The Sixth Season of 24.

UN Spacy

Papa Heller returns!

...and this time he's NOT pleased with Jack Bauer. Speaking of next week.

Looks like CTU is going to get compromised once again. BIG TIME. Anyone else think so?

The blame Heller is laying on Jack is unfair (ie. it's the Chinese fault the Audrey is damaged goods, Audrey took it upon herself to go to China to begin with... did she really think she could have secured Jack's release???), but he is understandably upset and would want to take his daughter away from anyone and anything tied to why she is in her current state of mind.

One thing's for sure, some godless Chinese commie ba$tards are going to pay dearly during the next three episodes! :D

"You're a curse, Jack, everyone who gets involved with you dies."

Well, factually, that's accurate... let's see, Terri, David, Tony, Michelle, Curtis, Edgar,

oh wait, Kim is still alive.... where's the cougar

You forgot Jack's wife, Nina (though since she turned out to be a bad guy, she probably doesn't count), killing the head of CTU in season 3 (Ryan Chapelle?), Curtiss, and a number of innocent civilians Jack had to let perish in order for him to further entrenched with the bad guys (ie. a public power worker in season 2, a prison guard in season three when Jack and that drug lord were forced to play Russian Roulette in prison). It's a wonder that Jack hasn't gone psycho for all he has done, permitted or witnessed! :blink:

Edited by Apollo Leader

Heller's comment about Jack's lovers and friends ending up dead is fairly accurate, but blaming him for Audrey's condition is a little bit unfair. I mean really, did Jack ask her to go over to China by herself and try to find a way to get him out? No, and if she had asked his opinion on that, he would have told her not to do it because it was too dangerous! All the people who have been close to Jack and have died, did not end up in a bag because Jack put them in dangerous positions without regard for their safety. His concern for his friends has always been there, it's just that he is a magnet for mayhem and anyone who gets involved with him is rolling the dice, and if they know him at all they ought to know that. I mean really, when was the last time Jack made it through an hour without either being assaulted in some way, or having to assault someone else in order to escape or get his job done? I can't remember, can anyone else?

One thing's for sure, some godless Chinese commie ba$tards are going to pay dearly during the next three episodes! :D

This godless Chinese commie ba$tard says not if we buy the show first. :lol:

Hey, I mentioned Terri, and Curtis, even if I spelled his name wrong, but did forget Nina, and "you chopped my hand off, you bastard" Chase, but then after that, I figure it starts to get a bit silly, there are all these nameless red shirts, and so forth, after a while it's hard to keep track of them all.

Bah, give Jack a nuke I say. He'd find better targets than some nameless LA suburb.

Jack's Father will return (Jack has a new Mystery relative that aint so new)

Someone at CTU will go to the great agencey in the Sky making room for two people to workthings out. (Its NOT Chloe and Morris)

and People who thought Josh was Jack's Bastard son have it all wrong (the truth is FAR worse) :ph34r:

You forgot Jack's wife, Nina (though since she turned out to be a bad guy, she probably doesn't count), killing the head of CTU in season 3 (Ryan Chapelle?), Curtiss, and a number of innocent civilians Jack had to let perish in order for him to further entrenched with the bad guys (ie. a public power worker in season 2, a prison guard in season three when Jack and that drug lord were forced to play Russian Roulette in prison). It's a wonder that Jack hasn't gone psycho for all he has done, permitted or witnessed! :blink:

Jack and Nina were never Married just F$%K buddies

Jack and Nina were never Married just F$%K buddies

Jack's Father will return (Jack has a new Mystery relative that aint so new)

Someone at CTU will go to the great agencey in the Sky making room for two people to workthings out. (Its NOT Chloe and Morris)

and People who thought Josh was Jack's Bastard son have it all wrong (the truth is FAR worse) :ph34r:

Josh is Jack's new brother?!

Ha ha, I like the brother angle. Old Phil Bauer got into what's her name's pants, result: the Kim lookalike.

Milo or the Rich kid (I can't remember his name) is gonna bite the dust.

Mike Doyle?

Too many folks could bite the dust at CTU.

He means Ricky Schroder from Silver Spoons

Yeah.

Ricky Schroeder's playing Mike Doyle.

I also hope he bites the bullet. We'll find out next week. :D

Yeah.

Ricky Schroeder's playing Mike Doyle.

I also hope he bites the bullet. We'll find out next week. :D

I personally think they ought to bring in Charlie Sheen and Emilio Esteves as guest stars for two episodes and then kill them off. That would've completed the primary cast of Young Guns. And to emphasize the point that at the end, Bauer rules. :)

I personally think they ought to bring in Charlie Sheen and Emilio Esteves as guest stars for two episodes and then kill them off. That would've completed the primary cast of Young Guns. And to emphasize the point that at the end, Bauer rules. :)

I think you already know that Lou Diamond Phillips appeared in an episode or two in Season 1. When Keifer and Lou were fighting side-by-side, they should have had Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" playing in the background! :D

I think you already know that Lou Diamond Phillips appeared in an episode or two in Season 1. When Keifer and Lou were fighting side-by-side, they should have had Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" playing in the background! :D

Well, to be fair, Lou didn't so much as fight side by side with Keifer as he was too busy been taken hostage and getting shot. As to emphasize the point that some Young Guns are just not quite as good as others.

