the big deal with the box art :huh: ?

I think it looks good, if you want better box art it might run you more cash.

And as much as I like Yamato (they've already got me up to my eyebrows in preorders),

I don't want to shell out money for a fancy box. (Did that with Toynami 3x's but the 4th \Voltron/ was a charm.)

All in all IMHO Yamato's boxes are outstanding!!! (ducking rocks, flames, flaming rocks and catapulted boulders, etc, etc. . .)

The pics on the box show the toy off beautifully, it even has a flap on the front to show the toy in the box.

What more could you ask for? :unsure:

But with all that aside. . . .

YES I agree the box is huge, but it is also sturdy and stable for shipping.

To me that is its real purpose, sure they could fill the box with styrefoam; but all that squeaking when you pull the toy out is like nails on a chalkboard. . . :wacko:

:lol:

And to answer your Q about the Ghost's weight,

It is pretty light yet sturdy. . .

Edited by DARKWIND