Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Not trying to be nitpicky, but the "arms" are not the Daedelus and Prometheus. They are the space carriers ARMD-1 and ARMD-2.

I just hope Wave will release a TV version with the two aircraft carriers eventually. But then again, I doubt it.

Or maybe they will do Battle 7 and/or Battle 13? One can only hope...

A Battle Seven would be great, as would TV Arms...

Don't know about TV color though - it probably wouldn't be enough to just recolor it - the mold is some what different if I recall correctly :)

In any case - transformed it today and am fairly impressed at the complexity of the transformation!

Have a question: WHERE exactly was Macross City built inside this thing? Was the city centered somewhere? Any schematics?

VFTF1

The people just lived inside the walls of it, right? And then when it transformed the artificial gravity made them stick to the walls so they wouldn't get dizzy I think? That's something I would like to know: where was the city inside the ship and what pieces of the city was destroyed as it transformed itself and squished the unfortunate people living in a piece that was going to have to be closed off?

A Battle Seven would be great, as would TV Arms...

Don't know about TV color though - it probably wouldn't be enough to just recolor it - the mold is some what different if I recall correctly :)

In any case - transformed it today and am fairly impressed at the complexity of the transformation!

Have a question: WHERE exactly was Macross City built inside this thing? Was the city centered somewhere? Any schematics?

VFTF1

The city is located in the engine/leg section. I believe there's schematic somewhere in the web.

Btw, can you posted some pic of it on attacker mode and how well does it transform? :rolleyes:

Btw, can you posted some pic of it on attacker mode and how well does it transform?

As someone has already noted on this thread, the transformation is more complex than one expects. And I must praise the box. Yamato could take a page from Wave insofar as box design goes. It would have been really nice if they'd slapped some DYRL scenes on their boxes or something - but then again, I love Yamato for the perfect transformation valks so won't go too rough on them for stingy boxes.

Anyways - yeah - I promised a gallery after complaining that there weren't enough good pictures of this thing - so I will try to deliver on that promise shortly :)

VFTF1

Good to see other people enjoying this beautiful model. Quick question though. I am always scared to death about transforming stuff for the first time, and I am having an issue with step 9. That movement with the leg just confuses me.

Any help?

EDIT

You know what. Holy crap is all I can say. Bout 5:30 into this video is what I'm talking about.

These legs are a PAIN to detach. I seriously feel like I'm going to snap something off. I'm curious the best way to go about it. Pull outward from the top? From the bottom? Straight out from all sides?

Edited by roboferret

Good to see other people enjoying this beautiful model. Quick question though. I am always scared to death about transforming stuff for the first time, and I am having an issue with step 9. That movement with the leg just confuses me.

Any help?

EDIT

You know what. Holy crap is all I can say. Bout 5:30 into this video is what I'm talking about.

These legs are a PAIN to detach. I seriously feel like I'm going to snap something off. I'm curious the best way to go about it. Pull outward from the top? From the bottom? Straight out from all sides?

Pushl sideways out until you hear or feel a click, then pull down.

• 1 month later...

Man, other than the gap between the legs, that toy looks incredible!!!

That gap just always bothers me... looks like a wishbone. And the size... !!! What's with all these companies making everything small these days. I guess it's true what they say about Asians! (that was bad... but I'm just aggravated. Sorry!)

But the recent pictures make me want to buy one. I don't have any other choice if I want a cool looking Macross figure.

This movie color looks way better than the last one. Is the color the only difference? The arms look a little different... but that's probably just me.

Edited by fifbeat

Swoosh. Your photos alway impress! That has to be the best pic I have seen of the SDF-1 movie color yet.

GOD DAMN!!! THAT IS HOT HOT HOT!!! I need to get one of those eventually.

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

man, if only this was larger scale, i love the detailing those shots show off, but having it so small a scale spoils it for me, especially for the price of it !

love the pics though!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish this thing were twice as big as it is. It should not look like a midget next to my yamatos vf-1s!

Edit: I do not have one yet. I should say that it would look like a midget if I put it next to my 1/48 yamatos. I do want one but at that price it should be twice the size. It should be twice the size anyway. This sculpt but in the size of the original takatoku and matchbox? That would be ill!

Edited by miriya

That's what I don't understand, man.

I mean, I know nobody is forcing us to buy this stuff; but they practically have us by the balls selling toys at these prices. :(

I'm only tempted to buy it because there is no option for another Macross toy. The original is outdated, especially for the price.

I finally got one....is there an easy way to move the legs from carrier mode to storm attacker mode and back? The thing is giving me a heart attack...it doesn't wanna budge and i'm afraid to apply too much force.

I finally got one....is there an easy way to move the legs from carrier mode to storm attacker mode and back? The thing is giving me a heart attack...it doesn't wanna budge and i'm afraid to apply too much force.

There was a youtube video that visually explained it really good but I can't find it anymore. Maybe this review can't help (can't see it myself, youtube is broken or something in my Mozilla right now):

Wonder if Wave will milk the mold again with a new scheme this year too. WFT-1 version anybody? :lol:

I want TV scheme, but i don't want the same 1/5000, perhaps bigger. done by Bandai maybe.

Big like a 1/48! It will be called... SOC SDF-1, with light up bridge and sound effects. Just like Space Battleship Yamato's SOC.

Sound effects will include Gobal "Main Cannons Fire!!" and Misa "Daedalus Attack!" and of course main cannons and thrusters.

Maybe even a light up PPBarrier gimmick where small lights randomly follow each other like a christmas tree!

I can dream...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

One for each mode.

Forgot to add in there MP3 so you can have a small flickering light on the bridge (Minmay) and she can sing whatever

progamable song you crave, also there must be a remote control. And no F'n batteries, i want power, more POWER!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

don't forget miniature valkyrie launch arms that slowly pop out from hangars. and pneumatic booms that fall forward to fire (the SOC yamato had pneumatic turrets IIRC). i wonder if they can do static discharges on the booms, but i think you either need a vacuum or a stupendous voltage difference; so scratch that. oh wait, there are handheld tasers, right? ;)

and at 1/2000, that'll be the only macross toy that i'll want more than a 1/60 or 1/72 motorized, nerf-firing destroid monster!

Edited by Major Focker

1/48 scale SDF-1, The main function is as a motion activated security system. The main gun fires the taser at the intruder.

Secondary function is to protect the integrity of the MP3 player if Robotech music is loaded instead of Macross, the taser is activated in self-defense.

I want TV scheme, but i don't want the same 1/5000, perhaps bigger. done by Bandai maybe.

Big like a 1/48! It will be called... SOC SDF-1, with light up bridge and sound effects. Just like Space Battleship Yamato's SOC.

Sound effects will include Gobal "Main Cannons Fire!!" and Misa "Daedalus Attack!" and of course main cannons and thrusters.

Maybe even a light up PPBarrier gimmick where small lights randomly follow each other like a christmas tree!

I can dream...

I love your dream. May it become manifest!

Bah....i finally got the legs to move...but made a mistake with the bridge area.....bending it in a way it as not supposed to...heard a click and to my horror i saw the 2 pegs underneath the bridge had broke!! :(

Thankfully the bridge's transformation isn't affected much except it has more needless motion...just afraid that looseness might set in later.

Bah....careful with the bridge guys. I feel so stupid now.