The Sixth Season of 24.

UN Spacy

I enjoyed the season and the ending; for the first time in several years it's not ending with Jack having to go on the run, being put in captivity, etc and puts a lot of closure of whats been going on the last three seasons. But I do have the criticism that the show has become too predictable and formulaic. And with the gravity of all the stuff tackled in this season, it's going to be very hard to shadow Season 6.

As for Season 7...

1) Will Chloe remain with CTU after giving birth? Is Morris the father? :p

2) Did Jack's dad survive? In the last few seconds, it looked like he was still sitting there and too weak to move, but I wouldn't be surprised if Phillip Bauer escaped. Which leads to...

3) The circuit board from the Russian suit case nuke. Who had it last? Cheng or Phillip Bauer? If Cheng had it, it's a non issue. Otherwise, how was it guaranteed that the board was destroyed especially if Bauer escaped?

4) Will Jack be back with CTU, another government agency, or on the run again? Funny that the two main focuses on the show are Jack Bauer and CTU, it was only season 1 and 3 that Jack was a solid employee/agent of CTU (Season 1 he was the CTU head).

Guess we'll find out in 8 months! :D

Alright what did EVERYONE think of the season finale?

Good? Bad? So-so?

Is Papa Bauer really gone?

Is there anything left for next season?

How would you compared it to previous seasons?

Personally, I didn't think this last season was very good in general, and the finale didn't change my opinion. Papa Bauer better be well dead, because I didn't like the story line that brought in Jack's family as bad guys anyway. His big plan didn't make a great deal of sense, and I think it cheapened the whole secret organization thing they had going last season with these guys in a board room telling the evil president Charles Logan what to do. If they had kept these people in the background secretly pulling the strings of those directly involved in the attacks, I think they could have kept a very nice story line going. At the end of a second season of these guys opperating behind the scenes, they could have had Jack pick up on a clue that would point to someone else calling the shots. I was very dissapointed when they brought the guy on the phone with Logan out in the open so quickly, and then we find out that he is Jack's brother! :( Didn't like that at all, and I also think that it happened to fast and that the scope of the plan for the Bauer clan was too narrow. The sceming guys in the board room should have been bigger than that! :angry:

Jolly Rogers Posted Today, 02:22 AM

Terrible. I thought Jack figured out Heller was behind the whole big conspiracy and went to confront him, instead we get a weakass 'closure'.

I agree, I didn't like that either.

Personally, I didn't think this last season was very good in general, and the finale didn't change my opinion. Papa Bauer better be well dead, because I didn't like the story line that brought in Jack's family as bad guys anyway. His big plan didn't make a great deal of sense, and I think it cheapened the whole secret organization thing they had going last season with these guys in a board room telling the evil president Charles Logan what to do. If they had kept these people in the background secretly pulling the strings of those directly involved in the attacks, I think they could have kept a very nice story line going. At the end of a second season of these guys opperating behind the scenes, they could have had Jack pick up on a clue that would point to someone else calling the shots. I was very dissapointed when they brought the guy on the phone with Logan out in the open so quickly, and then we find out that he is Jack's brother! :( Didn't like that at all, and I also think that it happened to fast and that the scope of the plan for the Bauer clan was too narrow. The sceming guys in the board room should have been bigger than that! :angry:

The season was a downer for me too. Had caught parts of last night's episode, juggling it with Heroes, and then watched the whole thing this morning.

I don't mind outing the brother or the father. But the ending was weak. Why the hell did the idiot father take such risks. I still don't understand why little Josh was so special. Who the hell was the main villain? Overall, given how good season 5 was, this one was a bit disappointing. Far too many loose ends. I hate to say it, but I do want papa Bauer to survive, so he can explain essentially 3 seasons worth of stuff.

• 1 month later...

Some juicy bits from IMDB today:

Fox Scraps Scripts for Next Season's '24'

Fox programming executives have scrapped virtually the entire story line for next season's 24 after rejecting plans for costly location shooting in Africa, TV Guide Online columnist Michael Ausiello reported today (Tuesday), citing unnamed sources. Actress Mary Lynn Rajskub, who plays Chloe on the series, was quoted as saying, "I don't know what's going on over there, but they're going crazy. ... I don't think we're starting until a couple of weeks into August now. It's kind of exciting, because I think it means that they're really having to dig in there and come up with new stuff."

Getting the majority of action out of LA and out to somewhere else in the US or even somewhere else in the world for that matter (at least for Jack and some of the main characters ) would be a good thing. The center of the universe, or at least the United States, isn't Los Angeles, CA! :D

• 3 weeks later...

24 gone "green"?

Looks like I WON'T be watching season 7. <_< Anybody looking for some 24 DVD's on the cheap? Might as well do my part for the environment and not waste the electricity, energy, and cause pollution and thus "global warming" by watching 24 either on Fox or on DVD! :p