Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

But seriously, when you look at the Aoshima legioss with all the bright colours doesn't that make you feel like you are a kid again buying toys or some candy with flashy colours to get your attention? But when you look at the masterpiece alpha, because it's a darker tone, you can see it as a collector's toy for adults because it's not trying to attract you like cartoons do by making everything bright and happy? (like you are back in primary school or kindergarden or something and the room looks like it has been painted up to be fun and happy for little kids :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Check HLJ again later today or tomorrow. I had to cancel my order earlier today. I am such a bad customer now. I think they are going to blacklist me.

Thanks miriya. Still shows up as 'discontinued' on their site, though. And to think I had it early-birded and everything back in November and then cancelled it. :rolleyes:

Thanks miriya. Still shows up as 'discontinued' on their site, though. And to think I had it early-birded and everything back in November and then cancelled it. :rolleyes:

I don't think you'll get any from HLJ now I remember the first release and they had it discontinued before it was released and it never came back into stock, I ended up picking my first edition up from a HK dealer off Ebay and payed a few dollars than the HLJ item shipped. Keep an eye out and you could find a bargin.

I don't think you'll get any from HLJ now I remember the first release and they had it discontinued before it was released and it never came back into stock, I ended up picking my first edition up from a HK dealer off Ebay and payed a few dollars than the HLJ item shipped. Keep an eye out and you could find a bargin.

Yeah, I've seen some good prices on Ebay from HK sellers. For now I just 'preordered' it from BBTS, even though it's on 'Backorder'. I've never dealt with a 'Backorder' item on BBTS before so I don't know how it works with them, they may never get anymore in for all I now. I'll give it a month and then if they still don't have it I'll have a HK seller hook me up. :)

Yeah, I've seen some good prices on Ebay from HK sellers. For now I just 'preordered' it from BBTS, even though it's on 'Backorder'. I've never dealt with a 'Backorder' item on BBTS before so I don't know how it works with them, they may never get anymore in for all I now. I'll give it a month and then if they still don't have it I'll have a HK seller hook me up. :)

Be careful with those HK sellers. There seem to be quite a lot of them that are really shady. Make sure to read the feedbacks and not just look at the scores. Some people have gotten really burned and others just had to wait a long long long long time. I am sure that there are great HK sellers too but the majority of the ones that I have seen that sell Macross stuff have really bad feedback messages and I personally had bad experience with Jchung. And of course I have nothing against people from Hong Kong. I have friends there. It just seems that there is a group of macross sellers there that are real clowns.

Be careful with those HK sellers. There seem to be quite a lot of them that are really shady. Make sure to read the feedbacks and not just look at the scores. Some people have gotten really burned and others just had to wait a long long long long time. I am sure that there are great HK sellers too but the majority of the ones that I have seen that sell Macross stuff have really bad feedback messages and I personally had bad experience with Jchung. And of course I have nothing against people from Hong Kong. I have friends there. It just seems that there is a group of macross sellers there that are real clowns.

That's so true, a lot of HK dealers are really shady. I'm trying to find who I bought my first edition off and I'll post it here as I had no problem with them.

Yeah, there are shady sellers around the world. I've had good experiences with every HK seller I've ever bought from, but then I'll only buy from them if they have hundreds of feedback and no lower than 99% positive.

I have had good experiences with HK sellers too, BUT I never ordered a $150 item from them either. It was always stuff that if it got "lost", it wouldn't have hurt all that much

I put in a pre-order with BBTS. Their site says it's being restocked this month. I figure it doesn't hurt to wait out this month at least to see if that's really the case. It'll be worth the piece of mind that if they do get it in, there won't be any doubt of it being delivered to me, whereas ordering it from an HK dealer, I might not even have it in hand within the same time period.

I have had good experiences with HK sellers too, BUT I never ordered a $150 item from them either. It was always stuff that if it got "lost", it wouldn't have hurt all that much

I put in a pre-order with BBTS. Their site says it's being restocked this month. I figure it doesn't hurt to wait out this month at least to see if that's really the case. It'll be worth the piece of mind that if they do get it in, there won't be any doubt of it being delivered to me, whereas ordering it from an HK dealer, I might not even have it in hand within the same time period.

