The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

In my defense, I've only had the 0S for like a week or two :)

Amenbo says the drone Ghost attaches to the VF-0S so all is good there. I'm placing one big ol' order at the end of the month and I'm gonna have it shipped via boat. I'll let you all know what I think when I get it in July :D

Does Amenbo also say if the Stand alone drone has the other attachements the Shin w/ Ghost Done has? Fuel tanks/missiles etc?

It specificially says 0S but I'm still in the office so I don't have the link to Amenbo in English handy. It says something very similar to how I've written it above. Maybe it says "Fits with VF-0s" meaning plural VF-0. Either way, Amenbo says the drone can definitely be put on the Valk (if it fits on a 0S it has to fit on the 0A).

if its one thing yamato has learned its to make every valk release armor capable.

they made that mistake with the 1/60 VF-1 so i highly doubt they're going to make the same mistake again.

i'm just guessing here but i think they're going to make the reactive armor as well. why else would there be 2 slots on each side of the backpack? :D

if its one thing yamato has learned its to make every valk release armor capable.

they made that mistake with the 1/60 VF-1 so i highly doubt they're going to make the same mistake again.

i'm just guessing here but i think they're going to make the reactive armor as well. why else would there be 2 slots on each side of the backpack? :D

I seriously hope you're right.

Roy's VF-0S in Reactive armor would look great in my display case next to Ivanov's black SV-51! :rolleyes:

I need to get me a couple of Flexistands to pose them as if they were on the carrier deck duking it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The local pre-order for the standalone Ghost, and the Shin+Ghost just started... 250 SGD!!! for the Shin!!!

I checked out the pix on Yamato and I still think the aerodynamics are @#$ked up:

[attachmentid=40271]

Ghost details:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1011

Shin details:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1010

post-75-1170909069_thumb.jpg

Edited by drifand

Man, must be nice not to have to pay shipping. $165 for a giftset? I'd' take that. I think I'm going to be payinig closer to $185 to have mine shipped via boat.

Nah, the broken backpack on my bro's 0S has crossed the pain threshold for me. I'm skipping out on all current releases until I hear things have really improved. More for everyone to 'enjoy'!

I wonder if Graham is actually going to tell us how his latest meeting with Yamato went? I'm eager to hear if there even will be a second-issue 0S.

A reissue is never in doubt - it's whether anything's been FIXED. And if so, you can almost bet it'll come out on a minor repaint first to scoop up some dollars. Then followed by a proper reissue. See how Yamato's going about the break-worthy Garland:

1. Troubled first release;

2. Fixed 'brownie' which few actually want;

3. Fixed ultra expensive metallic red DVD edition;

4. ????

5. PROFIT!

Actually, if you think about it, if Yamato re-issues a 'fixed' version immediately after the original release, I'm sure it'll get fans even more mad for Yamato not getting it 'right' the first time.

At least by going about it in a roundabout way, Yamato introduces 'new' products with improvements, and by re-issuing the orignial only later it'll appease the early adopter fans who can say that at least they got theirs a much earlier than the rest, faults and all. :) Your money, your choice to wait or get on early, caveat emptor ;)

I'm still keen to find out if the additonal attachments like the rocket pods and fuel tanks (?) will be included with the standalone Ghost. Those attachments are pretty much the main draw for me in getting the Ghost anyway! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, if you think about it, if Yamato re-issues a 'fixed' version immediately after the original release, I'm sure it'll get fans even more mad for Yamato not getting it 'right' the first time.

will it? i don't think so. yamato has improved every single macross toy they've released and while it may of pissed off some of the fans, the majority have been more than happy....

1/72 yf-19 - fixed in 2nd edition

1/72 vf-11b - fixed in 2nd edition and FP version

1/72 yf-21 - not really fixed but sort of

1/60 vf-1 - fixed when moving to the super and strikes

1/60 vf-1D - fixed to allow FPs

1/48 vf-1 roy and max - re-released with fixes.

1/100 konig - 2nd release fixed(not much of fix other than the hidden arm missiles)

1/60 VF-0S - fixed when the VF-0A was released

as much as i hate not getting a good one from the start, atleast they make an effort to listen to their customers and improved their toys when needed...and i would imagine very few toy companies would actually do this at all.

• 1 month later...

god I'm anxious to get that sucker. I hope though that they'll provide undented dorsal fuel tanks for those of us who wish to display the Ghost and VF-0A individually.

Is there any way to know the exact date (day) of release of the VF-0A plus Ghost?

I am a cloth myth collector so I know that Bandai usually release them at the end of the month. Don`t know where to look for yamato, though.

I see...so i guess it will be June. Also, did the single ghost model get release yet?

On HLJ is still on pre-order for April?

nah, probably july. :lol:

no the stand alone ghost hasn't come out yet.

if any new macross item comes out, you'll see a new thread dedicated to it with lots of pictures.

i'm not sure how often you come to the site but stopping by twice a week or so will keep you up to date on all things macross.

Apparently no one noticed yet this page about the stand-alone Ghost :) :

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgForm=Product...ate=review.html

IPB Image

It seems to finally come with complete equipement, not just the Ghost itself, and IMHO it is (quite surprisingly) not looking bad on top of the VF-0A... ^_^

Edited by Friedric P

i'm planning on purchasing one of the ghosts, probably the stand alone seeing as i have no interest in purchasing the bundle.

i know the bundle is Shins version but i'll use my imagination and pretend like the white stripe is there. he, who knows, i might cave in and buy both. :p

Edited by do not disturb

again i ask if we will get the 1hite top parts of the 0S to attch the ghost?

Well, according to this:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1011

it does come with the parts for use the VF-0A and VF-0S :)

Also the street date from the link is...発売日 2007年4月27日 予定

27 Apr... tomorrow!