The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Thanks for the info =-)

Still a bit concerned on those hip things, but fingers crossed it all goes well

65 US for the pair is a pretty good price isn't it? Do u mind asking where from, or was it not an online store?

They were from Yahoo Japan Auction site. I think if you search Ebay, you should be able to get them for around $40 each comfortably. But definitely don't over-pay for these toys. Knowing Bandai, they are likely to re-issue, or come up with another version of the Unit-00 when the 2nd movie is released. I get the feeling they are holding back with the weapons. I say the Specs Evas are not a must have, but they good fun. I would wait for the realization and see the quality of that one.

Thanks for the info =-)

Still a bit concerned on those hip things, but fingers crossed it all goes well

65 US for the pair is a pretty good price isn't it? Do u mind asking where from, or was it not an online store?

That was a draft design that never got used for the OVA. Just another excuse to get Mazinger fans to buy more Mazingers. It is quite kirky, so I am tempted too.

Energer Z?? anyone got news on this?? J

ust saw it and added it to my toy want list:

SOCEnergerZ001.jpg

img01.jpg

Edited by Mowe

bah, you fools! He is totally cool cos he's got a motorcycle planted in his head instead of an aircraft and he's got a STUNT RAMP ON HIS BACK to launch off!

So glad to see this sucker comes under $250. Looks very posable!!!!

Godmarz.jpg

Pic Source: Bizzo from Robotjapan

Edited by Mowe

There hasn't been a lot of interest to me in the SOC line lately, I'm glad that other fans can get what they want but I hope they do some more 80's and nwer designs again fairly soon because I love lusting after the latest SOC but Godmars just isn't doing it for me, lol.

Speaking of lust, has anyone seen anything new on Konami's Gurren Lagann Great Impact model?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13491

It looks a high quality piece but I really need to know if it's going to be worth that price.

There hasn't been a lot of interest to me in the SOC line lately, I'm glad that other fans can get what they want but I hope they do some more 80's and nwer designs again fairly soon because I love lusting after the latest SOC but Godmars just isn't doing it for me, lol.

Speaking of lust, has anyone seen anything new on Konami's Gurren Lagann Great Impact model?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13491

It looks a high quality piece but I really need to know if it's going to be worth that price.

It comes with a 1/1 core drill... and it has metal... and it looks great... but Bandai could chuck out one with transforming and gatai action for that price IMO. It's a bit stiff too in my opinion for something so big and with no tranforming gimmicks.

Love the series but I might cancel the preorder if I don't see anything that justifies the high price or something soon. I'm in a state of lust-unlust for it :lol:

Edited by Twoducks

That Chunky Spec is on my watch list. Hope we see more of the aestivalis soon.

And more from the link posted by Tober:

kotobukiya-konami-044.jpg

Cute, they include the house backpack.

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.p....jpg/image.html

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.p....jpg/image.html

I might have to agree with Fort Max here.

Konami really isn't keeping my interest with these sub par shots of the Great Impact Gurren Lagann.

For $170 Bandai could work WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONDERS with the license. It's too bad they might not have a crack at it for a while.

Well I happen to like konami's high impact model. However I will agree that $170 for this toy is just not acceptable. If this was say $70 or maybe $90 I'd bite. I adore Gurren Lagann, but really I'm not willing to shell out money for every product out there.

Right now the YF-21 and SOC Godmars is on the top of my list.

Well I happen to like konami's high impact model. However I will agree that $170 for this toy is just not acceptable. If this was say $70 or maybe $90 I'd bite. I adore Gurren Lagann, but really I'm not willing to shell out money for every product out there.

Right now the YF-21 and SOC Godmars is on the top of my list.

Yep, same here. Not very impresed.

Both the Lagann and Baikanfu are nice but

the Lagann figure is neat but not on my list of must haves

nor was Baikanfu just dont know the history or anything so ....

at least this leaves room on my shelf for other stuff B))

• 2 weeks later...

So......

XS-01 = Eva Unit 01 (tv)

XS-02 = SPT Layzner

XS-03 = Eva Unit 01 (Rebuild)

XS-04 = Eva Unit 00 (Rebuild)

XS-05 = Dragonar 1

XS-06 = Nadeisco Black Salena?

XS-07 = ?????????????????????

XS-08 = Eva Unit 02 (tv)

What's XS-07 gonna be?