The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

I think they'll sell only one ghost pack, i was looking to the pictures and i noticed that de Canards and the "rabbit ears" are removable.

if you look to the second picture you'll notice my point

I'll be really glad that you can make ewithwer the Ghost drone or the Ghost Booster but what's bugging me is the color difference between the 2?

I'm still hoping that you can make either one of them from a single Ghost.

Thanks for the link ikhii. :)

I'll just insert the pics in here.

credit goes to whoever made them. Sorry, can't read Japanese.

The Japanese reads "Don't steal my pictures or I will chop off your thingy with my samurai sword while you sleep" hahaha. Just messing with ya (I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that)??

Does anyone here have the vf low vis 1. Well, i dont!! I have to say, the vf-0a is one of my favorites, along with the vf-1s only above. I have no regrets whatsoever, vf-0a is simply a great toy. Now for these add ons. Well, since i am planing to keep these in robot mode only, unless they add a nice look to the robot mode, i would only consider buying one for a vf-1s 1st version, which would stay in plane mode at all times due to its slopiness. And thats if the gbp armor that they will make for it dont fit the first version.

All in all, other than displaying the ghost alone in plane mode, i am not really affected by it, and am a proud owner of the vf-0a. I love my vf-0a so much, i dont mind having a second one, if the head would be different.

Next things on my list are as follows:

1) GBP (a dark one, maybe the new one comming, or that hummer one, thats the bomb) and/or the one for a zero series.

2) yf-21 1/60 (i would be skiping the yf-19 unless they made a darker skeem, sorta like a low vis one, pls make a dark one yamato). Also would perhaps get the yf-11. On all cases, exept maybe the 21, i would wait for second release.

3) SDF1. Wave is making a new one, if it gets good reviews, its coming to my home. If not, maybe yamato can make one.

4) Masterpiece transformers, if they keep making new one, and some Mastergrade or Perfect Grade Gundams.

Seriously, the idiot at yamato who makes these coloring decisions needs to be shot.

It all started with the purple YF-21 Fast Pack version... :huh:

Does anyone here have the vf low vis 1

Yes, yes I do :D

or that hummer one, thats the bomb

That's just a model right? I can't imagine Yamato ever making that thing (not that I would mind).

Regardless of whether or not it's 'anime accurate' or accurate to HFH's original concept idea, I love the color scheme of the Yamato VF-0A. Best toy they have released so far IMO. Looks stunning in all 3 modes.

I'll happily buy the Shin Version as well and a brown one if they ever release it. But, then I'm just a Yamato whore, so wadda I know? :p

Graham

Graham, any news on wether the grey ghost together with the arnaments and missile pods would be released together with VF0A Shin variant as a giftset or as a separate add on set?

PS: Really thinking of selling away my CF VF0A now..dun wish to have two planes of the same color scheme with only differences in the stripes and pilot :unsure:

OK, I understand the differences between the CF and the Shin 0A in the Anime. CF is greyish brown and Shin's was A light blue/grey and light grey with white stripes. I also understand the the HFH said the the Yamato 0A is the "real" color.

What I don't get is everyone seeming to say that this , Shin 0A, is a different color than the original 0A release. It looks the same to me except for the white stripes and pilot. Am I missing something? The 0A's release colors where much more subdoed than they originally looked and it looks fantastic. Now IF this Shin 0A has the more lightblue/grey and light grey look that it had in the anime then I'd be tempted to buy.

Graham can you elaborate or clarify what the plan is? Coloring I mean.

Chris

Chris

Well... looks like all the 0S and CF Zero dodging has paid off. If this IS a gift set, i'm getting it. My first Zero!

I do love the 1st CF though. I just can't buy that many valks! I just got '2' Soul of Choky Evas, 1 & 2.

Easing the pain of waiting for the YF-19 reviews!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ideally the VF0A shin variant should have being a greyish blue scheme with the most of the dark parts replaced by either white or a lighter grey..with reference to the hasegawa paint scheme. Really hope yamato does make the extra effort in making these subtle changes so as to differentiate the VF0A CF from the Shin ver.

Cheers

I think if the ghost DOES come seperately, they will make it avkle to attach to the Zeroes. I mean who would buy a ghost that couldnt attach just on its own? Maybe half of the really hardcore fans, and less of the general "Thats cool" population.

