The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

i think all who like the ghost are sold on the shin set, its only the single set thats the issue. ill hold off till i see what we get and what colours it is.

im also curious about whether the shin type has wheels. i mean i figure it would, but then we have never seen pics off the plane of it, only the camo one...

Does anyone know if the Ghost comes with missile bay-doors or something? Maybe even a Fast Pack for it :D

I must confess, that I always thought it was Shin on his VF-0, but just realized it was just a Ghost fighter kicking serious butt!!!

(Shin you freaking cheater, those 4 doesn't count!!!)

Just in case you don't know what am I talking about, and are as blind as I was, I provide some pics. Please bare with me :rolleyes:

?

[attachmentid=38932]

[attachmentid=38935]

[attachmentid=38936]

post-2770-1165988478_thumb.jpg

post-2770-1165988537_thumb.jpg

post-2770-1165988923_thumb.jpg

Let’s see,

In the OVA the stand alone ghost had internal missile bays because it was meant to act as a stand alone fighter.

The ghosts strapped to the VF-0’s were striped down versions that were basically just an engine and control surfaces.

Arkham thanks for the news picks that comfirms what was suspected from Valk1J's photo two pages back.

While the camo Ghost may be more accurate than the Shin "Fast Packed" Ghost I still do think it will not increase in popularity.

But, I do see one being purchased and the sensor pod on top recast and sold on the side if the Shin Ghost comes with out.

Since it takes photo captures to verify colors, what does Roy's Ghost look like? I always assumed it was the same as Shin's and never thought the camo was real.

That what I get for assumptions but then I have always been an --- :p

Edit: When looking at the larger pictures of the ghost how many times do you click on the wrong X? :(

Edited by Fly4victory

I hate to say it but, I'm still steamed over the snow job yamato pulled on us, i'm boycotting the shin version/ghost.

Which makes me kinda sad, since one of the reasons I got the zero in the first place was so I could display it with the ghost pack on. Oh well...

Does anyone know if the Ghost comes with missile bay-doors or something? Maybe even a Fast Pack for it :D

I must confess, that I always thought it was Shin on his VF-0, but just realized it was just a Ghost fighter kicking serious butt!!!

(Shin you freaking cheater, those 4 doesn't count!!!)

Just in case you don't know what am I talking about, and are as blind as I was, I provide some pics. Please bare with me :rolleyes:

?

[attachmentid=38932]

[attachmentid=38935]

[attachmentid=38936]

Hey Arkham, what screen cap software are you using?

I agree with what you're saying. If I understand you correctly... who gives a crap about it being exactly like the line art? I keep hearing battying upon battying upon battying about how it's not line art accurate, not anime accurate, not whatever accurate, not approved by this dude or that dude. Who freakin cares? We get kickass toys, who cares if the nose is 2 degrees angled differently than the line art? I think some people have to stop being so nit picky and whiney and get the broomsticks out of their asses. Does it really matter if the stripe is red or white? Honestly, is it really worth all the battying and complaining? *Gets off his soap box* I'll stop now.

My recomendation is to start using the ignore feature. The people whining the most are usually contributing the least anyway, so it's not like you're going to miss out on anything by blocking them. Trust me, the quality of these boards improves greatly with a bit of judicious ignoring.

Is Yamato retconning (or simply screwing up) the designations? From our previous discussion, and the compendium, they are the QF-2200A and QF-2200D, not QF-2200D-A and D-B.

All previous Macross stuff from all series has followed post-McNamara US-style designations perfectly (why do you think the Ghosts have a Q in them?), but now we have this weird D-A and D-B nomenclature. Unless I see some "quote straight from HFH" I'm going to assume Yamato is wrong.

You know, 160 USD for the bundle doesn't sound too bad at all considering my VF-0A cost almost that much... I'm almost tempted to save up for the bundle...

Don't let the fact you paid too much money for the 0A to convince you to pay too much money on the giftset!!! :p

I just figured out what the standalone Ghost's color scheme reminded me of. MS32a/1b. US WW2 anti-submarine camo, very rare variant, best known for being on the USS Iowa. The colors look close, the pattern is roughly similar. (wide, alternating, sharp-edged angled bands) Though being symmetrical left/right defeats the whole purpose of that type of camo.

Yamato: Here's our prototype Hikaru VF-1S...

SK: Get rid of the red and black stripes, I never should have given the Skull squadron Power Ranger colors. they should have all been low-vis, excpet for Roy (takes a long drag and reflects).

That's gotta' be the funniest bit I've read in a long time. As for Yamato's latest move, I expected no less from them. I'm just glad that I can now "stack and attack" my VF-0's just like those Wheeled Warriors...

I dunno, I'm really happy with the 0A for 160, but over 200 for the boxed set, and 60 for the Ghost seem high....

I was just teasing you. Clearly I'm in a bit of a mood regarding the toy pricing right now. Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay. I mean, let's say I think $145 shipped is a better price on the 0A, I'm still just fussing over $15.

When will HLJ have the VFOA+GHOST set up for pre-order? I'll place a BBTS pre-order "just in case"... but HLJ would do well to put this one up on their site...

VFTF1

ps ... that's the most beautiful Valk I've ever seen...I really appreciate the realistic grey colors and agree with the no acrobatic/power rangers sentiment... if something costs this much, it shouldn't look "childish"... that's why I like my ELINT seeker so much.... this thing is great!

When will HLJ have the VFOA+GHOST set up for pre-order? I'll place a BBTS pre-order "just in case"... but HLJ would do well to put this one up on their site...

VFTF1

ps ... that's the most beautiful Valk I've ever seen...I really appreciate the realistic grey colors and agree with the no acrobatic/power rangers sentiment... if something costs this much, it shouldn't look "childish"... that's why I like my ELINT seeker so much.... this thing is great!

its already there

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...mp;Word=macross

Pre-order with savings at HLJ.

1/60 QF-2200D-A Ghost: 4,560 Yen, €29.41 Euros, $39.05 USD

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00054

1/60 VF-0A Kudo Shin w/QF-2200D-B Ghost Booster: 18,810 Yen, €121.30 Euros, $161.07 USD

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00056

Those prices are great, if only shipping is not a arm and a leg.

The expected USA shipping on the Ghost will be $12 for SAL and $23 for EMS

The expected USA shipping on the 1/60 VF-0a/ghost boosters is going to be $56 and up for EMS ONLY.

The final price will only be a little bit cheaper than BBTS.

I got a question though. Will there be an option for a VF-0S Bundle later? I prefer the Ghost that is with Shin.

It would make more sense for me to buy all my VF-0As in a bundle and just the solitary VF-0Ss if there is no bundle, and they are not going to release that colour by itself.

Edited by kensei