Eureka 7 Spoiler thread

jwinges

I thought we might need a thread for those of us who have finished the series...so we don't wreck it for everyone else. We can probably merge the threads later.

To get things rolling what did you think about the following:

- The lack of closure on the gekko's crew...they never show Talho's kid!

- The Tea guy being a correlian

- Renton's sis and dad

- The new nervosh...holy crap!

- How the hell Ray's ring got to earth!

- Blinking head Renton and Eureka...what's up with that?

- The writing on the moon

- So what the hell did adrock actually do (did he prevent the limit of life in the 1st summer of love)

- What do you think is "the summer of love"

Ray's ring: Well they were on earth the whole time, the scab or whterver it is seemed to have built a second surface or shell around the existing earth.

So when the Hakucho-Go exploded the ring must have found it's way down to the "old" earth through a hole.

The Gekko State crew: I don't think they wer eevr meant to be anything other then "staff". The only reason they are so unique in design is to distingusih Gekko State from the military and consequently this show from Gundam.

Nirvarsh's true/final form: It was pretty cool but it could have at least crossed it's arms while it was standing there. :p

Adrock: Dewey said he was "the king of science" who disproved the rather BS theory that made Dewey kill his father and later disocvered what the Coralians were etc. This gave Dewey the knowledge he needed to take his revenge on the Coralian/Scab.

Rentons father/sister: That wasn't really explained at all, all you're told is that they someone crossed the "Zone" and entered the Command cluster where they stayed to communicate with the Scab.

The writing on the moon was kind of cute though it reminded me of Trigun (which probably wasn't the intent) and also the OTT entire-solar-system-effecting antics of Top 2. :lol:

I wonder what Bandai will do with this for the english release, it's probably going to be end up being an easily recognizable scene.

The most satisfying resolution was Anemone and Dominic, to the point where they almost upstaged Renton and Eureka.

The captain of the Izumo kind of came out of nowhere to become a major player at the last minute and then the heavily upgraded ship didn't really do anything. :huh:

Devilfish was awesome, if you've gotta destroy a shiny new mecha then that's the way to do it. The look on Deweys face was just great.

Still not entriely clear what the summer of love is and Adrock never even speaks!

I demand a prequel! :p

I demand a prequel! :p

You get that from the PS2 games. :p

Ray's ring....didn't catch that in the bizzaro subs. >_<

Gekko Go crew non-reso was a shame. They could've at least spent 1 entire episode to just show how each and everyone of them came to join gekko state instead of the useless episodes. The football episode for example was quite pointless. Btw You noticed that Hilda never appeared once throughout the last episodes? And i still wanna know why Woz has a Sega Dreamcast strapped to his head. And i agree with you....they should've showed Holland and Talho's kid.....wtf... >_< 1 year later and no snippets of kid.

I believe that the Nirvash was restored back to its Original form. LFOs were skeletons of aliens growing in the scab coral, perhaps remnants of a race they merged with ages ago before reaching earth. The Nirvash was restored to its original self and pwnz everything. Then it went on to other planets to find new intelligent life to screw up.... ala Evangelion's EVA01. >_>

Renton's sis and dad were people of science. Their curiosity to know the truth led them to remain with the Scab, poor Renton.

Police lights renton and eureka....probably shows they are in sync with each other and part of the planet.

Summer of love was the phenomenon that happens when the limit of life has been reached. The 1st summer of love happened when the Scab Coral was accidentally awakened by a comet hitting the earth. When the limit of life is reached, physical space is warped turning somewhat into a black hole. The command cluster was able to make the corallians dormant again before too much damage is done. The area with warped space became into a limbo area and is now called the Great Wall.

What i'm wondering is....if the great wall is oh so impenetrable and protecting the real world underneath the crust....how come Dewey didn't need to go through the great wall to reach earth? He just orbitally digged into the coral. =.= I assume that that sattelite was there since yonks ago.

What is Despair Syndrome really? Are they soul less bodies of people already in the command cluster? Is Anemone a human with despair syndrome turned into a corallian?

Anemone looks real cute when she isn't such a psycho b*tch. Yay for Dominic.

