The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Bandai keep expanding their ever amazing SOC line and the figures are just getting more and more irresistible, so much so that we kinda spun Norikos Gunbuster thread onto other toys. :unsure:

With that in mind I'm starting this thread so we can all keep up to date on all new and future SOC toys:

Currently in production we have,

Gunbuster, (DX size Nov release/18'900yen) - OUT NOW!

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1949/5mb4.jpg

Scheduled

SOC Spec Eva-01,

(first of a new line. This has an inner angel body with lots of removable armour 7.5", Dec release/6'800yen)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1596/7io2.jpg

Walker Gallier, (from Xabungle) (5-6" Dec release, 8'800yen, with bonus robot kit)

http://toyboxst.inwards.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=2985

SOC Spec Blue Comet Lazyner (5.5" Size, will include a talking base, Feb release/7'800yen)

Giant God Ideon: (12" size, Mar release/19'800yen)

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59045

Forthcoming

There is also a new book out cataloguing the line,

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW23653

Edited by Fort Max

WHOA!!! Did you notice the Combattler V weapons set in that SOC book from HLJ? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That looks SICK!!! I recently acquired the HK Exclusive Twin Lancers when Combattler was re-issued because I slept on it the first time around.

[attachmentid=37457][attachmentid=37458]

[attachmentid=37459][attachmentid=37460]

[attachmentid=37461][attachmentid=37462]

post-515-1161874117_thumb.jpg

post-515-1161874137_thumb.jpg

post-515-1161874155_thumb.jpg

post-515-1161874189_thumb.jpg

post-515-1161874213_thumb.jpg

post-515-1161874238_thumb.jpg

I'm a total SOC junkie but I'm a bit 'meh' about the Walker Galliar and the Ideon. I bought a HCM Walker Galliar to keep my SOC Xabungle company so I doubt I'll get the SOC version, especially when the price is around $70. If I have some money in my bank I'll be getting the Gunbuster for sure.

Now if I won the lottery I would definitely be getting the Fewture Getters 2 and 3. I love my #1.

And the Aoshima black getter looks great too (the poor man's Fewture Ryoma, lol):

http://www.toysdaily.com/04topic/chogokin/...blackgetter.htm

In the picture of the new type EVA there's a small pic with the new EVA next to a black EVA unit. Looks like the newer SOC EVA's will be a different scale.

WHICH SUCKS!! :angry::angry::angry:

Yeah I'm glad I only ever brought one SOC Eva before.

I keep meaning to also buy a unit 02 at the very least.

At least they've used the new size properly, more detailed armour then before, even more accurate prog knife holster and the horn looks far more imposing/less likely to get lost in the carpet. :lol:

That eva-01 looks good and so much more poseable than the others.

edit:

was just wondering if anybody else had picked up the Robby the Robot from X plus.

its one heavy diecast figure.

Edited by Macross73

The most recent SOC I purchased was Gold Lightan, who for some weird reason I think is all kinds of cool. It's basically just a heavy gold cube that turns into a nicely articulated robot.

That upcoming EVA looks really good. I have a hard time imagining myself buying yet another EVA-01 figure, but dang...it just looks so cool with the removable armor. Grr...

The Eva's odd beauty proved too much and a quick check of Amenbo was the final straw, it's just over a 1000yen cheaper there so I caved and pre-ordered. :rolleyes:

It came to just over 7000yen with cheapo shipping to the UK making it around £30 alltold which is only a few quid more then I paid for the first SOC Eva. :D

The most recent SOC I purchased was Gold Lightan, who for some weird reason I think is all kinds of cool. It's basically just a heavy gold cube that turns into a nicely articulated robot.

That upcoming EVA looks really good. I have a hard time imagining myself buying yet another EVA-01 figure, but dang...it just looks so cool with the removable armor. Grr...

I bought the Gold lightan too. Its a very heavy brick of a toy, but its really cool.

its looks like a gold lighter. The tranformation is straight forward and the 18k gold

and the black box and red lining are nice touches. I just saw it listed in an edition

of Previews, they have it priced at $250.oo thats ridiculous. :blink: It has to be

a typo.

Leopardon was one I thought would be taller. it stands i think around 6 inches.

I like the Spiderman that came with it but I had hoped it would be articulated, its

not a big deal but it would have been nice. Its a neat figure.

I kinda wish they'd work together with Big West and make a vf-1 that

includes vf1a vf1j heads. it wouldnt have to be a huge figure 1/100 or 1/72

size would be ok I guess

I kinda wish they'd work together with Big West and make a vf-1 that

includes vf1a vf1j heads. it wouldnt have to be a huge figure 1/100 or 1/72

size would be ok I guess

It would be awesome to have a 1/72 VF-1 battroid that looked like the Hasegawa battroids, but was as durable as a (good) toy

I bought the Gold lightan too... I just saw it listed in an edition

of Previews, they have it priced at $250.oo thats ridiculous. :blink: It has to be

a typo.

That listing has to be for the limited edition 18k gold version that comes with a wood box, which BBTS has listed for $249. Lightan is cool and all, but that just seems a little too deluxe for the character. But that's coming from someone who couldn't tell 18k gold from a basket of 18 carrots if his life depended on it...

Wow....I didn't realize the line has been around that long. That's about a year or two before I really started collecting toys.

I wish i had started collecting these at the beginning instead of having to catch up

and miss out on some of these, or having to make tough choices between these and Macross stuff.

I wish i had started collecting these at the beginning instead of having to catch up

and miss out on some of these, or having to make tough choices between these and Macross stuff.

Yeah, it's tough because they sell out so fast. I started collecting late (when the Getter Dragon came out IIRC) but luckily I was in HK when the bug hit so I got good deals on the Mazinger and Great Mazinger. And thanks to the re-releases I got the Combattler, Getter Liger and Posiedon. I love all the ones I have, my only gripe is the Xabungle. I haven't touched it since I bought it.. too afraid everything will fall off.

I would like to know if someone has some information of the new soc book, is it an improved version of the first version, or it is the real following with totally different stuff ( gx24 and after )?

In the HLJ page about the book, what are the weapons of combattler V, it was prototype weapon or it is for a new reissue, if it's the case, the robot itself seems exactly the same :/

Otherwise , any news about the denjiman robots which was supposed to come very soon ???

i saw that book too. i think it may be everything after gx-24 i'm not sure

as far as the weapons for the Combattler V, i dont know for sure but they

look different to me

Denjiman?

heres my combattler V

[attachmentid=37511]

post-3216-1162063349_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

i saw that book too. i think it may be everything after gx-24 i'm not sure

as far as the weapons for the Combattler V, i dont know for sure but they

look different to me

Denjiman?

heres my combattler V

[attachmentid=37511]

I saw Daidendjin of Denjiman in the planning many months ago. it was supposed to be released about this time, just before gunbuster. Now there is no new of denjiman and we ll probably get ideon and the other xabungle robots before :(

I wish they could speed up the sentai toys in the soc line

Oh what am I doing here? I´m usually a model builder, but those SOC Xabungles are just too cool to miss and they actually come with a "bonus" model that has never been available before (although Bandai has made dozens of Xabungle kits back in the 80s).

As I understand it, the Xabungle comes with a bonus Brockary/Brackery whatever it is called.

The upcoming Galliar contains a Doran/Dotan flying mecha - that is WAY better than the "hero" Galliar machine IMO.

But there was a magazine page posted on p.1 of this thread showing a Xabungle with pics of three tiny walkers to the left of it - actually models of utility/scout walkers Bran, Leg and Hog if I´m not mistaken. Does anybody know if that means the Xabungle will be re-issued, this time with the three little mecha instead of the Brockary? I need to have them...

Those three little guys are included with an R version of the Xabungle that you can only get by mailing in some form or something from the new SOC book.

Thank you for te info Fort Max! Looks like gettin these three will be a little complicated, but I´ll try anyway!

Remember remember the 11th Nov for the season of Gunbuster shall soon be afoot,

I can think of no reason the Gunbuster season should ever be forgot!

In other news:

Fans of Ideon can expect to be mugged by Bandai around March time to the tune of 20'800yen!

News from Zinc Panic

They are going to release the Gunbuster in two weeks!! Now that is good news. I thought this was going to be a late November early December release.

The timing here couldn't have worked out better for me.

I am having Gunbuster delivered to my folks home and it just happens that I will be up that way the weekend of the 19th for my old man's birthday.

With GB all paid up and listed for the EMS treatment it should get there before I do. :D

Ideon is available for Pre-order from HLJ 18,810 yen / $160.26 due to arrive in March.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...p;Word=chogokin

Edit : does anyone know where to go to get info about this: Soul of Chogokin Spec SPT Layzner

Edited by Macross73