Well, to be fair, Lou didn't so much as fight side by side with Keifer as he was too busy been taken hostage and getting shot. As to emphasize the point that some Young Guns are just not quite as good as others.

Now that is funny. :lol:

Well well well. Another year = ANOTHER assault on the halls of CTU Los Angeles. It was just a matter of time.

Damn you Papa Bauer you're an evil, evIL, EVIL person.

RIP ____. You were protecting the woman you love. You'll be missed.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Well well well. Another year = ANOTHER assault on the halls of CTU Los Angeles. It was just a matter of time.

You'd think after multiple attacks, intrusions, and moles you'd think that CTU LA should now be set up like Fort Knox! :p Obviously they need a more secure location... maybe this will be part of all the major changes for season 7? I wonder if it's been established if there are other CTU offices like this in other major cities across the US (at least ones with similar clout)?

If I'm right, just two episodes left to go! :D

You'd think after multiple attacks, intrusions, and moles you'd think that CTU LA should now be set up like Fort Knox! :p Obviously they need a more secure location... maybe this will be part of all the major changes for season 7? I wonder if it's been established if there are other CTU offices like this in other major cities across the US (at least ones with similar clout)?

If I'm right, just two episodes left to go! :D

They can't go and make the facility more secure, that would actually make some kind of rational sense! :wacko: The place has been compramised so many times already, if they were going to address the problem they ought to have done it by now. Besides that would take away one of the writers favorite methods of killing off a CTU agent every season, and we can't have that. I also think that papa Bauer's moves make less and less sense. What does that wacko think he has to gain from this latest diabolical half baked sceam of his? His grandson hates him, so I can't see him ever following in grandad's footsteps and running his stupid company when the old man kicks the bucket. Also, unless the rules have changed, the government has probably initiated actions to sieze his corporate assets for aiding terrorism anyway.

I hope papa Bauer lives long enough to be in next season. If I think about it, I'd like old papa Bauer to hook up with Mandy. Haven't seen her since season 4. I really miss Mandy. The only bad guy who has truly escaped the clutches of Bauer so far.

As for Milo, well, I never liked him much anyway. So, no big loss, I think though that I don't like Nadia and Ricky very much either, they both need to bite the dust.

Uh oh, daddy Bauer is now getting ready to get grandson Bauer from the US government. Unfortunately, I think daddy Bauer is going to die at the end of the season, just like our poor Chinese compadre.

I'm truly disappointed in this season though. It seem like the main focus was about the evilness of daddy Bauer, but he just has so little screen time. Not nearly as evil as Logan was. This was sad. I hope papa Bauer does live, and that as an ongoing arc, they'll put him back into season 7.

I have a suspicion that Jack's dad may get away and possibly with his grandson, too, setting up a major plot for season 7. Cheng looks like will die at Jack's hands putting to conclusion the whole "Jack vs. the Chinese" plot going on for three seasons now, though the fate of the one CTU agent who was initially captured by the Chinese has yet to be answered.

IMHO, this was one of my favorite seasons. Since the show is going on to season 7, sometime after season 7 wraps up, Fox needs to do a "24/7" marathon on FX in which all seven seasons of 24 are run non-stop for... wait for it... seven days. It would start at midnight Monday morning and end exactly a week later. I bet that there would be some hardcore fans who would try to sit up and watch it all the way through! :p

What's left for Season Seven?

The Russians?

The Germans......again?

(Sorry, a little South Park in-joke there.)

This season's definitely had its moments. But overall, you know it's bad when certain plot twists make you laugh out loud or shake your head in disbelief.

The Germans......again?

(Sorry, a little South Park in-joke there.)

This season's definitely had its moments. But overall, you know it's bad when certain plot twists make you laugh out loud or shake your head in disbelief.

You are correct sir. This season I think, has had some of the worst plot line stories I have seen in this series so far. I've complained about some of them before in this thread so I will not rehash it again. I hope if they are going to give a clue for next season at the end of this one, that it has nothing to do with the current plot line because I think it's rather stupid. The sooner they let it die out the better, prefferably with all current evil doers well dead!

You are correct sir. This season I think, has had some of the worst plot line stories I have seen in this series so far. I've complained about some of them before in this thread so I will not rehash it again. I hope if they are going to give a clue for next season at the end of this one, that it has nothing to do with the current plot line because I think it's rather stupid. The sooner they let it die out the better, prefferably with all current evil doers well dead!

I disagree on the part about evil doers. The problem really is that there is a lack of focus. The underlying bad guy is papa Bauer, we don't have any closure on the whole conspiracy thing. Instead we looked at the smaller picture all year long, first the Muslims, then the Russians, and then the Chinese.

Why did he (papa Bauer) bother to sell nukes to Russia, that seem to be almost a useless point. He is already plenty rich, what was in it for him to do that?

What was in it for papa Bauer to get sonny #2 to pull Logan's strings. Who the hell is behind the kill Palmer #2 plot? Nameless officials don't get together and decide to kill the CEO on a whim.

It would be very nice to properly explore these portions. For example, I wouldn't mind finding out Daniels is also being controlled in some way by papa Bauer.

I disagree on the part about evil doers. The problem really is that there is a lack of focus. The underlying bad guy is papa Bauer, we don't have any closure on the whole conspiracy thing. Instead we looked at the smaller picture all year long, first the Muslims, then the Russians, and then the Chinese.

Why did he (papa Bauer) bother to sell nukes to Russia, that seem to be almost a useless point. He is already plenty rich, what was in it for him to do that?

What was in it for papa Bauer to get sonny #2 to pull Logan's strings. Who the hell is behind the kill Palmer #2 plot? Nameless officials don't get together and decide to kill the CEO on a whim.

It would be very nice to properly explore these portions. For example, I wouldn't mind finding out Daniels is also being controlled in some way by papa Bauer.

unless I am misremembering, papa Bauer didn't sell the nukes to the russians. They belonged to the russians in the first place, he arrainged to bring them into the US. I like the whole conspiracy angle about the hidden people pulling the strings like they showed us with Logan, but I hate the involvement of Jack's family in it. I think it would be better if these people didn't have a "conection" to Jack at all. That adds more to the show and doesn't make it look like Jack is an oddball in his own family for being a good guy. The chinese agent showed himself to be a complete idiot by turning over the component to papa Bauer before he had given Bauer what he wanted so the job would get done. Papa Bauer does not have a very trustworthy record, so why would a foreign "intelligence" opperative trust him with something that important to his country without a Guarantee that he would be able to maintain control. Aren't intelligence opperatives supposed to be at least a little bit intelligent? This guy doesn't appear to be all that bright at all. My reason for wanting all the current season bad guys dead is because in general, I don't think they have been good bad guys. Papa Bauer seems to be obsessed with having an heir to his company, but he killed one and alienated the other two in Jack and the kid. Quite obviously Jack would never run the thing, so he would have to use the kid. The kid is going to take a good bit of attitude adjusting before he is going to want to do anything to help out his evil granddad, and that is going to take time and then there is no real guarentee that it would work. He needed a better plan.

unless I am misremembering, papa Bauer didn't sell the nukes to the russians. They belonged to the russians in the first place, he arrainged to bring them into the US. I like the whole conspiracy angle about the hidden people pulling the strings like they showed us with Logan, but I hate the involvement of Jack's family in it. I think it would be better if these people didn't have a "conection" to Jack at all. That adds more to the show and doesn't make it look like Jack is an oddball in his own family for being a good guy. The chinese agent showed himself to be a complete idiot by turning over the component to papa Bauer before he had given Bauer what he wanted so the job would get done. Papa Bauer does not have a very trustworthy record, so why would a foreign "intelligence" opperative trust him with something that important to his country without a Guarantee that he would be able to maintain control. Aren't intelligence opperatives supposed to be at least a little bit intelligent? This guy doesn't appear to be all that bright at all. My reason for wanting all the current season bad guys dead is because in general, I don't think they have been good bad guys. Papa Bauer seems to be obsessed with having an heir to his company, but he killed one and alienated the other two in Jack and the kid. Quite obviously Jack would never run the thing, so he would have to use the kid. The kid is going to take a good bit of attitude adjusting before he is going to want to do anything to help out his evil granddad, and that is going to take time and then there is no real guarentee that it would work. He needed a better plan.

Oops, you're quite right about the Russian thing. Bauer arranged for them to be brought to the US. Although the fact they were transferred to terrorists tend to be a point that somehow papa Bauer seemed to be involved with, but not well explored

One thing that's annoyed me a bit is the Chinese mercs' logic in killing off Milo. Sure, I understand the plot and shock value reasons for doing it.

But seriously. The Chinese know CTU is out looking for them. Call me stupid, but isn't it possible that those CTU agents out in the field would probably call back and need to talk TO THE PERSON IN CHARGE AT CTU?!

So, they decide to kill off (who they think is) the head guy and willingly add unnecessary complications to their mission. Smart, real smart. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I will give the writers credit for adding a few shades of grey to the characters of both Tom Lennox and Mr. Evil VP. They could have easily made them your standard, cookie-cutter villians, but they at least gave the two characters a few layers and dimensions.

Alright what did EVERYONE think of the season finale?

Good? Bad? So-so?

Is Papa Bauer really gone?

Is there anything left for next season?

How would you compared it to previous seasons?