GECKO GO IS A BIG HAX. DOES GRAVITY NOT AFFECT THAT THING??? And while i'm talking about gravity, the kids in the nirvash seem not to be strapped in so they're probably tossed about in the nirvash as it does its uber moves. And speaking of uber moves, if Holland doesn't have a limiter on and moves like that and requires drugs to keep concious, does that mean Eureka and Renton have the inertia limiter on for the Nirvash and not moving quite as fast as Holland?

Ray's ring isn't even mentioned in the dialogue, Renton picks it up, examines it closely and see's that it has an engraving inside very similar to Charles Ring.

Had a lightbulb moment earlier on today when thinking about the despair syndrome people, perhaps it's not a disease but these people are locked in communication with the scab coral. The way they spoke would seme to support this.

Anemone, wasn't she just one of those experiments to turn refugees into humna/coralian hybrids? She certainly isn't the same as Eureka which makes me wonder why she was wearing one of those electro snake collars.

Game: Is this out yet in the US? Anyone got it?

There's no sign of it over here in the UK. :(

Edited by Fort Max

Had a lightbulb moment earlier on today when thinking about the despair syndrome people, perhaps it's not a disease but these people are locked in communication with the scab coral. The way they spoke would seme to support this.

Anemone, wasn't she just one of those experiments to turn refugees into humna/coralian hybrids? She certainly isn't the same as Eureka which makes me wonder why she was wearing one of those electro snake collars.

Game: Is this out yet in the US? Anyone got it?

There's no sign of it over here in the UK. :(

Why are the victims exclusively women? I don't think i saw a man with the Despair syndrome. And those human/corallian experiments were taken from girls who had the despair syndrome as seen in episode 44, 24:05. The doctor was collecting Despair Syndrome sufferers to create the next Anemone. Seems only Anemone was the only successful subject that had a high tolerance to the drugs.

Why she had the snake collar thing.....cause she was the only other liability other than Eureka, to Dewey that can become the new command cluster. She may be an artificial corallian, but she's probably corallian enough to become it....just like how Renton who is human with Eureka can become the new command cluster.

Another question is, why did sakuya and norbu failed to get through the great wall. Was it because they lacked an LFO?

Game....A New Ray is suposed to be released soon in US.

And a lightbulb for me, Dewey's supposed succession to the Novak family was done through ritual killing of his father, similar to the concepts researched by the Golden Bough where the old priest of a church is killed by his successor and how this is similar in alot of religions/cults. Thus he justify his actions of being the "sacrifice king", where he will die for his sins but the human race will inherit the earth from him.

I thought that Ray's ring was an articfact? And Renton just happened to find a matching on on earth.

This is the kind of show that totally diserves a sequel, but would also be ruined by one... it would have been nice to receive some sort of confirmation that they actually came home, rather than just standing in the woods, glowing (although I suppose the drawing at the very end sort of gives anecdotal evidence that they do).

There was definately no excuse not to show the crew a year later.

I'm kind of hoping for an OVA movie as a wrap up. New scenes of the last few episodes and some closure on the crew and the Thurston family.

I didn't even notice that Hilda wasn't in the last few episodes. :blink:

It was rather funny when the old man on the gekko (the one who's only role was to ask people if they wanted to have tea) turned out to be a correlian. My wife jumped off the couch and yells "I knew it"

I'd like to know how the heck Dewey got that necklace on Eureka neck if he was imprisoned and all that garbage. He would have had to do it and have his plan way back when Holland was just a kid.

I've got the PSP game and one of the PS2 games. Haven't finished the PSP one (didn't want to wreck the series for myself but I did get to about episode 20. The PS2 game I got when it was first released in Japan. I put it in, loaded it and thought...this is crap after about 5 minutes. I hadn't watched the series yet though. I'll have to try it out again.

I'm pretty sure that was Ray's ring but what are the odds that it made it through the scap coral crust down to old earth and why was it encased in some sort of amber. Did you notice all the pieces of amber floating in the ocean after the storm.

Speaking of the storm why could the nirvosh fly after it. Earlier renton had said that the nirvosh could fly. Plus they crashed on the island.

Another quick question. If grandpa thurston was the only person skilled enough to make a board for the nirvosh how come all the military LFO an KLF units have Ref boards? Is the nirvosh's boards uber special or something?

