The Sixth Season of 24.

UN Spacy

• 1 month later...

Before I got to the end of the video, I had a sneaking suspicion that Jack's "rescue" wasn't what it seemed (the getaway car stood out like a sore thumb for example).

Jack may be back, but how messed up will he be from months of torture and captivity by the Chinese when he is released?

Finally, it's almost time to start up again.

It's been a long 7 month. Although it'll be difficult to top last season. I wish they would have true villians on back to back seasons, not the Nina-esque I just drop in for six episodes and then you don't see me again type. But I look forward to this season immensely.

• 1 month later...

Before I got to the end of the video, I had a sneaking suspicion that Jack's "rescue" wasn't what it seemed (the getaway car stood out like a sore thumb for example).

Jack may be back, but how messed up will he be from months of torture and captivity by the Chinese when he is released?

Good point there about Jack's condition after his Chinese ordeal. I hope the writers do a good job dealing with his recovery from the injuries he was certain to have recieved while he was being held captive. An instant recovery while kind to the character of Jack, doesn't really make a lot of sence. He should take a little time to recover, at least a few minutes anyway! :lol:

^^^

[Chloe or some other CTU person]: "Jack you need some time to heal and recover."

[Jack]: "THERE'S NO TIME!!!!!!" :p

In all seriousness, I'd like them to go "Manchurian Candidate" with the story. It'd divide up the day pretty logically and still keep the suspense and surprises going throughout the whole 24 hours.

...........But I won't get my proverbial panties in a bunch if they don't go this route.

Here's a clip of 24 cast interviewed by Larry King

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

Personally I found EW's KS interview more interesting:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20006893,00.html

This is fun:

http://www.esquire.com/features/articles/2...y_07_bauer.html

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: Jack Bauer

Counterterrorism Expert, Los Angeles

By Nicole Ranadive and Matt Michnovetz

January 2007, Volume 147, Issue 1

fart diplomacy.

Actions speak louder than words. Though shouting can also be effective.

If you shoot a man's wife in the knee and he still doesn't give you the information, he's bad.

Revenge is the cruelest trick. I've seen it taken out on others, I've been victim to it, I've even done it myself. But it doesn't change anything, and it doesn't bring comfort.

Trust is the key to survival. And by trust, I mean getting out of the way and letting me do what I need to do.

The only thing harder than racing to stop a madman from releasing a deadly virus that will kill thousands of people is doing it while simultaneously trying to kick heroin.

I've been beaten, kidnapped, gassed, and shot at, but the most terrifying thing I've ever been through was facing my daughter after I made her believe I was dead.

I eat a lot of bananas. They're a good source of vitamin B and potassium. They're also easy to take on the move.

Love is a privilege.

If you have to trust someone, make it a quirky computer genius.

If I say "dammit," either something bad just happened, something bad is about to happen, or I'm going to do something drastic.

Any man can make a mistake. It's what he does to remedy that mistake that shows his character.

You better know who you are before you go undercover. If you don't, you could easily lose yourself.

Always carry at least one spare fully charged cell-phone battery.

So many times when I thought there was no more time, there was.

When interrogating a suspect, I've often found it effective to ask the question loudly and repeat it several times.

Remember, terrorists use the phone as much as we do.

In the event of a highway landing, always fasten your seat belt and return your chair and tray table to their upright and locked positions.

It's all key cards and thumb drives these days.

If the president of the United States ever orders you to shoot your boss in the head at point-blank range in cold blood, take a deep breath, ask God to forgive you, and just do it.

Without conscience, a man becomes his worst enemy.

Sometimes it's necessary to create a believable diversion, even at the risk of others thinking you're an apeface.

A cell phone can sometimes be used to activate a secondary detonator on a terrorist's explosive vest regardless of how many minutes are left on your plan.

Dead terrorists can often be effectively used as human shields. So can live ones.

Bureaucrats want results but never want to get their hands dirty.

The safety of the people I love is worth any sacrifice. Even their trust.

Some people don't deserve to die, but that's not my call.

Serbs have a different word for everything.

If you don't have a Taser gun, the wires from a lamp will deliver the current needed to shock your subject just enough to get him to give up the information you need without doing any permanent damage.

Sometimes you have to do the wrong thing for the right reasons.

You can't save everyone.

If you see me running down the street, it's probably a good idea to take cover.

Don't piss off the Chinese.

