The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Godmars is indeed kickbutt - and I would put him right up there with Gunbuster, Dancouga, and Daimos as an "I want!" item.

The one thing that bothers me about Godmars - although this isn't his fault - is that the component robots don't turn into anything...

I guess I've just been conditioned by transformers that that is what is SUPPOSED to happen...

But it's a great accomplishment - that Godmars - no doubt.

VFTF1

I'm going to pretend that they turn into garbage cans, recycling bins, mail boxes and other public service depositories. Godmarz helps society by collecting it's mail and keeping it's cities clean!

I'm going to pretend that they turn into garbage cans, recycling bins, mail boxes and other public service depositories. Godmarz helps society by collecting it's mail and keeping it's cities clean!

That actually is a very very cool idea.

VFTF1

That actually is a very very cool idea.

VFTF1

Got it from ToyBoxDX where someone criticized Godmarz for looking like a bunch of trash cans. When I looked at Godmarz that way it actually made me appreciate it MORE. I'm going to look into getting some small USPS and recyclable logo decals. Way cooler than Captain Planet I tells ya! :)

Bandai seems to be making a good amount of effort so that God Mars and Daimos don't have any kibbles or parts-swap.

I might pick-up God Mars just because there are no extra sets of arms hanging out on his back.

My passion for the original chogokin Daimos has caused a mild form of childhood trauma, so this is particulary a good news for me.

Though the usual SOC price tag would rather cause adulthood trauma....

Edited by konimon

Eventually they will be mine.

All I tell myself is the following:

Transformers Animated (all of them) or...Daimos and God Mars?

The choice is so readily obvious.

SOC wins.

VFTF1

All of the above! (I hope)

I wasn't interested in Godmars much (though I have seen a few eps) untill I saw those finished pictures and realised quite what an accomplishment it is, it may even be a more complex and slicker toy then the Gunbuster which is my current fave SOC. It's just so smooth and perfect in both modes, Bandai worked real hard on this and it shows in spades.

To sum up, I am so getting a Godmars when I get paid on Monday.

I may get Black Sarena but will more likely wait and see if it goes on sale later on, I've notcied that the Specs (bar the Evas) don't seem to sell as well as the main SOC's.

Anyone seen any good pics showing how big the Black Serena is? It seems quite a high price compared to Bandai's other toys.

Hmm... that Black Serena mech is one ugly mish-mash of different colors and styles... why does the bland pink skinny mech turn into a big black immobile ugly mech that then gets lavender flight parts?

Other way around, he starts off in the BS, and suprises everyone by disengaging the armour and "oi oh hey it's Akito's pinky Aeste!!"

Another Black Serena gallery:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/spec/spec05/spec05.html

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/spec/spec05/spec051.html

I decided to cancel this one. There's just too much good stuff coming out now or in the near future that beats it in my book.

What's that white/red/blue Gundam-looking mech in the comparison shots?

Vostok 7

I'll be picking up my Black Selena sometime this week while I'm in Japan. I can barely wait, as I've been waiting for a toy or model of it since August of 98 when I saw the movie here in Japan. All I have now is a pretty crappy gashapon toy of it.

Got My Dynamite Gokin Great Mazinger this after noon

very nice. lots of stuff in the box . There are 5 pair of hands , 2 swords etc

post-3216-1207274804_thumb.jpg post-3216-1207310452_thumb.jpg

Edit:

also just received the Aoshima New Getter the Closed wing / weathered ,

Neo Getter Weathered . Should be getting Getter 1 weathered this week too.

post-3216-1207310470_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

Got my Godmars the other day. 200% awesome. My next 2 SOC purchases will be Raideen (not sure about which version yet) and Daimos.

Do you have Dancouga, Ideon or Iron Gear? I'm just wondering how tall Godmarz is compared to them.

Yes, my black selena shipped. Hopefully I'll get it faster than three weeks, hlj shipping is soooo long. I missed the days when they went through UPS

HLJ shipping takes no time for me... packages go from Japan, to JFK, to Albany B))

Edited by promethuem5

Japan, Sydney, Brisbane, local posty for me. But i go wih SAL, and lately it's been averaging over 3 weeks for me...

EMS? lol no time, 1 week max.

---

I usually go SAL from JAPAN to Minnesota in the U.S. It usually takes about a week and a half from HLJ and a week for j-list. Playasia takes 4 days and Simplyasia takes about 2 weeks.

Yeah fair enough.

Hey IXTL, have you any news on what type of weapons would be included in the new Rebuild Eva-02 SPEC?

I'm happy enough with the weapon pack that comes with the April release of Eva-02 SPEC TV, but if the weapons

set is a bit more varied than i might just cancel the TV version SPEC...

No news?

Yeah fair enough.

Hey IXTL, have you any news on what type of weapons would be included in the new Rebuild Eva-02 SPEC?

I'm happy enough with the weapon pack that comes with the April release of Eva-02 SPEC TV, but if the weapons

set is a bit more varied than i might just cancel the TV version SPEC...

No news?

No news yet and there probably won't be any until the first news about the 2nd Rebuild movie hits. By then we'll probably also see SPEC versions of Rebuild EVA-03, EVA-05 and EVA-06 as well.

Going by the TV and movie releases of EVA-01, the Rebuild movie version of EVA-02 might have lesser accessories/weapons since it is only meant to represent the EVA and its weapons as they appear in that specific movie while the TV version covers all 26 episodes and EoE.

I'll patiently wait for the Rebuild EVA-02 SPEC though. The Rebuild EVAs have a nicer sleeker body armour than the TV ones.

No news yet and there probably won't be any until the first news about the 2nd Rebuild movie hits. By then we'll probably also see SPEC versions of Rebuild EVA-03, EVA-05 and EVA-06 as well.

Going by the TV and movie releases of EVA-01, the Rebuild movie version of EVA-02 might have lesser accessories/weapons since it is only meant to represent the EVA and its weapons as they appear in that specific movie while the TV version covers all 26 episodes and EoE.

I'll patiently wait for the Rebuild EVA-02 SPEC though. The Rebuild EVAs have a nicer sleeker body armour than the TV ones.

Yeah, i am torn between waiting for the Rebuild, as it's an April release and i'm getting 2 1/60 YF-21's the same damn month.

lol.

I'll go and cancel, i don't care for the bozookas or particale rifle, the spear is nice but i can live without. :p

Really impressed with the SPEC 01 i bought off a member here, and i totally dig the swords. (only reason i bought it).

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie