For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Knight26

Ok, got some time so I refined the cockpit some more I like it better but it still needs work. The whole interior will be gutted and the placeholder equipment will be replaced with better more realistic gear. Let me know what you think.

post-341-1162445261_thumb.jpg

Update:

I remodeled the seat, this will be replacing all of my current crafts ejection seat. It will also be modified for use in the different craft. ANy comments? Oh and the pilot/copilot seats for this one will be based on the attached lineart.

post-341-1162604817_thumb.jpg

post-341-1162604838_thumb.jpg

post-341-1162604845_thumb.jpg

Update:

Cockpit interior is in, though some textures are strictly placeholders. Will start in on the bay interior next then finish up the exterior details, though I may just use a basic texture on the exterior.

post-341-1162772017_thumb.jpg

post-341-1162772040_thumb.jpg

Just my opinion, but why all the fighter style seats (columns between the legs, cramped up everywhere, etc..)?

1) It's uncomfortable.

2) You have a sophisticated weapons system, assuming the two front seats are the pilot and co-pilot, why not make the rear seats face the side walls staring at consoles for weapons control?

3) Ejection: Your rear seat is equipped with an ejection handle I think. You have four crew up front (any more in the back?). My preferences would be either: a) Make the entire cockpit a seperate module for ejection, or b) No ejection at all. This is at atmospheric craft. If it gets hit, then it'll crash land. If it's shot up so bad it can't crash land, then the chances of the crew surviving outside of ejection would be nill. If it's hit while entering the atmosphere, the crew won't be surviving anyway.

Cramped seats, what makes you say that the seats are cramped? The column between the legs is to hold up the main console in front of the crew members, it also has additonal screens on it, I just don't have anything on them right now.

1) Again, how is the seating arrangment uncomfortable? As a pilot I have no problem with a column like that between my legs. It also serves as a place to attach the rudder pedals, otherwise I would have to attach them differently, so that means either seperate arms for each rudder pedal, or some kind of adjusting foot rest, since the seat slides forward and backwards.

2) That was just me being lazy, but the seats can rotate so they do not need to face forward, but their range of motion is limited. I may revisit the rear seats to make them face outwards towards the walls later.

3) Oops, forgot to delete the ejection handles.