The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

I think this is the second release of the original toy. I'm sure the repaint will follow. I'm hoping they made a few improvements but I'm not sure if they have or not. I'm just happy to be getting one. They were all sold out when I tried last time. The repaint looks interesting as well...I'm going to have to rewatch the series agian to think about that one. Supposedly you can attach like 9 or so of the vectors together if you want to. I know there used to be a vid of Kwaramori making some very interesting combinations out of 3-4 of the complete toys.

It's more than just a repaint, if we're both thinking of the military version Aquarion. I have the military version and from what I recall of the original Aquarion, the military version has a few cosmetic differences.

Now that I think about it, it might have a different head. Not sure about anything else.

You know what just occurred to me? It'd be bat-f*ing awesome if Bandai made a Dougram toy or two in the SoC line...they can do obscure Xabungle stuff, so why not FotS:Dougram???

Wasn't that on Takara-Tomy's plate? It would be the perfect follow up to the VOTOMS Dual Model Zwei series, although not likely to be 1/18 scale, of course. I/48 would be most excellent.

I am sold with L-Gaim. Always wanted a good quality L-Gaim.

The Daimos doesn't look as nice as the promo art works...I hope the final product would improve.

Cool scans, L-Gaim I want, Daimos looks very well done and I might buy it but I doubt it.

No mention of that mystery SRW SOC yet, guess we won't find out what it is they're planning for another month or two yet given that T-28 only has a little tiny teaser pic.

Ewww...

I prefer pre-dietmaster Tesujin....

This guy is just too chiselled.

VFTF1

To me Tetsujin just isn't Tetsujin unless he's fatter than sin. That said, I do like the 80's version, but I just try to think of it as some other super robot that bears some resemblance to T28.

Godmars is indeed kickbutt - and I would put him right up there with Gunbuster, Dancouga, and Daimos as an "I want!" item.

The one thing that bothers me about Godmars - although this isn't his fault - is that the component robots don't turn into anything...

I guess I've just been conditioned by transformers that that is what is SUPPOSED to happen...

But it's a great accomplishment - that Godmars - no doubt.

VFTF1