I suspect the grey/light grey one will be solo, but come with some other stuff and still be able to attach to the zero. The one we see mounted will come with the Shin zero, but have the parts to make it a seperate drone.

with the ghost...without the ghost...at this point, we should know yamato is going to milk the VF-0 mold as well as the ghost mold, just like the milked the VF-1 mold, GBP mold, and any other mold they can milk....wouldn't you?

i used to be completist but this hobby is way too expensive if i'm going to try and purchase every toy yamato makes. now i just get whatever i think is worth owning and i'm a happier man for it. :)

if you're one of those people that has to have every single toy/varient yamato makes, its really not yamatos fault, but your own. in the end its your choice whether to fork over the money, otherwise you got some psychological issues you really need to workout. :D

with the ghost...without the ghost...at this point, we should know yamato is going to milk the VF-0 mold as well as the ghost mold, just like the milked the VF-1 mold, GBP mold, and any other mold they can milk....wouldn't you?

i used to be completist but this hobby is way too expensive if i'm going to try and purchase every toy yamato makes. now i just get whatever i think is worth owning and i'm a happier man for it. :)

if you're one of those people that has to have every single toy/varient yamato makes, its really not yamatos fault, but your own. in the end its your choice whether to fork over the money, otherwise you got some psychological issues you really need to workout. :D

I think most people here agrees with you on this. Must of us can't afford EVERY toy Yamato produces and IMO that's why all the fuss about these releases: to know exactly what Yamato is trying to sell us and to decide what to buy and what to skip.

If the shown Shin version is definitive, for instance, I'd be really pissed if I had purchased the Cannon Fodder, cause as far as we know, they're almost the same.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I think most people here agrees with you on this. Must of us can't afford EVERY toy Yamato produces and IMO that's why all the fuss about these releases: to know exactly what Yamato is trying to sell us and to decide what to buy and what to skip.

If the shown Shin version is definitive, for instance, I'd be really pissed if I had purchased the Cannon Fodder, cause as far as we know, they're almost the same.

i feel you there. not everyone on this site has money to throw around to buy varients of these high priced toys. if i had to make a choice, i'd try to purchase a core fighter flown by a core character and leave it at that, screw all repaints.

its just blows when you only have the money for 1 of them, then they release non-core scheme before a core one. you're left sitting there looking at pics of everyone elses toy, on the fence about buying one, wondering if they'll release the varient you want. then you finally break down and buy one, only to find out NOW they're making the one you were waiting for. :( and to make matters worse, thats the one that comes with the extra whatever it is.....grrrrrrr!

Edited by do not disturb

i just thought of something(yeah it happens time to time, i swear!)by the looks of that one pic with all the yamato releases, i think the lighter ghost is only going to be sold with the shins VF-0A, while the darker grey varient is the one you can buy on its own. basically if you want the lighter ghost, you have to buy shins 0A.

i'm only guessing but i imagine thats the way they're planning on selling them since thats the way they showed them in the pic. either way, its no sweat off my nuts, someone here will get tired of it and sell it cheap.

I'll happily buy the Shin Version as well and a brown one if they ever release it. But, then I'm just a Yamato whore, so wadda I know? :p

Yeah Graham. That and the probable fact that buying almost every Macross release by Yamato keeps you in their good books :p

In any case, I do agree about the not-so-common-sensical release order but viewing from a business perspective, can't really blame them. Who'd buy the CF 0A after Shin 0A was released earlier? They probably took a hint from the 1/48 CF 1A sales, it being among the last few canon valks to be released.

Having said that, I'm glad I didn't rush out to get the 0A. In fact, I'm still waiting for a proper 2nd run of the 0S and will probably wait for the giftset to come along before making a move. Hope the yen grows weaker against the dollar!!!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Looks like they're trying to match the colors of the VF-0A and doing a bad job at it. But why?

Lets get some facts straight.

- VF-0A is announced. Great news!

- Kawamori states that Shin never flew a VF-0A with his own color scheme but instead flew a normal CF like all the other grunts. Thats not what I saw in the anime, but Kawamori knows best I guess.

- According to the HFH the CF color is grey instead of light brown. Again, thats not what we all saw in the anime, but Kawamori knows best I guess.

- The VF-0A is released and we all love it and forget about the fact that its non cannon.