Well I just got one off ebay for $130 shipped. The seller has 100% but only 5 feedbacks... *crosses fingers*

It's been three weeks now for me.

Three weeks! Must be almost on your doorstep. I've goota say though it's better paying SAL than EMS. I used to use nothing but EMS but you end up paying almost half the price of most items and I soon got sick of that. I only use EMS on really expensive stuff or if I just can't wait the 2-3 weeks but everything else goes SAL.

I have to use EMS. I'm far too nervous/anxious of an individual to wait for SAL.

I am aswell and the first time I used SAL I was a bit nervous but the package arrived in great shape so I tried it again. Now I ship all items this way unless I want it fast or HLJ wont send the item SAL but other than that it gives me a few extra dollars for the next Macross purchase. :)

I've just got my Wave 1/5000 Macross SDF-1 Diecast Movies edition from Hong Kong. It had only taken 3-4 weeks since they released it from manufacture. I had pre ordered this nice bit of work on the 27th of September last year, on Ebay (toysonline2002).

I've attached a smaller photo for all to see :)

img-1.jpg

post-7421-1203746097_thumb.jpg

EDIT : - More bigger pics of the SDF-1 : -

post-7421-1203772806_thumb.jpg

post-7421-1203772036_thumb.jpg

post-7421-1203772225_thumb.jpg

Edited by linux23dragon-(OSS)

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie'

Its an honor to post here :)

Meh you'll get used to it around here real fast :p, don't be afraid to rant and rave about what you need to buy and express how your/our heads are exploding coz we are right bang in the mddle of the golden age of Macross and we need dosh. :lol:

I like the way you took the pics with the good lighting, really pains me waiting for mine, should be tomorrow hopefully.

This week the very least! T____T

Just got my shipping notice from BBTS, looks like the Macross wasn't on backorder for very long because it's coming my way! I'm giddy, I've wanted a toy of the Macross for so long now... ^_^

Just got mine too. That was pretty quick.

Got my SDF-1 yesterday, it's a pretty nice piece. I actually quite like the size, although I'd never turn my nose up at a larger one. I love the deco, although I can't really compare it to the original since I've never seen that one in person. I thought the transformation would be incredibly simple with only a couple steps, boy was I wrong! I even had to consult the manual, which is something I rarely have to do and don't like to do. The part that had me flummoxed was the shoulder pieces- I couldn't figure out how to get them to rotate because I didn't notice the little catch lever that needs to be pulled down first. After I saw that in the manual it was clear sailing.

This has probably been asked but with the manual there is a tiny baggie with a small plastic stick thing in it. The manual has a picture of it being used for something on the toy but I can't figure out what. I'm guessing it's used to unlock the power of PROTOCULTURE! :p

I guess I can't really say much else about it that hasn't already been said in this thread, so I'll just give this thing another 'thumbs up'. :)

FINALLY got my W.H.A.M. SDF-1 today after waiting for it well over a month! That was the last time I choose SAL shipping.

I have to say that it looks a lot beter in person than it does in any pictures. The joints are just a little tighter and the flat paint finish looks awesome!

I'm tempted to sell the old one but I think I'll hold on to it untill Yamato produce a bigger version.

Here's some pics of it next to the old version.

Right out of the box. (after transforming it of course)

dsc00418vj6.jpg

dsc00428dc0.jpg

dsc00429ub1.jpg

Edited by Dante74

Thank you Dante74,

These are the best pics I have seen of this so far that are not the advertisement photos. The lighting and quality really let us see the color scheme well and right next to the old version is a great reference. Thanks for that! I have my finger on the trigger now and an itch on my thumb. Also, I have to say, I really like both color schemes. You are lucky to have both.

Thank you Dante74,

These are the best pics I have seen of this so far that are not the advertisement photos. The lighting and quality really let us see the color scheme well and right next to the old version is a great reference. Thanks for that! I have my finger on the trigger now and an itch on my thumb. Also, I have to say, I really like both color schemes. You are lucky to have both.

Thanks Miriya!

You should really get one of these when you can. A Macross collection isn't complete without it IMO.