Funny about the theory of despiration sickness only happening to women and that they are connected to the control cluster. When Renton, Eureka and the kids are wandering around the cluster almost all of the people reading the books were men. And Diane said that they were linked to the cluster.

I thought Anemonee awakening was pretty Auska like. Much cuter after she awakened. I don't think she was a correlian at all. Just someone brought back from the dispaire sickness with drugs. This would force her away from her link with the control cluster and give her added insight since she's shared in all that information.

If that was the nirvoshes original form why was it so big. It seemed to much larger than the nirvosh in robot form. Plus it had only a single person cockpit but the nirvosh was found with a 2-person cockpit. Interesting idea though.

Holy crap can Talho fly. I'm not sure that would really be possible.

Grandpa Thurston only built the first Ref Board, because the Nirvrash was the prototype for everything else to come after.

I imagine that after he'd solved how to do it the military just revese engineered it.

Dewey had only been imprisoned for a few years, he was active during the first sumnmer of love and during the time Eureka was discovered.

As for the Nirvarshes original form, it probably just adapted itself for Renton. It did after all recreate it's own body.

Game(s): I thought the title of the first one was "A New Wave".

Has the first already been released over there and you're talking about the second one, "A New Ray"?

I meant new wave.....hehehe. Duno but i couldn't find the US release anywhere so i assume its not out yet.

Jwinges:

Dewey has his "minions" and people loyal to him. Even if he was imprisoned, he was very much a part of the eureka project with all his people doing stuff for him, just like how Dominic was the one reporting stuff to him while he was in jail.

I found the nirvash suddenly flying to the control cluster odd too. Weren't they marooned on the island cause of the lack of trapar? Did the trapar suddenly appeared after they went over the sand dune and they saw a sand path into the sea? And considering the nirvash is aerodynamic, maybe it could actually fly without Trapar....geh i was weirded out by this.

Another quick question. If grandpa thurston was the only person skilled enough to make a board for the nirvosh how come all the military LFO an KLF units have Ref boards? Is the nirvosh's boards uber special or something?

He made the 1st one for the Nirvash. Then when Nirvash needed an upgrade, he was the only non-military person that could do it. Not sure why those scientists couldn't make one though.

Funny about the theory of despiration sickness only happening to women and that they are connected to the control cluster. When Renton, Eureka and the kids are wandering around the cluster almost all of the people reading the books were men. And Diane said that they were linked to the cluster.

Despair syndrome isn't explained very well. I don't think anyone has the answer to this one. Just that when the command cluster was gone, they all came back to themselves, and instead of holding compacs, they were holding books.

If that was the nirvoshes original form why was it so big. It seemed to much larger than the nirvosh in robot form. Plus it had only a single person cockpit but the nirvosh was found with a 2-person cockpit. Interesting idea though.

The nirvash is a living thing originally. You saw the "skeletons" of the LFOs were pretty much just the torso only. They had to add robotic arms and legs as well as the head. The cavity on his back probably wasn't a real cockpit but when it died and they dug him up, they said the cavity seem to be made for 2. But where renton was wasn't the back. It was the chest area. Haha...was i the only person who thought the Nirvash sorta looked like a buster machine? This after watching Top 2. XD

Raptor:

I thought that Ray's ring was an articfact? And Renton just happened to find a matching on on earth.

I missed that, when did they mention it was an artifact?

Despair syndrome isn't explained very well. I don't think anyone has the answer to this one. Just that when the command cluster was gone, they all came back to themselves, and instead of holding compacs, they were holding books.

The nirvash is a living thing originally. You saw the "skeletons" of the LFOs were pretty much just the torso only. They had to add robotic arms and legs as well as the head. The cavity on his back probably wasn't a real cockpit but when it died and they dug him up, they said the cavity seem to be made for 2. But where renton was wasn't the back. It was the chest area. Haha...was i the only person who thought the Nirvash sorta looked like a buster machine? This after watching Top 2. XD

Raptor:

I missed that, when did they mention it was an artifact?

Yep those with dispaire were holding books and they knew about how the command cluster was changing physics to destroy the towers and other things as seen when the little girl wakes up on the plane, tells her mom and dad she loves them or something and that it will all end as their plane gets hit by a meteor.