- The Ghost gets announced. KEWL!!!

- Pics from a hobbyshow show the Ghost as being very light grey instead of dark grey like in the anime. And on top of that there's a Ghost in some weird colorscheme that matches that of a new non cannon 1/48 GBP.

- The Ghost at the hobbyshow is sitting on the back of a grey CF VF-0A with the white stripes we all know to be Shin's, but again, the colors are off.

Conclusion: Everything about the VF-0A turned out to be non cannon because none of the toys that are released by Yamato are ever shown in the anime.

One more question; WHY!!!!11

Looks like they're trying to match the colors of the VF-0A and doing a bad job at it. But why?

Lets get some facts straight.

- VF-0A is announced. Great news!

- Kawamori states that Shin never flew a VF-0A with his own color scheme but instead flew a normal CF like all the other grunts. Thats not what I saw in the anime, but Kawamori knows best I guess.

- According to the HFH the CF color is grey instead of light brown. Again, thats not what we all saw in the anime, but Kawamori knows best I guess.

- The VF-0A is released and we all love it and forget about the fact that its non cannon.

- The Ghost gets announced. KEWL!!!

- Pics from a hobbyshow show the Ghost as being very light grey instead of dark grey like in the anime. And on top of that there's a Ghost in some weird colorscheme that matches that of a new non cannon 1/48 GBP.

- The Ghost at the hobbyshow is sitting on the back of a grey CF VF-0A with the white stripes we all know to be Shin's, but again, the colors are off.

Conclusion: Everything about the VF-0A turned out to be non cannon because none of the toys that are released by Yamato are ever shown in the anime.

One more question; WHY!!!!11

Perhaps the toys aren't wrong.... and your TV color-settings are all screwed up :rolleyes:

?

Perhaps the toys aren't wrong.... and your TV color-settings are all screwed up

The color and the schemes are all wrong. I don't particularly care... and maybe people are me are the reason Yamato is doing it. They must have felt that the schemes in the show weren't attractive so now they're selling attractive schemes instead.

Perhaps the toys aren't wrong.... and your TV color-settings are all screwed up :rolleyes: ?

TV settings won't explain how the vf-0A itself is a bit darker than the one in the anime and the Ghost MUCH lighter than the anime... inconsistent inconsistencies... ^_^

Hence, it's not my snazzy HDTV that is failing me but the color blind eyes of yamato...

The color and the schemes are all wrong. I don't particularly care... and maybe people are me are the reason Yamato is doing it. They must have felt that the schemes in the show weren't attractive so now they're selling attractive schemes instead.

The color being off is a QC issue just as a loose elbow is... The whole look of the thing is altered when the colors are off... in this case, more than slightly.

For an addon we'll be paying good money for, they should have paid extra attention to color... paint the missle launchers metallic bronze, the fuel tanks dark drab grey, and the ghost, at least make the plastic about 40% darker... That's what I expect for the kind of money they call for these things...

Instead they make another ghost I've never seen in the anime, making that look better than the canon one... Seriously, some of the decisions yamato makes are so stupid, it stupifies me just thinking "how the hell?"

Ghost seen from a different angle:

http://www2.moeyo.com/img/06/11/25/3/353.html

I'm betting that the two ghosts are the same and like what a previous MW posted that you can just add the tail wings, canards to depict which one you want.

Why? The answer is staring at our faces. Yamato would'nt be making two mold of the Ghost and we all know that Yamato milks the molds until it's bone dry :)

The Ghost in the pic has landing gear bays. Yamato wouldn't want to mold a new undercarriage with no landing gear holes or bays for the Booster Ghost because it will be too expwensie for them :)

Same mold, different parts applied. Like many model kits. An F-15A and F-15D share 95% of their parts, but you only get the parts to build one version. There's like, 3 parts different, but you only get one set of those 3 critical, different parts. Want to have the other version? You have to buy the entire other kit, which has those 3 parts different.

Betting it's the same with the Ghost. While canards would most certainly fit on the booster version, canards only come with the drone version. Same for the canopy--the parts can be swapped, but a Ghost won't come with both types. No different than FP 1/48's--you can swap parts and they'll fit perfectly, but you won't get a Strike cannon when buying a Max or Milia, nor twin missile launchers with a DYRL Roy.