Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

In up standing mode with the cannon pointing upwards, do people find their cannons don't quite locked in perfect alignment? That is, one cannon is slightly forward than the other.

Not a big deal, but I find it a little annoying.

One of the cannons took some coaxing to get into place, after a bit of fidling they're both in perfect alignment. I I have a much harder time getting them to stay put in cruiser mode.

I wonder how well this has sold?

I'm hoping that it was recieved well enough so

that a larger scale is made down the road.

Or that Wave atleast sees that there are folks

that want a larger one.

He who breaks the head on his toys so that it will appear "more dynamic" and calls joints that appear above the crotch "knees" made a brief return. A moderator deleted his posts since it was classic flame-bait and leaving them would encourage similar behavior on his part and that of other banees in the future.

And bsu quoted Princess Bride.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I said I'd do a review of this toy once it was probably sold out everywhere and I put the review up today. Not sure if this thing is sold out everywhere but I suspect it's close. If you're familiar with the thread you won't really find any new info in the review, seems like most the people who bought one pretty much have the exact same thing to say about it -

WHAM%20SDF-1%20small%2025.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to get it back into the cruiser mode and put it on the stand? The legs are just so heavy they disconnect the main guns from each other and collapse.

Has anyone ever tried to get it back into the cruiser mode and put it on the stand? The legs are just so heavy they disconnect the main guns from each other and collapse.

I don't remember mine having that problem, but I'll check and see what happens when I put it back to cruiser...

I has the same problem... so I use this to "fix" temporarily the Main gun when i get it back into the cruiser :

patafix1ai9.th.jpg

With this things I can Get it into Attack mode / cruiser mode when I want.... The legs never disconnect the main gun with this...

Enjoy.. ^^

I use this "Patafix" to fix the leg of my VF-0S to the Backpack in fighter mode... It's works as well....

Edited by odr78

Well I said I'd do a review of this toy once it was probably sold out everywhere and I put the review up today. Not sure if this thing is sold out everywhere but I suspect it's close. If you're familiar with the thread you won't really find any new info in the review, seems like most the people who bought one pretty much have the exact same thing to say about it -

Actually I can still pick some up on the China's equivalent to ebay: http://www.taobao.com for $95 to $120. Of course shipping is free since I am in Shanghai. Shipping within China is like $2.

• 2 months later...
IMHO they should have gone with the full blown TV colors.

I have the "purple" one already, I don't need another one that isn't the right color :)

I prefer this paint scheme and am glad I waited, but yeah, I would have much preferred full blown TV colors too.

So this is the movie color version of the movie version of SDF-1??? :ph34r:

Wave SDF-1 has been growing on me, thanks to this thread.

I might succumb this time, unless there is a plan for the TV version.

Not more detailed... it's an optical illusion because you can see more of the detail due to the lighter color. It looks like they may have added some "splotchiness" to the paint job though to simulate different panels... I guess that could be considered more detail. Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

Edited by jenius