I thought the Nirvosh looked like a buster machine also. I also noticed that the control system was more like that of "The End" rather than the Nirvosh. Which brings me to the question of...what exactly was "The End"? its control system bothered me since its first appearance. Its just too different than any of the other LFO's or KLF's.

I don't think they ever mentioned the ring as an artifact. One of the kids just runs up and gives it to Renton and the writing matches up. I'm not sure if it was the right color to be Rays ring though.

I thought the Nirvosh looked like a buster machine also. I also noticed that the control system was more like that of "The End" rather than the Nirvosh. Which brings me to the question of...what exactly was "The End"? its control system bothered me since its first appearance. Its just too different than any of the other LFO's or KLF's.

I don't think they ever mentioned the ring as an artifact. One of the kids just runs up and gives it to Renton and the writing matches up. I'm not sure if it was the right color to be Rays ring though.

The Ends control system would have been defined by whoever built it, most likely it was purposefully built to be used by the results of the experiments that produced Anemone.

I don't think the ring thing is that big of a deal, it's only shown to plant the idea that they are actually still on the same planet after passing the Great wall.

I've been spending a little while rewatching 30-40, in close succession and with hindsight there is an awfull lot of information that my mind just completely glazed over the first time I watched it.

A couple of things I noticed today,

In the episode "Pacific state" that opens with Stoner narrating a breif piece on ancient Earth and it's surfer cultuer you can see charles & Ray plus Talho and Holland chilling out on the beach while what seems to be Renton and Eureka run past them and into the sea.

Why? Who knows, but it was a nice view of an alternate life kinda like Evas original ending had.

Getting back to the plot, I was wondering about the long forgotten Amita Drive. But in episode 38, "Date of Birth" Eureka is telling Renton about how Adrock saved her. There is a clip that shows him wrestling the compac drive out of it's socket to try and stop the seven swell, afterwards his side of the cockpit is discovered empty except for the disconnected Compac drive and the Amita drive is now sitting by itself in the seat.

Perhaps this is suggesting that Adrock somehow became or led to the creation of the Amita drive, this may also be why the seven swell happened again when Renton attached it.

Dewey's imprisonment is after the first summer of love/Adrocks dissapearence, possibily because of it so he has plenty of freedom and influence to collar Eureka. He has been plotting his revenge against the Scab Coral for a long time after all.

Seen the last eps. Really nice ending. Eventually I bet the humans merge with the aliens and become thier mind controlled zombies. As the bad part of humans corrupts the aliens, the aliens reject the humans and kill them off. (some of the aliens are racist and want to keep thier side pure of any evil influence, knowing how warlike the human race can be. Think of the inbit in mospeada as an example)

And that little kid when he grows up has to bring peace to the world like renton and his dad by falling in love with an alien. This endless cycle of killing and sacrifce to bring peace, sustains the population and solves the problems of having too many humans competing for control over earth.

There were some episodes where I thought the colourful aliens were pretty ruthless when they attacked the inncoent civilians. They didn't just attack the soldiers. I think a good idea for a sequel would be if some humans tried to study them in a lab and make weapons out of them to try to create a hybrid alien-human but with the powers of an alien, and the appearance of a human.

But the twist would be both sides killed each other off and had to start again because thier weapons were too powerful and almost destroyed the earth completely. Then the coralian would move to another planet to live and merge with another alien species until eventually over millions of years the universe had been "merged together" completely and it got lonely and depressed again because it kept raping the original species of its freedom through the hostile merger/takeover. /joking only

I think it was a good ending though. Very satisfying and wrapped enough up. Waaay better than seed destiny. And those fight scenes were freakin awesome. No recycled animations here! Imagine if they did a remake of macross with that smoothness? I might try to watch the whole thing again to recap on the whole thing. Because it took so long to sub, I can barely remember what was going on from episodes I saw previously.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Okay, I cheated and saw a good chunk of the eps on YouTube awhile back (Not all of 'em; haven't watched most of the last 10 except for the last ep.).

Is there any truth regarding this being the last frame for the series: link.

I read it from this Wikipedia article. Can any of the MW folks in Japan confirm or debunk this?