Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

I've been thinking about getting this thing recently although I can't afford it now and I'm saving for a VF-25 later but my then hopefully I'll have more money anyway. I haven't had time to read this entire thread so I'm just curious does everything think this thing is worth the price? Is it even easy to get anymore I hear not a lot of places sell it anymore? I'd really like to own the Macross in some form and this thing looks really nice despite being small so I want to know if it is really worth it. Also if it is still available anywhere can people point me to a good site that sells it? I can't afford it now but if I do end up getting it I should know where to do so.

• 5 months later...
old news, i posted a link for hlj.com a couple of weeks ago. : P

Will go well with the new Minmay from CMS!

Just imagine.

The CMS Minmay and Wave Macross on one side of the shelf.

The Banpresto Sheryl and Bandai Macross Quarter on the other side of the shelf.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

THIS THING IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

I know that everyone wants to debate economics right now and I dont really want to anymore but I will say that this toy is just too expensive. I have wanted one since the first one came out and still do not have one because I just cant spend that much on that size of a toy.

Although the quality is outstanding imo, i love it to bits... but it is way overpriced.

I bought mine when the aussie dollar was pretty much same as the USD, nowadays i wouldn't think about getting it.

I knew about the size downfall before i bought it as well, just that i always wanted an SDF-1 toy (i see you already got a chunky

monkey SDF in your collection Miriya :D ) So yeah, might pay to wait for bandai or yamato to make one.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yes... I was tempted to buy one when I first saw its pics on the web. Very nice model.

But then where I learn about the size, I decided to wait for a bigger version. Again, it looks nice, but weird if placed next to my valkyries. I am not asking an enormous model, but I expect something that is of similar height head-to-head.

I know it won't be cheap... But in that case I am more willing to pay.

Yes, totally... it is small and expensive.

However it looks very nice and details.

I hope Yamato or Bandai will do a bigger scale of it, like 1/3000 or 1/4000.

I had the same dilema about the price - but I bought it a few months ago and yeah - it was expensive - but I an guarantee you guys that I have long since forgotten about the money I dropped for this thing and remembered only love :) So get it while you can...

The Banpresto Sheryl and Bandai Macross Quarter on the other side of the shelf.

What Banpresto Sheryl??? :o Me wants! :) Where? :)

Pete

I had the same dilema about the price - but I bought it a few months ago and yeah - it was expensive - but I an guarantee you guys that I have long since forgotten about the money I dropped for this thing and remembered only love :) So get it while you can...

What Banpresto Sheryl??? :o Me wants! :) Where? :)

Pete

Ask and ye shall receive. I'm surprised you didn't see this earlier, theres a dedicated thread! https://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/

Link to the thread discussing the figures: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28265

Edited by edwin3060

Err - but we're going way off topic. Thanks for the link and info Edwin and... um --- I really like my WAVE Movie Color SDF-1 and recommend it to everybody who's on the fence about it. It does cost a lot for such a small piece - but we don't exactly have lots of Macrosses to pick from and this one is very nice. Stable in both modes, comes with a stand and will look very beautiful with CMS Minmey I'm sure :)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...