Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

So did I but now I cant afford it!!!! Hopefully I will get some type of miracle windfall or some majickal thing like that within the next 10 days so that I can get this. And of course now that it is ready for me to buy, I am having second thoughts. I really want it but it is so expensive and small. And of course that is what everyone is going through with this collectible figure. If it cost less or if it was bigger then it would be a no-brainer (spelling? actual word?) for me but I am agonizing a bit over this purchase.

I have the first one. It just looks so pretty displayed...

The box in the new one took the cheap route tough: it's exactly the same as the first one but with the added text "movie color"... Wow, that's so 25th anniversary <_<

Bless :blink: you guys for talking me into this!!!! :lol:

Actually I appreciate the advice. I know that if I do not get it then, a year or two down the line when it is unavailable, I will regret not getting it!

So often I am damned if I do or damned if I dont.

I am not getting this because I don't want to regret it when a year down the line Yamato finally gives us a worthy SDF-1 toy.

I don't want to make the mistake I made buying the stupid MP Robotech figures for really way too much money for what it was worth.

I am sorely tempted - but I will pass.

Prefer Groxier-X or something of that sort to this miniature mess...

VFTF1

I just saw this priced at HK$738 in one of the shops here (which is US$95). :unsure:

I was so tempted to buy it and walked around to check the prices in other stores and found it much higher (HK$888 = US$115). :rolleyes:

I went back to buy it but the shop will only take cash. And what do you know, I only had HK$700 with me.... :angry:

I am beginning to wonder if this is a sign... :blink: God telling me to stay away from it... B))

But who knows? Tomorrow, I may regret not hitting the ATM. :mellow:

The new Wave SDF-1 arrived today thanks to Sunday EMS delivery. Nothing like the factory fresh smell as you open a package.

The "movie" color looks great with the little rectangles of differing gray painted on the hull. Not as nice as the custom on the pages prior but good enough for those that are lazy. The box art and graphics do a great job of selling you the idea that these are indeed the correct colors.

The fit and finish is almost perfect, the joint on the right leg, may or may not be a knee, that moves the engine laterally was loose and one of the side engines on an ARMD was glued slightly off angle.

When unpacking the instructions be careful there is a small dark gray hook included. It would be easily lost if unnoticed. The hooks use is explained but in Japanese. The transformation was easy and can be done without the instructions. You can cheat and leave the main guns forward to make the Macross look taller.

I don't have many capital ships but the Arcadia and Yamato are shown for a sense of size. The little ARMDs are really cool on their own.

After getting the Macross I want more ships so be careful or it just might be the fumes from the box.

Edited: I cannot type.

post-3784-1202063470_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202063491_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202063516_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1202063535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

The new Wave SDF-1 arrived today thanks to Sunday EMS delivery. Nothing like the factory fresh smell as you open a package.

The "movie" color looks great with the little rectangles of differing gray painted on the hull. Not as nice as the custom on the pages prior but good enough for those that are lazy. The box art and graphics do a great job of selling you the idea that these are indeed the correct colors.

The fit and finish is almost perfect, the joint on the right leg, may or may not be a knee, that moves the engine laterally was loose and one of the side engines on an ARMD was glued slightly off angle.

When unpacking the instructions be careful there is a small dark gray hook included. It would be easily lost if unnoticed. The hooks use is explained but in Japanese. The transformation was easy and can be done without the instructions. You can cheat and leave the main guns forward to make the Macross look taller.

I don't have many capital ships but the Arcadia and Yamato are shown for a sense of size. The little ARMDs are really cool on their own.

After getting the Macross I want more ships so be careful or it just might be the fumes from the box.

Edited: I cannot type.

your shldrs r upside down

Whats this with HLJ saying discontinued on the DYRL SDF-1?

Is the limited edition already all sold?

And they have had the YF-19 w foldildo & FP as discontinued for a few months now too.

Is that really discontinued already?

Was it a limited run?

Will the fourth relase be a supernova?

huh?

So anybod gonna try making the TV version arms to just swap and change? A Prometheus and Dadelous would kick ass!

I'm sure i'm not the only one who would love to see both made for this 1/5000 version. :p

Who would buy a TV version (colour and TV arms) 1/5000 SDF-1?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So anybody gonna try making the TV version arms to just swap and change? A Prometheus and Dadelous would kick ass!

http://www.ghqmodels.com/

GHQ has a 1/2400 aircraft carrier. 1/5000 is an odd scale for ships seems the mini-games are in 2400, 3000, and 6000.

Here is a photo of the GHQ carrier but do not know what it would look like next to the Macross.

post-3784-1202158087_thumb.jpg

Yeah it is a shame it's not a in-line scale, but i did notice there was a Arii SDF-1 TV model which is 1/5000 scale, but that maybe a missprint or the information i read was bull.

Thanks for clearing the cobwebs... Imai also had a 1/5000 Macross I remember seeing one about 23 odd years ago. Too bad Bandai is only releasing the 1/8000 model. The only place to find the old 1/5000 models would be ebay.

Edit: Here is the only one I found on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5000-MACROSS-ROBOTEC...7QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Fly4victory