Nicole Ranadive is the staff writer of 24. Matt Michnovetz is the show's story editor.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Just finished up the show an hour ago (central time). Awesomeness has returned to TV! :D

But considering all that Jack went through during his one to two years he was held captive in China and now all of a sudden returning to killing people and breaking their will's on a dime, and all the other $hit he's been through during all these episodes, how much can one man, even Jack Bauer, can take? Based off what the preview for tomorrow showed and a little snippet I read (I stopped before I read the specifics), I think poor Jack will have a total breakdown tomorrow night. :(

But so far, it looks like this is starting off to be a great season of 24.

Anyone else think of "The Lost Boys" when Jack made his move at the end of the first hour? :D

I've been joking around for the longest time that Jack Bauer is invincible because he's a vampire and that The Lost Boys is about Jack Bauer's youth... last night was the proof! ^_^

Hey, does anyone remember from Season 1 when Lou Diamond Phillips was on one or two episodes? When Keifer and Lou are having their gunfight, they should have played Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory as the background music! :D

Along with having Robocop and Samwise on last season, this is why this is the greatest show on TV EVER! :D

Edited by Apollo Leader

Glad to see Jack still has some of his bad-assery skills available. The vampire bite was cool, but there was something about him drop-kicking the overly-pious guy on the subway that puts a smile on my face.

Some other random points:

* Of all the places to hide out, Dr. Bashir's group picked Inglewood?! :blink:

* I guess a few of the characters hooked up in the past two years. Poor Jack. While he's been getting tortured in China, everyone else has been getting nookie.

* When they mentioned Audrey and Kim, was I the only one thinking this was the writers' saying, "The actresses who play them weren't available for this season, so this is our way of writing them off for awhile."

* Kumar needs to chill out and go to White Castle.

Golden Arms, I believe Wayne Palmer's been around for few seasons now. (Though, I didn't realize he's the guy from Romeo Must Die.)

Golden Arms, I believe Wayne Palmer's been around for few seasons now. (Though, I didn't realize he's the guy from Romeo Must Die.)

More people remember him as Principal Robin Wood in the last season of Buffy.

More people remember him as Principal Robin Wood in the last season of Buffy.

I forgot that one. Didn't he and Faith hook up towards the end?

The Blonde FBI guy played Syril on the HBO show OZ.

And the Gov't guy in the detention center played Dresser in the five Heartbeats.

Wow. I really wasn't expecting THAT to happen at the end of tonight's last episode.

SCARY. SCARY STUFF that's going on.

What do you think of the situation with Jack and Curtis?

Was that really needed?

:blink::wacko::o

HOLY COW!!!!! I wasn't completely into this season during the first two hours (alright beginning, but kinda on the "meh" side), but those last two major shockers tonight got me hooked in for another season.

DUH-YAM!!

What do you think of the situation with Jack and Curtis?

Was that really needed?

I hate to say it, but Curtis himself elevated it to that point. I understand where Curtis was coming from, and I'd have a hard time letting go too. So cuss the guy out, rough him up, beat him up a bit, hell, put a cap in his knee if you want to. But don't push it beyond that point.

Lastly, if THAT is what it takes to make Jack "get his groove back," remind me to stay beyond a 1000 mile radius of the man! :ph34r:

I hope you guys there in the LA area are wearing lead underwear and 3000 SP suntan lotion! :D

Since the nuke went off in Valencia, this is where Macross World's own Kevin Lam of the Valkyrie Exchange lives... Harmony Gold is using Muslim extremists to take out one the main sources of Macross goods us Macross Purists have been using for years... sorry, I couldn't resist. ^_^

Seriously though, what is happening so far this season is a very believable set of scenarios that may very likely happen in the very near future. Just this first set of four episodes has nearly trumped every other season in 24's history, with the possible exception of Season 2.

Dayum, that was a damn good two hours! Now every time Kumar pointed the gun at the kid and told him to get the pain killers, I was sooo wanting him to say,"and while your at it, pick me up some White Castle burgers" :D:p:lol: Anyway, so does this mean Curtis dies? or is he just wounded? He looked like he would be able to survive that shot. But seems like every season has somebody from the previous season dying. Just as long as they keep Chloe alive till till the series is over. Seems like both Chloe O'Brian and Wayne Palmer are the only ones still alive since season 3. I guess we'll see what happens now hmm?

I knew Curtis' days were numbered when the opening credits in episode one said 'Guest' starring Roger Cross.

Just picked up the DVD of S6 ep1-4... they just threw the thing together, no subtitles/closed captioning, no commentary or any other special features except for the first 12 minutes of episode 5. You also get a $10-off coupon for season 1-6 of 24 DVD box, however.

The actress who plays Chloe does her worst acting in episode 5... same 'stressed nerd' monotone mode when she was supposed to have a near breakdown about Curtis' death.

For those wondering, Curtiss is indeed dead. On the official site for 24, when you go to the Season 6 bio for Curtiss they have "DECEASED" stamped over his picture. :( Unlike a lot of the other characters' deaths on the show regardless of how unexpected or tragic (ie. David Palmer, Edgar, Tony and Michelle), at least they were done by the bad guys. one could feel that there was a sense of purpose of their deaths in how it would carry the story, and ultimately a satisfactory retribution would take place (namely Jack offing the said bad guys). Here, this death was very sickening and tragic. What can be done to repay Curtiss' death? Curtiss had every right to want that "former" terroist dead or to pay in some way for what he did to Curtiss and his unit during Desert Storm. I have a feeling that our terrorist-turned-good-guy is not all that he is cracked up to be. I will guess right now that Jack may ultimately have to kill this guy.

As for Wayne Palmer...

Wayne Palmer < David Palmer

'Nuf said.

And just how many more David Palmer siblings are going to materialize? :p

Edited by Apollo Leader

For those wondering, Curtiss is indeed dead. On the official site for 24, when you go to the Season 6 bio for Curtiss they have "DECEASED" stamped over his picture. :( Unlike a lot of the other characters' deaths on the show regardless of how unexpected or tragic (ie. David Palmer, Edgar, Tony and Michelle), at least they were done by the bad guys. one could feel that there was a sense of purpose of their deaths in how it would carry the story, and ultimately a satisfactory retribution would take place (namely Jack offing the said bad guys). Here, this death was very sickening and tragic. What can be done to repay Curtiss' death? Curtiss had every right to want that "former" terroist dead or to pay in some way for what he did to Curtiss and his unit during Desert Storm. I have a feeling that our terrorist-turned-good-guy is not all that he is cracked up to be. I will guess right now that Jack may ultimately have to kill this guy.

As for Wayne Palmer...

'Nuf said.

I would tend to agree on the possability of Jack having to take down our terrorist-turned-good-guy. Every season has at least a few good guys who go bad or bad guys who turn out to be good, so I doubt this season will be any different on that score. I think it is way to early to place anyone firmly on the good or bad lists yet, because there is still a lot of time for a few nice plot twists to change things up to a fare thee well. The only one that can be firmly counted as a confirmed good guy is probably just Jack himself, and after shooting Curtis in the throat like he had to, Jack probably questions that himself right now. It sucks that he had to do it, but Curtis left him no real alternative, and he should have known that if backed into a corner that Jack will always pull the trigger if he feels he must. Curtis had to know that as slimy as this guy had been in the past, that at the moment he was way to valuable in the current crisis for Jack to allow him to be killed. A sad ending for a decent character there. :(

As for Wayne Palmer...

'Nuf said.

Agreed with the Palmer comparison, I'm sorry, but Wayne Palmer strikes me like... well, there is no easy way to say it, he is a WUSS. Even his sister would make a better president, if she has a little more sense, fortunately her boyfriend is a little more level headed and practical in my opinion.

But getting on to the main story line, I'm sorry to see Curtis getting killed, the fact that Jack poped him is a real tragedy, simply because Curtis didn't have a choice. And while someone could blame Jack for not making sure Curtis was separated from Assad, let's face it, Bauer was probably being battyslapped less than 48 hours earlier. So far, this season is quite powerful in content delivery. I just hope there isn't the same convulted twist as season four, and hopefully someone will step up to be as good a villian as Logan.

Probably most everybody has seen it by now, but Jack Bauer's brother is that bald nerdy guy who was behind that cartel of businesses/industries backing the Logan presidency last season!!! :o When Joel Sernow and company were doing last season, I wonder if they knew all along that this mysterious guy would turn out to be Jack Bauer's own brother?

Besides Jack's wife and daughter, the show has never elaborated about the rest of Jack's family, until now.

Edited by Apollo Leader