1:60 GBP-1 !?

CF18

I have no idea whether the armor will be released seperately or bundled together with the VF-1J, but if I was a gambling man, I'd bet all my money that it will come bundled.

I'm pretty sure the VF-1J can transform. If you read the card, it mentions '3' something, so I'm guessing that it says 'can transform into 3 modes' in Japanese.

Direct Translation on the card:

"MACROSS

1/60 3-stage Transformation

VF-1J

Armoured Valkyrie

(Price) Not Fixed

2004 Summer Release"

EDIT: ^---- Didn't even need Japanese. Chinese was 90% sufficient. :)

Yes, it's a bundle (because otherwise it would have read GBP armour instead of Armoured Valkyrie). Yes, the underlying 1J should be transformable. Yes, it's going to be frickin' expensive ('cos they haven't decided on the price yet..). And yes, it's going to release next year, which gives us some time to save up.

Lucky I didn't get the 1/60 Super-1J previously...

Edited by Lynx7725

As for the glossy heatshield on the 1/48 Hikaru 1J. As with all 1/48s, the paint is on the inside of the heatshield. So what you are seeing there is light reflecting off the clear plastic. The only way they could prevent this, I suppose, is by coating the outside of the heatshield with a flat clear-coat.

Off topic, why are the heat shields for the 1/48's painted on the inside anyway? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Off topic, why are the heat shields for the 1/48's painted on the inside anyway? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I think i remember someone saying it was so it was less likely to scratch the skull...?

I think this was the original intention, but the skull actually ended up on the outside. I think that the 1/48 J would look better if the shield was solid white, but that's just a nit pick.

Looks like some proportions have been changed to fit the armor, especially around the chest and shoulders. Now I wonder what the other modes look like. Once again, I learn to appreciate the totallity of the 20 year old 1/55 design, chunkiness and all. :-)

This bundled deal... I will wait for the real thing to show up, and the reviews, before opening my wallet, and my mouth.

I think this was the original intention, but the skull actually ended up on the outside. I think that the 1/48 J would look better if the shield was solid white, but that's just a nit pick.

No it is not a nit pick. It's just CHEAPER for them to keep using a poor solution instead of molding more durable shields in specific colors for each release. They probably have a couple hundred thousand pieces of those brittle clear shields in stock, just waiting for a splash of paint. You like the 1/48, you got to take it with all it's little quirks.

:lol: Heeeeellll Yeeeaaahhh!

Allright! Finally some GBP action! Looks great!

I'll be surprised if they don't sell them as upgrades to the current VF-1J though, or if the VF-1J is any different. The armour looks like it was built around the original 1/60.

EDIT: anyone here got some get-rich-quick schemes? I think most of us are gonna need it.

Edited by kensei

I wouldn't necessarily take the sign's wording as an indication that it's a bundle. Notice how Takatoku worded the (English) box design on their armor-only set.

I think it'll be a bundle as indicated on the card as 3 stage transforming valkyrie in Japanese. Of course, to get the most out of the mould, they might sell it separately like the Super Pack.

The hands do remind me of the oldies, a bit big though. Anyway, it looks great. Can't wait to see the real thing next year. :rolleyes:

GBP

GBP

GBP

Ahh! More love for the 1/60's.

I'm so glad Yamato decided to do this in 1/60 scale. I have much love for the 1/48, but I want I complete line of valks. I think I'll spend the rest of the night playing with them!

However, I do Hope those hands disapear!

<h1>GBP</h1>

<h2>GBP</h2>

<h3>GBP</h3>

I'm so glad Yamato decided to do this in 1/60 scale. I have much love for the 1/48, but I want I complete line of valks. I think I'll spend the rest of the night playing with them!

i can live with the hands. the fact that they are making it is great enough! hopefully, the way it attaches will allow the Super -1J's or even the non-FP DYRL valks to accept the armor.....

...either way, it looks awesome.

<h1>GBP</h1>

<h2>GBP</h2>

<h3>GBP</h3>

i can live with the hands. the fact that they are making it is great enough! hopefully, the way it attaches will allow the Super -1J's or even the non-FP DYRL valks to accept the armor.....

...either way, it looks awesome.

As long as the forarms will except the older hands I'm all for it! I do think Yamato will redo the hands. It is only a prototype. I was afraid that the 1/60 VF series was finished. I'm so grateful for the chance to own a GBP-1S That looks decent! As for the FP'd Hikaru, Max, and the Cannon Fodder. Yamato, I'm still waiting on those!

No it is not a nit pick. It's just CHEAPER for them to keep using a poor solution instead of molding more durable shields in specific colors for each release. They probably have a couple hundred thousand pieces of those brittle clear shields in stock, just waiting for a splash of paint. You like the 1/48, you got to take it with all it's little quirks.

Yeah, if it was solid and matched the color of the white plastic, that would be perfect!

Sorry, to get off topic again, but ... I've noticed that all the 1/60 Valks' (I'm not sure about the -1D, VE-1, and VT-1) heatshields have that U type groove at the top. Was this in the series lineart? What about DYRL? From lineart that I have seen, it seems like only Valks that didn't have skulls on the heatshields, have that U at the top. I know that some of the Bandai 1/55 reissues had it painted on like the Max and Milia VF-1J's and maybe the CF VF-1A. I wonder if the 1/48 VF-1J will have this?

Umm, why bother? The little card in front of it says it's 1/60........

You can read that on the card? I could barely make it out. I dunno... your eyes must be better than mine. :huh:

*sigh* what can I say? I'm just really good like that

(wanna know the secret to my success?? I look at the BIG picture... literally and figuratively ;) )

It would seem that GBP fans everywhere are starting to get their wishes granted... the GBP isn't my favorite variant, but it looks cool enough that I don't think I can pass it up (I also anxiously await the first guy that does a "thunder hammers" custom)

I'm guessing the price will run somewhere similar to a Super/Strike 1/60. *MAYBE* a little more.

Say, what does the box on top of the second picture contain? It's Yamato parts for the VF-1 but what for? (ht egold and black one, you can see a gunpod and missiles) I can pretty much guess what the VF-1J box is gonna look like.

...i think Chun Li is HOT!:lol: damm just look at those awsome sexy legs  :rolleyes:  umm...yeah like Kevin said, i think we´d be buying it for all the wrong reasons hehehe.

-Jin

just for self satisfaction :lol:

And what would be the right reasons? To keep her in a box in the closet? :huh:

and play with her while everyone is asleep :o:lol: