Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Sweet. Thanks for the pic! I'm awaiting mine too.

Any discernible difference with regards to the joints/booms from the first release?

The ratcheting mechanism in the thighs seemed a LOT tighter in the Movie version.

I had one heck of a time getting the right leg into place.

Guys, is there a way for the ARMD's to separate from the arms/cannon shoulders right?

I would like to display my SDF-1 without them too. :)

Both ARMD's are removable.

They're kept in place by a simple peg.

I have yet to see a good photograph of the new movie color that is not one of the promotional shots. There were a couple of posts on this thread but they were either out of focus or bad lighting.

Can someone please post some good quality, in focus, well lit (without flash) photos of the new color? Thanks.

Can someone please post some good quality, in focus, well lit (without flash) photos of the new color? Thanks.

I took a few quick shots to show off the aztec paint scheme.

The color is not as light as what was shown in the previews.

2001641840657743412_rs.jpg

2001690285585655328_rs.jpg

2001684069484857550_rs.jpg

2001659319273343074_rs.jpg 2001633149520161411_rs.jpg

2001641937522081678_rs.jpg

Thank you UN SPACY ! That is better. Gives me a pretty clear view of this piece. I am really liking it. I had canceled my preorder because of financial problems but I am about to do my taxes and if I get a refund I will probably pick myself up one of these. Does it stand up by itself without the stand in battroid mode?

Just got mine in, was waiting for me when I got home from work a little while ago.

Having missed out on the first release, I'm pleasantly surprised with the size of this. Most online reviews of the original release had seemed to make a big deal about its "diminutive" size; I'm assuming that this must have been qualified by either price or in reference to the old 1/3000 vintage releases. In cruiser mode, it's about the same size as a 1/60 VF-1, which is just fine by me.

I'm impressed with the paint and molded detail, and everything seems to hold together quite nicely. I haven't tried transforming it yet (though I have mounted it up on its stand in cruiser mode). I think I may leave it there on the stand until I get tired of looking at it in cruiser!

:lol:

That's the suckar! version. Atleast's that's what WAVE would have called it... jerks.

Really want a TV version, something old skool about the blue and white colouring that attracts me.

Please Yamato do a TV version before WAVE does one! I don't want end up gettin another expensive WAVE!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just got mine in, was waiting for me when I got home from work a little while ago.

Having missed out on the first release, I'm pleasantly surprised with the size of this. Most online reviews of the original release had seemed to make a big deal about its "diminutive" size; I'm assuming that this must have been qualified by either price or in reference to the old 1/3000 vintage releases. In cruiser mode, it's about the same size as a 1/60 VF-1, which is just fine by me.

I'm impressed with the paint and molded detail, and everything seems to hold together quite nicely. I haven't tried transforming it yet (though I have mounted it up on its stand in cruiser mode). I think I may leave it there on the stand until I get tired of looking at it in cruiser!

:lol:

Cool! :p Yeah i'm not too worried about it being around that size, it's perfect for my display area in the cabinet.

Mine's still on the way,,,,,,,,,, if anyone would like to post pics of her with the ARMD's andarms detached ala pre launch SDF-1 please. :D

Sure, now that I officially decide to get one they're out of stock at BBTS and HLJ. Looks like I'll hit up Ebay.

Check HLJ again later today or tomorrow. I had to cancel my order earlier today. I am such a bad customer now. I think they are going to blacklist me.

They could call this release the Global Wave Model:

That's cool I never thought of Gobal's desk model, that is a good term for it. I canceled my order as well on this, have the first edition and I like the colours better, really looks dicast with the metalic finish. Besides I guess people will get rid of the first version, custom them or what ever so I think the first release will become very rare. I just couldn't bring myself to pay another large amount of cash for a little aztec paint that seems to be a little darker than what I expected. Now Wave will have to release a lighter colour and call it the True movie colour. I'm glad though for all the guy's that missed the first get a chance to own one as I think they are pretty cool. The thing I don't get is where in the DYRL movie did we see any aztec paint schemes as I recall all the shots showed a solid colour so I'm not really sure how they call this one a movie colour either (looks good though and if I didn't have the first I would have got this) but I'm just woundering if Wave are just going to release colour after colour.

I wish yamato did this to Roy VF-1S: make it more dull greyish.

I always thought that Roy's VF-1S was supposed to be white? The colour's of valks are really quite confusing, I was a little disappointed with the 1/48 Roy in that it's an odd off white colour. When your building Hasegawa kit's all the time you get used to thier colour's but I'd love to know what is the right colour for all the valks. With the New Wave SDF-1 I passed as I think the aztec look is more a Star Trek thing, looks really cool but there is know way the new version is anime accurate, but the first isn't really either it's too dark IMO but I do like the metalic finish.

But white in anime can sometimes mean metallic. Why don't people complain that masterpiece megatron isn't a white gun?

"white" megatron:

megatronrepaintcartoonxg6.jpg

vs

"metallic" megatron:

r_mp5megatron163.jpg

Yet you laugh when kawamori changes the VF-0 colours? :( You are all confused:

I have a theory:

1.as little kids you liked colourful candy coloured mecha because it was flashy.

2. now that you are grown up and see realistic looking ships and planes and stuff, you are fighting the inner child that lives inside you. The little kid in you is struggling to come out and hope that in the real world military weapons would appear more cartoony and flashy like in anime. :D But the adult is saying: "STFU, that looks unrealistic"

It's this struggling between the "little kid who watched a robot show 20 years ago" vs "serious adult who wants more dull, more practical, and more low vis colour schemes"

Personally I'm more into the weathered and realistic colours, and only like flashy colours when the character that piloted the plane was an ace who had a reason to stand out in the show. Normally I don't like to think of the valkyrie as white but more like the cannon fodder scheme that you see from the grey vf-0 toy. Kawamori is sane but he wants you to buy both toys! :D

Sometimes when I look at the Aoshima legioss I am reminded of candy! Because it is bright and appealing. But then I think: maybe that's a bit too bright for a giant robot which is supposed to be a killing machine. Not some cartoon robot but something you could imagine as a real weapon. Each person has their own imagined canon that they want to be the 'real' one while the toy makers take advantage of it and make more profit selling you new paintschemes so nobody can complain they are getting an inaccurate version of the 'real' (even though it's fictional) thing.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

But white in anime can sometimes mean metallic. Why don't people complain that masterpiece megatron isn't a white gun?

Yet you laugh when kawamori changes the VF-0 colours? :( You are all confused:

I have a theory:

1.as little kids you liked colourful candy coloured mecha because it was flashy.

2. now that you are grown up and see realistic looking ships and planes and stuff, you are fighting the inner child that lives inside you. The little kid in you is struggling to come out and hope that in the real world military weapons would appear more cartoony and flashy like in anime. :D But the adult is saying: "STFU, that looks unrealistic"

It's this struggling between the "little kid who watched a robot show 20 years ago" vs "serious adult who wants more dull, more practical, and more low vis colour schemes"

Personally I'm more into the weathered and realistic colours, and only like flashy colours when the character that piloted the plane was an ace who had a reason to stand out in the show. Normally I don't like to think of the valkyrie as white but more like the cannon fodder scheme that you see from the grey vf-0 toy. Kawamori is sane but he wants you to buy both toys! :D

Sometimes when I look at the Aoshima legioss I am reminded of candy! Because it is bright and appealing. But then I think: maybe that's a bit too bright for a giant robot which is supposed to be a killing machine. Not some cartoon robot but something you could imagine as a real weapon. Each person has their own imagined canon that they want to be the 'real' one while the toy makers take advantage of it and make more profit selling you new paintschemes so nobody can complain they are getting an inaccurate version of the 'real' (even though it's fictional) thing.

I think you hit the nail right on the head, for me at least. On one hand I remember the clean white looking valks in the anime that like bright coloured candy is attractive to a kids eye. On the other side I am a big fan of fighter planes and whatched the old bright schemes fade away to the low vis colours and grew to like them, it shows up in my models. My VF-1's always are clean or cleaner than my M0 models as in M0 the VF-0's all looked weathered and exsist next to real world aircraft ( F-14's, seahalks) so I feel that they look much better with a good amount of weathering. I'm also like you and only prefer bright colour schemes on valk's when it's piloted by an ace like Roy, Max ect. and like the low vis on the remainder and I guess this comes from the love of US Navy CAG birds, one pretty plane in the squadron is enough and the rest low vis standard paint.

The look of the New Wave SDF-1 is very nice and gives that look of reallism that the first lacked a little but it just makes me wonder that if enough people start to say the new colour is still not right are they going to release another colour saying this is the real, real movie colour. Then we can have the "Metalic Global desk model colour", the "aztec Star Trek style" colour and the "real movie colour". Then comes the Gold plated edition and I could go on for days and next they release a dozen versions of the TV SDF-1 in assorted blues. <_<

Well to be fair transformers has anime starscream and the realistic one. So if they do it you can't say they are the only ones guilty.

It would be good if the companies that make these toys announce all the variants that they intend to release, and have release dates for them so that people don't end up buying the wrong one or one that they wouldn't have bought had they known in advance that a different better/more-suitable paintscheme was going to come along. They must assume that the early adopters will just sell the old to get the new, like how you might do this with mobile phone or a computer to upgrade it. :D

I just wish it were bigger/cheaper. Maybe they could release a larger scale toy if enough interest in this is shown? (and later the tv version?) Or maybe they are scared to go any bigger, a bit like how we won't see the 1/60 monster? (just too big for most people)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well to be fair transformers has anime starscream and the realistic one. So if they do it you can't say they are the only ones guilty.

It would be good if the companies that make these toys announce all the variants that they intend to release, and have release dates for them so that people don't end up buying the wrong one or one that they wouldn't have bought had they known in advance that a different better/more-suitable paintscheme was going to come along. They must assume that the early adopters will just sell the old to get the new, like how you might do this with mobile phone or a computer to upgrade it. :D

I just wish it were bigger/cheaper. Maybe they could release a larger scale toy if enough interest in this is shown. (and later the tv version?)

Yeah a larger one would be great I'd love something in the 50-80cm range, something big but keep the price respectable (fat chance I know). But what your saying about how they should announce the different releases would hve been ideal, this is I guess what is bothering me a little. :(

I spent quite a bit of time and effort on finding the first one at a good price and really I would have just waited for this one. But I'm not going to go through all the crap of selling my first one just to get a little aztecing even though I would really prefer it, I've decided to be happy with the first version and if I come accross the new colour at a really good price I might get one, but I'm looking now more to the 1/4000 resin model so I can paint it in what I think is the right colour. :)

Sure, now that I officially decide to get one they're out of stock at BBTS and HLJ. Looks like I'll hit up Ebay.

Sigh, you and me both. A couple ebay auctions I had going finally ended yesterday, and I had enough money in my paypal account to buy one. I go to BBTS today, and much to my dismay they're backordered. I'm not too excited about having to find another route; I get antsy whenever I have something shipped from Hong Kong. I may just wait for BBTS.

Gee... thanks doc, I feel better... are my minutes up already?

I hate you mom!

:lol: :lol: :lol: